Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Jon Stewart, of all people, just did a whole story on the ludicrous way the media, including Fox, has been dissing Ron Paul. I'll try and post a link when they publish it tomorrow.

He shows some really good clips of the media fawning over people like Palin and intentionally pushing Ron Paul "to the back of the bus".
What do you mean "of all people"? Stewart's usually the FIRST to point out b.s. like this.

Ron Paul reminds me of every talented singer that got passed up by some American Idol "artist". They work hard to get everything right, they actually deserve more credit and could change their industry for the better. BUT, because he doesn't fit the mold, he shouldn't be on top.

It makes me sick. Paul should at least get a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
I am not sure why this is even being covered by the media when the Iowa straw poll has no official standing on the election.So for me ,it's a non issue.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Because he is against the establishment.
Pretty much.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:58 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I used to have the expectation that the media would report the facts and didn't realize you had to earn their admiration first.
Thanks for clearing that up.
You're missing the point. The media is only interested in the horse race. They have zero interest in the issues. Covering the issues would require work on their part. It's so much easier to report on who's up and who's down in the polls. It's all part of the dumbing down of the electorate.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Because they do not approve of him...he does not fit their liberal profile...and since they cannot dig up any dirt on him they are left with two choices:

1. Make him a laughing stock. That hasn't worked and not for lack of trying.

2. Make him invisible by completely ignoring him. Watch this fail miserably too...thanks to his millions of supporters.
It won't be the enough. He won't get the money and the guy is LOUSY on the stump. He's one of the worst campaigners in modern American politics.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It won't be the enough. He won't get the money and the guy is LOUSY on the stump. He's one of the worst campaigners in modern American politics.
Not really, he just doesn't appeal to stupid people who only relate to glib soundbites.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Americans like pretty people. Ron Paul is too old, too short, balding, and not very good looking. He could be the savior of the US, walk on water, but he doesn't fit the image our media has set forth and so he gets no coverage.

How far do you think Bachmann would have got if she looked similar to Susan Boyle?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:39 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
because Ron Paul has 2500 people in America that follow him around and show up to straw polls. that doesnt mean there are a bunch of people that would actually vote for him.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
What do you all think of this?

PAUL SUPPORTERS DECRY MEDIA NEGLECT | POLITICO

Whether you agree or disagree with his ideas, the media is going to great lengths to ignore him despite a strong finish in the Ames Straw Poll. This just seems curious to me.
Because Rick Perry is the bilderberg approved Anti-Christ No one else has a chance.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
Your comment is a perfect example of what people complain about.
You are trying to tell me the poll is irrelevant, therefore I should ignore it.

But for many people, the point is not the poll, it is that we have a candidate in Ron Paul who both sides are scared of, because he makes a lot of sense and his message is very consistent. The media is trying to brainwash the people again.

Maybe this time it won't work. Nice try, though.
Exactly, regardless if the poll is irrelevant, the media is granting Bachmann significant coverage because she won it, so they are, in fact, treating it as if it had some import. Ron Paul came in a very close second, but the media is intentionally ignoring him, and using the poll as an excuse to focus on the winner, Bachmann.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies