Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 150,294 times

Advertisements

I know there are tons of people who apply for stuff like medicaid, food stamps and other stuff when not eligible. How does the government catch these people? I know for medicaid, you have to first apply for it and bring proof of stuff. But if they accept a person, how does that person get caught? Like do they check midyear? But if a person has income over the amount and wasn't eligible, is this person going to get caught eventually no matter what? Or does it depend if they keep on using it? I read that if you only use it for 1-2 years, then most likely nothing will happen.

But if you use it for many years when not allowed, they will catch you. But how do they do this? do they cross reference with the IRS or something like that? I know other people do stuff like saying they are not married or stuff like that but i'm not talking about those type of situations. Would filing income for one year but then getting applied for it for that year... is that a guarantee the person will get caught no matter what? Do computers track it or do actual people track it?

I know fraud is much more by doctors compared to people but how many people are there that use Medicaid Health Benefits illegally? And do all of them eventually get caught or only those who use it for a long period of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM

992 posts, read 2,368,967 times
Same goes with food stamps and all that other entitlement baloney. My husband's cousin is unemployed, and pregnant by an unemployed drunken baffoon She was EXCITED to get on Medicaid and get Food Stamps. Sadly, she's just another link in the chain; her family (not my husband's side) is LIFELONG welfare recipients but they ALWAYS have money for beer, cigarettes, bbqs, and trips. Makes me sick. Around Christmastime, these folks hit up churches and other charities for "gift" for their kids, i.e toys, furniture, etc. They are not ashamed one bit. I don't know how people like that exist, but they do. No concsience, no pride, no work ethic....go through life expecting hand outs. This particular group of people is always going on and on about illegals and how they take advantage of benefits. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:38 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,501,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV1 View Post
I know fraud is much more by doctors compared to people but how many people are there that use Medicaid Health Benefits illegally?
Please provide proof!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,072,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV1 View Post
I know there are tons of people who apply for stuff like medicaid, food stamps and other stuff when not eligible. How does the government catch these people? I know for medicaid, you have to first apply for it and bring proof of stuff. But if they accept a person, how does that person get caught? Like do they check midyear? But if a person has income over the amount and wasn't eligible, is this person going to get caught eventually no matter what? Or does it depend if they keep on using it? I read that if you only use it for 1-2 years, then most likely nothing will happen.

But if you use it for many years when not allowed, they will catch you. But how do they do this? do they cross reference with the IRS or something like that? I know other people do stuff like saying they are not married or stuff like that but i'm not talking about those type of situations. Would filing income for one year but then getting applied for it for that year... is that a guarantee the person will get caught no matter what? Do computers track it or do actual people track it?

I know fraud is much more by doctors compared to people but how many people are there that use Medicaid Health Benefits illegally? And do all of them eventually get caught or only those who use it for a long period of time?
I get FS and they require proof of income every so often. I swear w/my caseworker it depends on the day of the week, phase of the moon cross-referenced with the position of Venus. I just had to recertify and only did so 3 months ago, but the next time might be 6 months from now...whatever, I have nothing to hide.
I know people do tho' and it's sad that they feel they need to cheat

Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM

45,119 posts, read 60,226,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Same goes with food stamps and all that other entitlement baloney. My husband's cousin is unemployed, and pregnant by an unemployed drunken baffoon She was EXCITED to get on Medicaid and get Food Stamps. Sadly, she's just another link in the chain; her family (not my husband's side) is LIFELONG welfare recipients but they ALWAYS have money for beer, cigarettes, bbqs, and trips. Makes me sick. Around Christmastime, these folks hit up churches and other charities for "gift" for their kids, i.e toys, furniture, etc. They are not ashamed one bit. I don't know how people like that exist, but they do. No concsience, no pride, no work ethic....go through life expecting hand outs. This particular group of people is always going on and on about illegals and how they take advantage of benefits. Pot, meet kettle.

That was why I got out of Christmas in April and Thanksgiving/Christmas food collections. I saw investors getting their rental properties fixed up one too many times and helped deliver too many holiday turkeys to people who already had 6 or 7 sitting around, one from each of the charitable organizations in the County.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM

992 posts, read 2,368,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That was why I got out of Christmas in April and Thanksgiving/Christmas food collections. I saw investors getting their rental properties fixed up one too many times and helped deliver too many holiday turkeys to people who already had 6 or 7 sitting around, one from each of the charitable organizations in the County.
It's a shame some people take advantage of other's good natures. I see it all the time where I live. People lying to get their kids in Pre K, finding ways to get free child care, you name it. It's sickening.

I've seen someone get "caught" by Medicaid, and they had to pay them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies