Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Tell me some of your crap about how few Muslims there are in Michigan and how they are not inserting Sharia even in that great city. .
Detroit is a great city? Right wingers must really really hate Muslims if they are crying about Muslims moving into a city that for all practical purposes is abandoned, bankrupt, and dilapidated.

Most people would applaud new residents moving into an area that resembles Bosnia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
One persons outlook on something does not facts make although there is no denying Detroit has turned into an illiterate cesspool......

Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the OP? no. he baits all the time.

the author frosty wooldridge who the OP adores is an idiot. he is one of these overpopulation quacks who wants to be proactive about the problem now(sterilization, intentionally inflicting people with disease).

this same article the OP quoted was also torn apart on snopes.

i find it odd that the OP would support this guy as he would be one of the casualties if wooldridge had his way.

thats the problem though with people here. they just copy and paste without actually paying attention to who is doing the writing.
That's good to know. I'll just refrain to responding to any of his future posts.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Detroit is a great city? Right wingers must really really hate Muslims if they are crying about Muslims moving into a city that for all practical purposes is abandoned, bankrupt, and dilapidated.
"Great" as in it has some of the richest history of any US major city (if people would actually take the time to learn about it) and has so much potential to be the greatest city in the US again (key word's potential before you respond).

Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I saw race only in the words about the black mayor. I saw the man saying that the number of Mexicans and Muslims have been mostly to blame. That is not racial according to most of you of the left lean. Most of you say only ethnic.

May I ask how having mosques all over the place with all those people speaking Arabic only works in what public schools are around? How about illegal Mexicans most of whom cannot speak English and never will as long as they are allowed to get by.

I do accept the part of your post about the flight of the middle class. Of course, we know that there were a number of black people in that flight since many of them worked in those auto plants.

It just bothers me to see the numbers about the decline of their population and how many of the present population are Muslim and Mexican. That part is scary as hell to me. Again, I want to hear some people from Michigan talking about how the Muslims aren't taking over.
I'm from Michigan, and this article is so ridiculous that it isn't even funny.

First of all, regarding the Mexican population: the percentage of Mexicans in Michigan is considerably lower than the average percentage in the U.S. Detroit is maybe 6-7 percent Hispanic, while the U.S. average is like 15 percent or so. It would be ludicrous to suggest that Mexicans have anything to do with it.

In terms of the Muslim population, there are about 300,000 people of Arab descent living in Michigan. About half are Christian, and about half are Muslim. For a state with 9.8 million people, that's like 1.5 percent Muslim. A lot of them have been here for a while, and almost all are law-abiding citizens just like everybody else. Many are educated and relatively well-to-do. So once again, this "opinion" is total bunk.

If Detroit has these problems because of the causes he suggests, than every city in the U.S. would have pretty much the same issues.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the OP? no. he baits all the time.

the author frosty wooldridge who the OP adores is an idiot. he is one of these overpopulation quacks who wants to be proactive about the problem now(sterilization, intentionally inflicting people with disease).

this same article the OP quoted was also torn apart on snopes.

i find it odd that the OP would support this guy as he would be one of the casualties if wooldridge had his way.

thats the problem though with people here. they just copy and paste without actually paying attention to who is doing the writing.
I did some googling after reading your post and had a great time. Couldn't find a lot of your crap but still had a good time even reading the two left leaning sources, Snopes and Fact Check. I failed to see anything about him being like some of Obama's czars about disposing of any people but will not stop looking until you come up with some of your proof links or I find something.

How about you passing a link from Snopes on to me since I can never find anything I ask for there. Somehow I don't know the proper words to get their computer to spew out the info.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I'm not here to give a history lesson.

All indication suggest Detroit was already in decline and "on its knees" before Coleman Young was elected, and it was because of the reasons Detroit was alerady in delcine that he was elected.

That's not hard to grip.
I think I agree with you about the decline of Detroit but don't think you want to blame the UAW for any of what happened to the auto industry.

Have you ever seen the YouTube thing about those black women coming in for their Obama money?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Most people would applaud new residents moving into an area that resembles Bosnia.
I've never been to Detroit and probably won't be going with all the Sharia that is there right now.

Could you tell me why all those Muslims want to live in a dead city? Is there a chance that they are being sent there by whoever pays their way here? I believe that could be the case. It surely isn't hard to understand what I am saying. You left wingers have your stories and we have ours, it seems.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
That's good to know. I'll just refrain to responding to any of his future posts.
Please do that since you don't read links, anyway.

That baiting is so-called by left leaners and may be just that. Why do they come in flinging all their crap since it is bad?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
when these white people get on here an give their opinion (ie, the article) and say that Colemen Young brought the city down, you can tell theyr'e full of b.s. right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies