Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When will the first flash mob regret the day they flash mobbed?
1-3 months 23 42.59%
3-6 months 5 9.26%
6+ months 3 5.56%
Not gonna happen 9 16.67%
Pie 14 25.93%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...recomend all store owners have a remington 12 gauge under the counter, one with the 18" barrel .....
I'd suggest 18 1/2 just so some overzealous cop/prosecutor doesn't decide to cite/prosecute you because it's 17 999999999/100000000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 AM

88 posts, read 132,539 times
Good thing to see I'm not the only one rooting for some of these animals to get smoked....

Old 08-16-2011, 06:45 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,682,897 times
There are reasons flash mobs happen where there are restrictive gun laws, little police protection, and a general attitude of acceptance of criminal behavior as a norm.

Because they can.

It's one thing as a store owner to carry, it's another entirely to be working a minimum wage job as a night clerk and think about defending a boss' property with your life. I used to work midnights at a friend's convenience store/fireworks stand on the interstate, and most of the people who worked similar stores said, "Let them take what they want, I'll even help them carry it out" when we talked about robberies. Me, I felt differently - I kept my .38 with me and made no secret of it. The cops 'knew I was crazy' and kept coming by 'to make sure I wasn't dragging bodies out of the store'. Between my rep and the cop presence, I - unlike most of the people who worked in our area at night - was never robbed. Criminals will always take the easy way out; go for the stores and areas where they know that they have nothing to fear.

That said, anyone nowadays who "escalates" the situation by defending themselves or their property will, more often than not, have to deal with families and friends of the criminals (often criminals themselves) who will seek 'revenge'. And, with their mentality, they will seek 'revenge' on stores, property owners, and even passerby who are 5-10-20 miles away from, and had nothing to do with, the scene where their criminal friend was brought to justice. This is why gun owners won't shoot into flash mobs - not just because the cops and courts in their area won't protect them, but because they know that, the minute they fire, these humanimals will become even more aggressive and violent. And most regular folks won't/can't arm themselves to protect themselves.

It's pretty pathetic when criminals direct and determine peoples' lifestyles and safety instead of the law-abiding individuals. If every law-abiding citizen was required to be armed and know how to use weaponry, and didn't pity or excuse criminals or their behavior, this wouldn't be happening. It's sad when the criminal element is more cohesive and supportive of each other than the non-criminals.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
One place you won't see these flash MOBs, is TEXAS!

Too many people packing heat here, and they know it.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'd suggest 18 1/2 just so some overzealous cop/prosecutor doesn't decide to cite/prosecute you because it's 17 999999999/100000000.
You can count on an over-zealous prosecution, but that's the price we have to pay to defend civilization from barbarians. It's not free, there's always a cost.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Question is: when is the first strike going to happen?
Not soon enough, it is already way overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...recomend all store owners have a remington 12 gauge under the counter, one with the 18" barrel so it's easy to swing out real fast, waste a few of these stains...these p.o.s. will think twice before they 'flash mob' a store...granted, not the best solution but, hey, any other ideas?...i'm open to suggestions..
Try this one, works just as good or perhaps even better.
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. - Firearms, Shotguns, Rifles, Accessories, and Precision Machining (http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=32 - broken link)

Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not everyone is terrified of a race war. I guess liberals are that way.

I'm not a liberal (imo) and I'm not afraid of a race war.

Of course if there were one I'm confident I'd end up on the winning side, so to speak.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'm not a liberal (imo) and I'm not afraid of a race war.

Of course if there were one I'm confident I'd end up on the winning side, so to speak.
There would be no winners in a race war. We would all lose. This not one race against another, it is civilized society against rampaging criminal rabble. Stop the cancer before it spreads further.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:11 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
Flash mobs: how long before one messes with the wrong person?

Paging Bernard Goetz....

Old 08-16-2011, 07:13 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I just don't want to see these mobs get so out of control. I do worry that at some point someone is going to mess with the wrong dude, and all hell is going to break lose. They are getting a bit crazy, mess with the wrong person, and who knows what will happen.
Race riots/war. That's what will happen. They're already targeting whites (see admission re: Wisconsin State Fair). It'll skyrocket out of control when a white person fights back and one or more of the attackers get killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies