Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You arent following your own conversation very well. You responded that Reagan removed loopholes, in response to GE paying $0 corporate taxes. If Reagan removed loopholes, then AGAIN, why was GE able to pay NOTHING? Come on, I know you can catch up to the rst of us..
I know exactly what I am saying, but if you want to insert Obama into every post you make, then you go right ahead, but don't expect everyone to follow you every time you change the subject. I am not interested in your games.

Are you arguing Reagan did not remove any loop holes? Sure sounds like you believe so. Reagan removed a lot of loopholes including many used by his ex-employer GE, but quite obviously GE is utilizing new loopholes today. 30 years has passed, and new laws have been written and tax lawers have discovered new loopholes in them, and in the old ones, and they are being exploited. It is time to pull the weeds again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Reagan (or the 80's congress) a AND also JFK (or the early 60's congress) BOTH lowered rates and closed loopholes..as did 'w' bush

we could do it even more...close some more loophole and lower everyones rate

Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know exactly what I am saying, but if you want to insert Obama into every post you make, then you go right ahead, but don't expect everyone to follow you every time you change the subject. I am not interested in your games.
Actually it was YOU that changed the subject. The thread is to discuss corporations not paying taxes, not reagan. I asked you a question to maybe have you not look like a hypocrite by saying Presidents do "X" on one posting, but the next say they dont. Rather than answer the question you go off and attack, why?
Quote:
Are you arguing Reagan did not remove any loop holes? Sure sounds like you believe so. Reagan removed a lot of loopholes including many used by his ex-employer GE, but quite obviously GE is utilizing new loopholes today. 30 years has passed, and new laws have been written and tax lawers have discovered new loopholes in them, and in the old ones, and they are being exploited. It is time to pull the weeds again.
Never at all said Reagan didnt remove loopholes, but now by your own admission, talking about his policies are ridiculous since 30 years have passed. Makes me wonder why you have distracted from the thread to go back 30 years rather than discuss current policies...

Maybe you can help the rest of us understand what the hell you are talking about..
Reagan ok to discuss, Obama not. How exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I really do not remember much about Reagan.
It is easy to find the information in the net. He cut payroll taxes, raised corporate taxes, and removed loophopes.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, what tax law would you YOU change???
I would start with the big ones and review how corporations use offshore tax havens to avoid paying tax in US. Look at Google for example. They pay 2.3% tax rate in US

Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Reagan (or the 80's congress) a AND also JFK (or the early 60's congress) BOTH lowered rates and closed loopholes..as did 'w' bush

we could do it even more...close some more loophole and lower everyones rate
That's the idea. Close the loopholes and lower corporate rates

Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I would start with the big ones and review how corporations use offshore tax havens to avoid paying tax in US. Look at Google for example. They pay 2.3% tax rate in US
Actually google paid 2.4% in OVERSEAS taxes. The USA tax rate is 28% which is why they dont keep it here.

Still waiting for you to tell me why we can discuss Reagans policies but not Obamas..

Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually it was YOU that changed the subject. The thread is to discuss corporations not paying taxes, not reagan. I asked you a question to maybe have you not look like a hypocrite by saying Presidents do "X" on one posting, but the next say they dont. Rather than answer the question you go off and attack, why?

Never at all said Reagan didnt remove loopholes, but now by your own admission, talking about his policies are ridiculous since 30 years have passed. Makes me wonder why you have distracted from the thread to go back 30 years rather than discuss current policies...

Maybe you can help the rest of us understand what the hell you are talking about..
Reagan ok to discuss, Obama not. How exactly did you come to this conclusion?
The tone here is getting quite unpleasant, so this will be my final reply to you. I know from past experiance that with you it only gets worse from here on. If you insist on talking about Obama on every post you make, then you go right ahead, but I have no interest in it. Why is this so difficult to understand? I happen to agree with Reagan's approach, and that is why I brougt it up. I am sorry it offended you. Why you think you are in position to demend everyone talk about Obama is beyond me. You can talk about him, but it would be nice if you let others bring up other points.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
What "big ones"????

Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
My answer to the question of the thread is that the right wingers dont want the corporate 'people' paying taxes, just the middle class and the poor- the upper classes should not be taxed as they are the (hymnal music) 'job creators'
That's complete BS Nobody wants them exempt from taxes, just not singled out for excessive taxes. That fact that your vision is so weak as to not see that is scarry. Stay off of the roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies