Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
lol. Did you read your post? Please tell me that you only buy products made in America and tell me where you shop. I really dislike rank hypocrisy.
Have you ever even attempted to research it?

American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers

American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA

Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Products for Home and Family

Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made

I do not purchase clothing made in China as I opt for organic cotton and if not made in the USA at least made in countires with" Fair Trade" polices.

Fair Trade Clothing | Organic and Eco Friendly Clothing | Fair Indigo

http://www.sevya.com/images/sev-bg.jpg

The thing is... you are gloating about supporting American workers and their jobs. By supporting these types of jobs selling the Made in China crap we are dragging the nation down by not advocating for better.

I really abhor blatant ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you ever even attempted to research it?

American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers

American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA

Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Products for Home and Family

Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made

I do not purchase clothing made in China as I opt for organic cotton and if not made in the USA at least made in countires with" Fair Trade" polices.

Fair Trade Clothing | Organic and Eco Friendly Clothing | Fair Indigo

http://www.sevya.com/images/sev-bg.jpg

The thing is... you are gloating about supporting American workers and their jobs. By supporting these types of jobs selling the Made in China crap we are dragging the nation down by not advocating for better.

I really abhor blatant ignorance.
So where do you shop? You do buy some products manufactured in China, right?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
You have to buy some because many things just aren't made here anymore because Slavemart forced their suppliers overseas. Slavemart policies have closed thousands of factories in the US

Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Well Whoop Dee Doo...What's even more exciting is that you enabled the Chinese to go on shopping sprees at Harrods of London where the average Chinese shopper spends $5000 a pop. If it were not for people such as yourself, that support our manufacturing being outsourced to China so that we can only employ at minimum wage at places such as Walmart, the Chinese are partying it up. How do you say thank you in Mandarin?
Umm, the per capita GDP of China is about HALF of Mexico's.

I don't think it makes sense to pay $600 for a $300 TV, and neither does anyone else--which is why we don't make them in the USA.

Can't figure out what some people have against the poor Chinese, striving to make a better life.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You have to buy some because many things just aren't made here anymore because Slavemart forced their suppliers overseas. Slavemart policies have closed thousands of factories in the US
Walmart does not govern this country. It is your legislators, republicans and democrats, who shipped jobs overseas.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I just provided you a sampling of places that I research when I am in the market for a particular product. The point that you are missingi is that until the masses demand better and boycott Made in China, our manufacturing jobs will not come back. We have lost 50,000 factories in the USA. If Americans remain complacent and not proactive, there will not be anything left to purchase that is actually made here. It is people like me tha keep the demand up for Made in The USA, but every American should stick together on this. How long do you think it would take for industry to get the message? Not very long. If I do not absolutely need it, I don't buy it and go out of my way to locate what is available that is made here. In fact, I have purchased items that I did not actually need just because it was made here and just to support a homegrown company.

No, I am not a hypocrite and if more people held these standards, we'd be a lot better off as a nation...job wise, economy wise, etc. That is patriotism.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I just provided you a sampling of places that I research when I am in the market for a particular product. The point that you are missingi is that until the masses demand better and boycott Made in China, our manufacturing jobs will not come back. We have lost 50,000 factories in the USA. If Americans remain complacent and not proactive, there will not be anything left to purchase that is actually made here. It is people like me tha keep the demand up for Made in The USA, but every American should stick together on this. How long do you think it would take for industry to get the message? Not very long. If I do not absolutely need it, I don't buy it and go out of my way to locate what is available that is made here. In fact, I have purchased items that I did not actually need just because it was made here and just to support a homegrown company.

No, I am not a hypocrite and if more people held these standards, we'd be a lot better off as a nation...job wise, economy wise, etc. That is patriotism.
If you blame that on Walmart, you truly have no clue. Send Bill Clinton an email and ask him why he thought it was such a good idea to outsource jobs.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If you blame that on Walmart, you truly have no clue. Send Bill Clinton an email and ask him why he thought it was such a good idea to outsource jobs.
As I said...I am not a hypocrite and have often faulted Clinton on the trade policies and right her on CD many times. At least I am doing my part by not proliferating the idiocy of the policies and I support representatives that speak out loud and clearly against them. Do you?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM

No, because I am a manager struggling to keep the business viable by saving money. I will save all I can to make sure I don't have to lay people off who have families to feed.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
No, because I am a manager struggling to keep the business viable by saving money. I will save all I can to make sure I don't have to lay people off who have families to feed.
I'm done here because you just do not get it...but know this, the more that you continue to support what corporations such as Walmart are doing to this country, your struggles as an American will only get worse. Adios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies