U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 AM

12,387 posts, read 12,099,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
More like reasonable people, who will get a job done when those who are too good to realize they ain't worth what they're paid, go on strike.

Especially in THIS economy.
I stand by what I said.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 AM

321 posts, read 329,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I stand by what I said.
Be careful what you stand for. You might get knocked down by an angry union member...or even shot

Old 08-19-2011, 01:25 AM

321 posts, read 329,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Just pointing out more hypocrisy. Anti-union neocons painting the entire labor movement by one incident by one wackjob, yet have no problem with senseless wars fought for profit.
LOL Wars for profit...YHGTBKM

Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 AM

11,531 posts, read 9,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Lambertville vandalism turns life-threatening

Great union tradition. Don't get your way, get violent.
Both sides have their nutjobs.

The working class has this thug, the right had Timothy McVeigh.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:52 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,128,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Lambertville vandalism turns life-threatening

Great union tradition. Don't get your way, get violent.
The union goon didn't shoot a scab, he shot the owner of the small business the unions goons have been intimidating, threatening and bullying for years...all because the guy has a non-union shop, all because the guy AND his workers are successful.

Last edited by sanrene; 08-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 AM

5,794 posts, read 4,665,079 times
Quote:
Scabs = scum......period
Quote:
I stand by what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The union goon didn't shot a scab, he shot the owner of the small business the unions goons have been intimidating, threatening and bullying for years...all because the guy has a non-union shop, all because the guy AND his workers are successful.
The man who was shot was not a scab (a scab is someone who is crossing a picket line in a strike to work, my father was in a union), He is the owner of a COMPETITOR,
something today's unions don't like-competition.
This is the story below,

The Monroe County Sheriff's Department is working to solve a case of vandalism that turned life-threatening.
John King was shot in the arm last week when he surprised a man trying to slash the tires on the truck at his Lambertville home.The word "scab" was also scrawled on the side.
King says he became suspicious when he saw an outside security light outside go on.
When he stepped out of his front door, the man fired one shot and ran off.

King is the owner of the largest non-union electrical contracting company in the area.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
However, during the Great Recession, King’s business has actually improved as his union competitors have priced themselves out of work.

Unfortunately, being a non-union electrical company, King has always been on the radar of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). In fact, in 2006, he won a significant case against the IBEW at the US Court of Appeals, after the union had improperly promised his electricians jobs on union sites if they voted the union into King’s company.
This is what the union philosophy has come to. Open job shop, right to work state....bad, bad, bad...for them.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 AM

48,508 posts, read 87,788,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So are the Pinkertons used to surpress unionization. Both sides are too willing to use violence. There are better ways to settle differences.
Where is the pinkerton's doing that now or violence now that justifies this. I guess one could say union corrution shows that corportations are just doing what unions have done also.Strange statement really.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was NOT defending the Thugs of either side. Just pointing out that both sides used violence to get their way.
In TODAY'S world, you cannot make that claim. It is the unions, solely, that use violence and intimidation.

Quote:
Scabs = scum......period
Riiiighghghgt...that deserves whatever they get...right? Any action by the thuggish, goonish union is justified, right?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM

19,895 posts, read 16,675,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
There are violent people within all groups on this planet. Violence within a group shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether or not the foundation of the group should be demolished. It certainly shouldn't be tolerated anywhere in any way, shape, or form.

(and Americans have never said, "Agree with us, or else???")

Really you do not know the union members i know of then. Yep they want you to agree with them. Even in speaking to me, they have a arrogant way about them, this is in the high desert area. The ones i have spoken with, you agree with them or else, that is what the guy said to me. He will tell you why you have to agree with them, i don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, i honestly don't care.

No not all union members are the same, your right, but a lot of them do have that mentality. And no i am more then sure there are very logical and very nice union members. Some do have that mentality, agree with our way of thinking, they told me so. I did not care for the guy, i met him around 4 years ago. Arrogant pompas fool, with a persnoality of a snail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or