Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:15 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The thing is my guys (including myself) can drink this week end and pass a drug test on Monday.

Smoke pot and they are gone.
But that's reinforced by the laws on the books. Bad PR for corporations to hire potheads if pot is illegal. Alcohol over time dulls the mind, creates a sucky sleeping schedule, and ruins concentration. It's a good career killer in of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
It is the insurance companies too.

The just can't insure people to work that will test positive for drugs.
Never the less, marijuana hasn't been proven to be harmful. Using it is against the law. But no one can explain exactly why it's against the law.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Clean pee in condom taped to leg FTW. Dilute with a tiny bit with hot water to get temp at correct level.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times

Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Clean pee in condom taped to leg FTW. Dilute with a tiny bit with hot water to get temp at correct level.
That would not work for our insurance company.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
workingclasshero described best why marijuana is illegal.
Too many misconceptions surround marijuana, that it makes people insane, act violently, and reduces the brain's ability to function. Not true. Unfortunately, the misconceptions are believed by many. That's why no one can come up with any substantial evidence that marijuana is illegal.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
The thing is my guys (including myself) can drink this week end and pass a drug test on Monday.

Smoke pot and they are gone.

The thing is, while the THC stays in your system for approximately 30 days because it sticks to your fat cells, the effects of pot will generally wear off in 1-3 hours. Therefore, if one of your guys smokes the night before or even a week ago, there is NO WAY IN HELL that they are under the influence, or intoxicated! Plus unlike when you consume a ton of alcohol the night before, there is no hangover with smoking pot! The thing is too, your guys can do a s*** load of coke on Friday, a drug that is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more harmful than pot, highly addictive, and can kill you if you do too much at one sitting (as with alcohol... ever hear of alcohol poisoning?) yet they could probably pass a drug test on Monday as well! Furthermore, there are definitely visible signs that one is stoned, or drunk, and with that said, I would support testing. I do not however, support random drug testing without suspicion that the employee may be under the influence, nor do I support pre-employment drug screening either, because of the flaws! I mean, think about it... what's worse smoking a little weed or doing coke?! Do the math here! It's always the pot smoker that gets caught, and gets punished! Furthermore, what someone does on their own time (OWN time being the keyword here) and not causing harm to others (in which instance most pot smokers aren't) is not my employer's, nor the government's business! That also goes for those companies that have started testing for nicotine! IMO it's downright FASCIST for an employer to meddle into someone's private life!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Too many misconceptions surround marijuana, that it makes people insane, act violently, and reduces the brain's ability to function. Not true. Unfortunately, the misconceptions are believed by many. That's why no one can come up with any substantial evidence that marijuana is illegal.
Actually, one could easily come up with substantial evidence showing that marijuana is illegal.

The question is: why is it illegal.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But that's reinforced by the laws on the books. Bad PR for corporations to hire potheads if pot is illegal. Alcohol over time dulls the mind, creates a sucky sleeping schedule, and ruins concentration. It's a good career killer in of itself.

I drink (in moderation of course) and ONLY drink beer, but alcohol causes a lot more health problems and damage to your body than smoking weed ever will! Yet, hmmmmmm alcohol is legal?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:34 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Not really. He did not mention that marijuana was first made illegal by the States, beginning in the 1910s. The feds were late-comers, and did not even create the Bureau of Narcotics until the late 1920s. Of course that blows away his "conspiracy theory" so I can understand why he left that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies