Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 PM

76 posts, read 112,210 times

Advertisements

Every check deposited made by the bank account holder, is traded on the global market for profit.
That is their primary profit motive tactic, and that is why we are alotted only a fraction of the amount deposited for a period of a few days. The Transaction fees in just another middle finger.
Bank with local bank's or credit unions and let the big a-holes fail once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 02:39 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
The simple solution is to just take your money to your local credit union. I have been with my credit union in FL for about 15 years now, my parents opened an account for me long ago and I just stuck with them through the years. The only fees I pay are to use other ATMS, which I rarely do. Now that we have moved, I thought it would be a total nightmare to keep the account, but they have what are called CU Service Centers that service members of credit unions all over the US. CUServiceCenter.com

We also have a local credit union so we can write checks when necessary, but most of our business is still transacted through the CU in FL.

My husband had a bank when we met and it was always a pain to deal with them and they definitely charge more fees than a CU. Many banks are also not national and they don't have anything similar to the CU Service Center so you're just SOL if you have to relocate like we did.

I get 5 cents back for each time I sign instead of use my PIN, I don't know if the WF fees will work similarly so customers will be charged the $3 monthly fee when using the debit card as credit. Seems like many places are offering rewards for signing instead of using the PIN, although I'm not totally sure why this would be.

I also agree with the reasoning behind all the strange new charges...banks have had a lot of their abilities to charge whatever fees they need to charge taken away from them by Congress/Obama. So they are coming up with new crap to throw at us consumers. You can't really blame the banks. I'm so sick of hearing about the "greedy banks" b/c they have to make money somehow and Lord knows it's not from investments these days.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm surprised that it took ten posts before we got to "Blame Obama", on an issue that has existed for a long-long time (to those of us who didn't have head firmly stuck in the sand).

It is why I switched from big banks to Credit Unions and utilize services of a small (relatively "local") bank for most part. And that was years ago.
It is the fault of "the financial reform act".

Prior to that bill, my TD acct didn't charge me for withdrawing money from WAWA free ATM. Now I get whacked for $2 from TD. I don't do it anymore.

I also now get whacked for $1 every time I use my check card for gas. So now I pay cash.

The banks warned that this bill would cost the general public money.

Unintended consequences for political points.

Thank you for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies