Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 AM

5,637 posts, read 5,052,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Not one Somalian is worth this:
All the Somailis combined are not worth the loss of one American soldier or the grief that would come to one American family should he be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatitdo? View Post
How many Americans died? Around 19 or 20,right?
How many Somalis? Around 2-3,000,including innocent civilians. I'm not saying it's good the Americans died,that's horrible. But why would you say an American life is somehow worth more than a Somali one? Are Somali's less-human?

Sending aid to the Horn of Africa is the responsibility of the United Nations and The African Union. Somalia really has no government,so you can't expect much to be done there.
Yes, an American life is worth far more than any Somali life. Look at their society as a whole and how they treat one another. They're little more than a group of savage chimps. (Actually, I retract that statement as it's unfair to chimps. Animals never kill one another as these "things" do. A better comparison might be to compare them to ants or other insects which act in a collective. That's the level of killing which is occurring there. But at least the insects don't have the development potential attributed to the "humans" living in Somalia.)

It's an African problem. Let Africa solve it. If anyone should travel there in an attempt to solve the problems, let it first be those who came from there. After that, pack up the bleeding hearts, with their belongings and children, and send them to go save that country. See how they feel about the "people" there after a few months on the ground...

Personally, I feel that the country now labeled on the maps as Somalia should become the world's weapons test range, free for all militarys to use without reservation. Turn the whole sh*t-hole into one sheet of glass from border to border.

I save my empathy and compassion for those who deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,166,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
What do you suggest we do? Send aid? Their corrupt government will take the food and then sell it to warlords and other countries. Send them money and the government will keep it.

Send in the military? Read or watch Black Hawk Down... might does not always make right, and I'd hate for a family to get a phone call telling them their son was killed and dragged through the streets like a ****ing trophy all in the name of fighting some warlords.

The Africa problem is far too complex for a simple solution from one nation.
well maybe Russia or China can deal with it...

2010 | Armed Forces of the Russian Federation | HD | High Definition Trailer - YouTube

China Military 2011 - YouTube
I think they Can handle it just as well as we could plus they could sent in 800,000 troops combined so they could create safe zones to deliver food and medical aid and take out the pirates and warlords and terroist held areas for good..

they could make the worlds shipping lanes safe and do something besides arguing with NATO at U.N. meeting and plus russia and china taking the combat lead would mean the EU and NATO could take a breather and work on their economic issues

Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,813,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Ok, get out of Iraq and Afghanistan and send troops in to save the Somalians. We actually have a chance in Somalia.
History doesn't support that statement...
for the record we are withdrawing from Iraq and reducing troop levels in Afghanistan.

If Obama, tried to help Somalia. he would be crucified for spending money, for playing favorites with people who share his race. and any number of other things.

We didn't fair well in Somalia under Clinton... ref . Black hawk Down

Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,454,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I see you have forgotten the U.S. Army in Somalia in 1992-94.

The United States Army in Somalia, 1992-1994

The dead naked American soldiers bodies being dragged through the streets....
Can't rep you so I wanted to say thanks for bringing this up!!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,166,040 times
plus if Russia and China goes on a U.N. mission lead by medev who is one scary ex-KGB looking dude you know they will send one massive force and just take out all the bad parts and the U.N. can follow and rebuild and help out right after...

Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,454,498 times
If you want to do anything in Africa get the Boers out of there who are being raped and brutally murdered daily.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 PM

202 posts, read 683,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
All the Somailis combined are not worth the loss of one American soldier or the grief that would come to one American family should he be lost.

Yes, an American life is worth far more than any Somali life. Look at their society as a whole and how they treat one another. They're little more than a group of savage chimps. (Actually, I retract that statement as it's unfair to chimps. Animals never kill one another as these "things" do. A better comparison might be to compare them to ants or other insects which act in a collective. That's the level of killing which is occurring there. But at least the insects don't have the development potential attributed to the "humans" living in Somalia.)

It's an African problem. Let Africa solve it. If anyone should travel there in an attempt to solve the problems, let it first be those who came from there. After that, pack up the bleeding hearts, with their belongings and children, and send them to go save that country. See how they feel about the "people" there after a few months on the ground...

Personally, I feel that the country now labeled on the maps as Somalia should become the world's weapons test range, free for all militarys to use without reservation. Turn the whole sh*t-hole into one sheet of glass from border to border.

I save my empathy and compassion for those who deserve it.

So you're saying you would rather have ONE American life over 9,000,000 Somali lives,including women,children,elderly,etc. Is the grief of a Somali family not as important as that of an American? Of course, you don't seem to think of them as people soo...

You also compared other human beings to chimpanzees,actually you said they were inferior to chimps. You disgust me. This is just outright hate.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,146,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatitdo? View Post
So you're saying you would rather have ONE American life over 9,000,000 Somali lives,including women,children,elderly,etc. Is the grief of a Somali family not as important as that of an American? Of course, you don't seem to think of them as people soo...

You also compared other human beings to chimpanzees,actually you said they were inferior to chimps. You disgust me. This is just outright hate.
maybe he is saying that somalia is not our business. That maybe just maybe we shouldnt be sending our troops into harms way for a concern that has nothing to do with the defence of this nation.
How is Somalia our responsibility? Why should we be sending our sons and daughters to die for a cause that has been attempted before and failed. You cant helpt those who wont help themselves.
I know lets allow Europe to take care of it. They are great at armchair quarterbacking. Lets see them lead the effort.
We can donate food.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM

202 posts, read 683,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
maybe he is saying that somalia is not our business. That maybe just maybe we shouldnt be sending our troops into harms way for a concern that has nothing to do with the defence of this nation.
How is Somalia our responsibility? Why should we be sending our sons and daughters to die for a cause that has been attempted before and failed. You cant helpt those who wont help themselves.
I know lets allow Europe to take care of it. They are great at armchair quarterbacking. Lets see them lead the effort.
We can donate food.
I have no problem with people saying Somalia is not America's business. It really doesn't have anything to do with us.
It shouldn't be Europe's problem either.

But I do have a problem with people calling other humans inferior and unworthy of life,as that fellow did back there.

If the United Nations is truly an organization aimed at trying to resolve global conflict,they will do more to aid the Horn of Africa. Simply putting money in the arms of corrupt officials will not do anything.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,365,703 times
Quote:
Somalia..........human rights crisis, what should the United States do to help?

NOTHING....stay out of it

blackhawk down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies