Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times

Advertisements

I would never embarass myself posting such an epic fail thread like this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I would never embarass myself posting such an epic fail thread like this one.

It looks like the OP has run away. I am sure she is embarassed,

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Why is this still getting posts? liberals are doing contortions to try to turn something positive into something evil to bash Rick Perry.

Its called a LIE in most places...even up north...

LIES are not good for credibility.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Why is this still getting posts? liberals are doing contortions to try to turn something positive into something evil to bash Rick Perry.

Liberals have nothing to run on. It's going to take Obama a miracle to win re-election. He's not going to win at all, and if whoever is candidate on the GOP side focuses only on the economy during the debates and brush aside everything else, Obama will be a one-termer no matter what Media Matters, Think Progress, Bill Maher, or Jon Stewart says. I'm predicting an electoral map that's gonna look like a repeat of 2004.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Quote:
Data for this post was compiled by Matt Separa (http://www.americanprogress.org/aboutus/staff/SeparaMatt.html - broken link), Research Assistant with the Economic Policy Team at the Center for American Progress Action Fund
Quote:
Matt previously held a position as a policy analyst at the Center for Inquiry’s Office of Public Policy in Washington, D.C., where he engaged in research and advocacy on a wide range of issues
Center for American Progress

*chuckle*

Its called campaign propaganda.

I don't understand liberals, they make claims and act as if people are too stupid to read, too stupid to think, and too lazy to follow up on the information. No wonder they want to dumb down America, its the only portion that will accept their garbage.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
...Accounting for the largest first to third world border on the planet.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Center for American Progress

*chuckle*

Its called campaign propaganda.

I don't understand liberals, they make claims and act as if people are too stupid to read, too stupid to think, and too lazy to follow up on the information. No wonder they want to dumb down America, its the only portion that will accept their garbage.
It's like with climate change, and the rainforest. The data increasingly shows that MMGW/MMCG is a farce, it always was, and that rainforests regenerate quite quickly even after being cut down. Again, the limo liberals prey on ignorance and stupidity to get their agenda forward.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
LROTFLFAO!

So because everyone and their brother flocked to Texas to find a job, Perry is an a*****e?

The population of my state is declining as people simply abandon their homes to go to places like Texas to find work and that hope we were promised a couple years ago. Because people are leaving here in droves, we're the example of what to do?

"The fact of the matter is that looking purely at job creation misses a key point, namely that Texas has also experienced incredibly rapid population and labor force growth (due to a series of factors, including that Texas weathered the housing bubble reasonably well due to strict mortgage lending regulations). When this is taken into account, Texas’ job creation looks decidedly less impressive"

Remind me again how Texas is NOT the example for the rest of the country to follow?

The "fact of the matter" is that no other facts matter. The "key point" is the only point. Texas created a **** load of jobs in the middle of a recession.
My advice...let the OP and liberals trash talk Texas all they want. The last thing you need is a bunch more desperate, unemployed Californians moving there, that might discourage them. Now if Texas would only do something with the criminal alien problem, it would really look promising.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Good stop the immigration here from other states

Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
The OP didn't say anything about Rick Perry, so why are you conservatives accusing him/her of it? The chart could actually be construed as good news for Rick Perry fans on some level. The information in the link has not been debunked but has certainly been decried as an epic fail. In what way? The population increase in Texas has exceeded its job growth. If Texas were in the middle of the states it would mean its job creation matches its population increase. That would be something to celebrate in the middle of a recession. However, Texas is LAST in that regard. Is it a question of Texas being overwhelmed by growth or simply bad at creating jobs for its people? The other facts about the high levels of poverty there and the prevalence of minimum wage jobs are not encouraging.

Why the hell do you conservatives so readily turn to insults? And from an opening post that had no discernible political bias, or is the finding of a contrary analysis not something worth discussing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies