Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He's got all the color he needs for the cons and racists to vilify him because he is "other."

Most of the birtherism and other anti-Obama hate is for one reason and one reason only - there are some people, lots of people, who can't deal with the fact that we don't have a white guy in the White House.
I don't care if they're white, black or brown....as long as they're not pink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The only plantation is in your mind.

By the way in the last 50 years the poverty rate for Black American has decreased by 50% while the population of Black American has more than doubled. During that same time span the number of Black American with 4 year college degrees or graduate degrees grew three times faster than the overall population for Black Americans. There were no Black CEO's of Fortune 500 fifty years ago in the past 20 years there have been 15 to 20. Fifty years there were hardly any Black Americans in cabinet levels positions in the federal goverment since then there have been numerous.

The reality is in the last fifty years the number of middle class and affluent Black Americans has grown substantially.

The only people that use the word "plantation" in relation to Black Americans in the 21st century are those still stuck in a 19th master-slave paradigm.
If things are so rosy, why all the complaints?

That must be why barry is ignoring them, they're doing just fine!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He was trying to get more white Indies and Repubs to put pressure on their Reps to do their job.

Oooooo....good one bob!

It took you this long to think of that?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rep. Maxine Waters: Black Unemployment At "Depression Levels" | RealClearPolitics

Maxine says the black community hasn't seen hide nor hair of obama.
Would you send this to jizzy? He thinks they're doing just fine!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The reality is in the last fifty years the number of middle class and affluent Black Americans has grown substantially.

The only people that use the word "plantation" in relation to Black Americans in the 21st century are those still stuck in a 19th master-slave paradigm.

I agree with this.

I also don't see how just because Maxine Waters says something about black people that it is true for all black people. Black unemployment is always higher than other Americans, that is a fact. I can understand her voicing her disdain toward the president but don't understand how a lot of conservatives who would throw her up under the bus for any of her other ideas, all of the sudden now want to use her as a tool for their own agenda.

Just so you know, plenty of black people have issues with the president, myself included but usually they have many more issues with GOP presidents or candidates.

I don't see her switching parties any time soon if you KWIM.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
After all, the black community has been especially hit hard by his policies.

I guess he doesn't want to face them?

Maybe he's taking them for granted?

Maybe he's afraid of some backlash?

For the 1st time ever, I agree with maxine waters!
It was whitey that got him elected, that's why.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Would you send this to jizzy? He thinks they're doing just fine!
Maybe because he is doing fine.

I'm doing fine too. I have a job. My husband has a job. Our kids go to a great school. I'm black. I don't think it is a big deal that the president isn't coming to "black communities." It doesn't matter to me if he comes or not.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,904 times
He has the black vote locked up.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Maybe because he is doing fine.

I'm doing fine too. I have a job. My husband has a job. Our kids go to a great school. I'm black. I don't think it is a big deal that the president isn't coming to "black communities." It doesn't matter to me if he comes or not.

Me either! The whole pretending to care about the "black community" when their only intention is to bash blacks or Obama thing is getting really old. They get aroused when black people criticize Obama. Hold your horses, just because democrats criticize Obama doesn't mean that they will vote for Perry or whatever bozo the GOP decides to trot out this time.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Perhaps because he promised them something he has not delivered. What hope and what good change have these people experienced under Obama. With unemployment figures at a all time high this morning as of AUGUST FIGURES over 408,000. I heard last night for the first time so many school age children, have both parents out of work, and going to get much worse. Have a job cherish it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies