Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yes, born in Galveston TX

Pointed out your hypocrisy because you were whining about the lefties bashing conservative
radio/TV personalities when the righties do exactly the same thing with liberal radio/TV personalities,
yet you say nothing about the righties doing the bashing....
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you also vote in elections in the US?

Moving right along.........I issued a challenge to you to contrast the number of threads conservatives start bashing left wing radio/TV personalities with the number of threads that liberals start bashing Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, even Megan Kelly, et al. If you can show that threads bashing liberal radio/TV personalities comes anywhere close to the number of threads bashing conservative radio/TV personalities, then you will have a legitimate point. Otherwise, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you also vote in elections in the US?
That's none of your business.

Quote:
Moving right along.........I issued a challenge to you to contrast the number of threads conservatives start bashing left wing radio/TV personalities with the number of threads that liberals start bashing Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Coulter, even Megan Kelly, et al. If you can show that threads bashing liberal radio/TV personalities comes anywhere close to the number of threads bashing conservative radio/TV personalities, then you will have a legitimate point. Otherwise, no.
You've been here long enough to know how to use the search feature, do your own research.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
That's none of your business.

You've been here long enough to know how to use the search feature, do your own research.
Hey, you're the one that threw Olberman into the mix. If you can't back up your claim, then expect to be challenged on it.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Hey, you're the one that threw Olberman into the mix. If you can't back up your claim, then expect to be challenged on it.
Yeah I asked you if you whined about righties bashing liberal TV/radio personalities, (USING
OLBERMANN AS AN EXAMPLE) like you whine about lefties bashing conservative TV/radio
personalities....you still haven't answered, all you do is beat around the bush.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah I asked you if you whined about righties bashing liberal TV/radio personalities, (USING
OLBERMANN AS AN EXAMPLE) like you whine about lefties bashing conservative TV/radio
personalities....you still haven't answered, all you do is beat around the bush.

I go where the action is.

If you want to bring up all the threads in the last six months that were started by a conservative bashing Olberman, go ahead. Then I'll get busy finding all the threads started by liberals bashing Limbaugh in the same time frame.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I go where the action is.

If you want to bring up all the threads in the last six months that were started by a conservative bashing Olberman, go ahead. Then I'll get busy finding all the threads started by liberals bashing Limbaugh in the same time frame.
Here's a thread with 1028 posts, mainly bashing Olbermann, no posts from you
criticizing the righties though....

Olbermann just signed off

Old 08-19-2011, 01:01 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Where exactly do you see that happening?
All of what is euphemistically known as main-stream media, as well as such notable potables as CNN, MSNBC et al.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Rush LimBlahBlahBlah's latest racial rant....

Old 08-19-2011, 02:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt if there are any/many people who depend on Rush Limbaugh for the totality of their news, especially for something like unemployment figures that are plastered all over every news outlet and newspaper in the country. I also seriously doubt that Rush's inaccurate statement about the unemployment rate when Obama took office will carry even a nanogram of weight with anyone, excepting those who who give him way too much credit. People know that unemployment is about 2 times the long term average and that the rate has increased since Obama took office. That's all they care about--that people need jobs and the jobs aren't there. All this nitpicking about Limbaugh and Hannity and a misstatement about the unemployment rate when Obama took office is "much ado about nothing". If it represents an identifiable and documentable pattern, then that's another matter.

I have no idea who does the actual study but Rush frequently claims to have a documented accuracy rate of [96%] or something like that. I also feel certain that if that particular statement could be shown to be false, there would be dozens of threads here on CD with the theme "Limbaugh Lies About His Accuracy Rate". I challenge someone--anyone--to look into that and see if it can be shown that that statement is an inaccuracy.
The St Petersburg Times, a highly-respected news source, did a study on Limbaugh and his accuracy. Their findings found that he was accurate only 31.7% of the time. That means he was inaccurate, lying, or making stuff up 68.3% of the time.

Rush Limbaugh’s pants are on fire « Missoula Editor

Old 08-19-2011, 02:24 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The St Petersburg Times, a highly-respected news source, did a study on Limbaugh and his accuracy. Their findings found that he was accurate only 31.7% of the time. That means he was inaccurate, lying, or making stuff up 68.3% of the time.

Rush Limbaugh’s pants are on fire « Missoula Editor
In the researcher's own word,

"As I said, the sample size makes it questionable whether these averages are accurate reflections of accuracy,"

So, don't put so much stock in this "report".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies