Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 PM

321 posts, read 362,168 times

Advertisements

the stock market would be at ZERO if he stayed and gave his worthless speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,603,476 times
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Obama takes the most vacations ever! Oh wait, he takes far fewer than Bush did, and Clinton took even fewer days than Obama. You know how rich, lazy Republicans like Bush are -- never met a nap they didn't like.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,661,645 times
Ought to take a permanent one

Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,779,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Isn't it amazing how people posting don't have a clue of how the country works?
The product of the fox news/right wing brainwashing.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,073,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't care how much vacation time he takes, but this is a weak argument. Neither Reagan or Bush was faced with the worst economy since the depression.

ALso, what has been described as vacations for Bush and Regan was simply working at the Western White House, neither guy were big Washington people.
You see, this is exactly what happens when people think they can just flippantly throw around facts and think no one knows better.

Guess you hadn't heard about the 1980's recession? Let's take a trip back in the time machine.

Early 1980s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bank failures, bank deregulation, beginnings of S&L scandals brought on by the Bushies, unemployment, inflation and borrowing at near zero levels. I guess you don't count those...since they were the worst economic event since...oh, I know...the Great Depression!

I swear, sometimes it's just too easy.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,188,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
So much for fox, the other right wing outlets and their minions trying to bash Obama over taking some vacation days. At the same time in their presidency,

Reagan: 112 days on vacation

W: A whopping 180

Obama: Only 61

Clinton bottoms the list with only 28.

Really shows those on the left are ready to work. The right? not so much.

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News
Throw some math at this group of numbers and you find that if Obama is at 61 in 2 1/2 years that figures out to 24.4 per year and at the end of his 1st term he will be at 97.6. Now give him two terms, which you are so sure of, he would be at 195.2 for the 8 years. Hmmmm, that seems to be more work than you and CBS were willing to do. Well maybe you two didn't want it to be seen but some of us just aren't stupid enough to be taken by your lack of mathematical abilities.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
"Facts are stubborn things" -Reagan
Facts are stubborn things but when you use 2 1/2 years against 8 years you are in trouble and not using facts.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Go ahead and put up your facts then.
I just did just that using Tempest's CBS numbers. Look at it and see that going in with those numbers like CBS did works but they failed to do it with real numbers.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,542,912 times
Quote:
The product of the fox news/right wing brainwashing.
LOL, that's such a right on comment. How does it strike you when someone who is highly touted as a possible president doesn't have a clue about the constitution. A person that does not even know that the constitution is between the government and the citizen. Yes, I'm talking about that, "I'm happy to be here exercising my 1st ammendent rights" Doofus, Sara the pain palin. I think even the goofballs have realized she just isn't up to snuff because her star seems to be falling fast.

They don't need her anymore because they have that mighty warrior of congress, that one who has written no bills, has done nothing that is on record as an accomplishment, that one who would let the country default on it's obligations,would not vote for enabling the country to carry on NO MATTER WHAT as she said. The one the only BACHWOMAN. Oh she's a smart one she is. She is the only one in the entire world that knows that Paul Revere rode out to warn the British.... LOLLOLLOLLOL. The one who claims the shot that was heard around the world was fired in NH. Yep, they are lovin her. They like her take on entitlements. "No one should get any except us. Yep us who are the ones who really deserve taxpayers money so that our farms can make more money and we can change those nasty gays back into not gays. Ya, you give it to them Michelle. NO MORE earmarks, well except for Minnesota cause I have people I owe there ya know. The one thing that makes her a sho in for POTUS with these people is that she can't go wrong. There is just no way because God Himself tells her what to do.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:19 PM

I must apologize for using Tempest's OP. It failed to say what a later post from her did about time and I attacked His Eminence wrongly. I won't do that again until I read every post she has made. Of course, apology trips to the Mid East and Europe don't count, do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies