Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 02:55 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"If you mean curing the underlying condition of pedophilia, that is correct."

There appears to be no "cure" for this condition. No pill on the market. No these folks have no cure and don't deserve a second chance. The only "cure" seems to be to act against their impulse which means one will need to trust the convicted pedophile that they won't do it again. They don't deserve that chance IMO. I guess one cure would be to go "Bobbitt" on em.
Quite. A varmint is a varmint and cannot act against.its nature. Be it on two legs or four. Biggest difference twixt the latter two is that the four legged critter is designed to do what it does and there is really no reason to hold them in contempt ....a prowling yote in the coop is not guilty of a crime per se whereas a pedophile is the worst type of criminal, choosing to put into tortures agony its victims. The kills to live...the pedophile lives to kill. To kill the innocence and trust of the most helpless among us with depraved sexual desire.
Both types of predators must be dealt with ...but I would take pleasure in dispatching a pedophile whereas I take no such pleasure in having to deal with the yote. His actions are natural and driven by survival. No such thing can be said of a pedophile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
a pedophile is the worst type of criminal, choosing to put into tortures agony its victims. The kills to live...the pedophile lives to kill.
You are perhaps speaking of those pedophiles who are also sadists, or who are also murderers, which are a different issue altogether.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You are perhaps speaking of those pedophiles who are also sadists, or who are also murderers, which are a different issue altogether.
Most pedophiles are not sadists or sexual killers...most pedophiles know the victim and groom them...

You will never normalize a Pedophile and you will never have one "recover." They will always have a screw loose (as my boss used to say).

Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
GuyNTexas - I will respond to your post when I have some patience and time on my hands to explain how you are misreading DSM diagnostic criteria and making attributions about the APA, your "prominent and respected" Johns Hopkins professional who was keynote speaker at a fringe group event (but one of their aims that he was agreeing with was getting treatment for those who have not yet offended), and general opinions (which you are free to hold) about psychology/psychiatry.

I don't care that we disagree, but I am not ok with you misreading and misrepresenting information about the DSM and APA. I will say the same thing to anyone who misrepresents information from these sources, no matter what their opinion is.

As for your insults about my critical thinking and assumptions about leftist propaganda, oh please.

Last edited by eastwesteastagain; 08-26-2011 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Most pedophiles are not sadists or sexual killers...most pedophiles know the victim and groom them...

You will never normalize a Pedophile and you will never have one "recover." They will always have a screw loose (as my boss used to say).
Crudely put, but basically true (i.e. that you cannot cure them). To say they will invariably reoffend is not true, but I don't think you were saying that.

"Grooming" is a rather silly scare-word that doesn't mean much aside from being kind and generous and paying attention and giving gifts--all the same things normal adults do to woo other adults.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:33 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post

Which gender or age group one is sexually attracted to is fixed. A person who is attracted to their own sex will ALWAYS find them sexually attractive. A person who is attracted to children will ALWAYS find them sexually attractive. I once encountered a very old man in a nursing home who frequently tried to kiss the young teenage and early adulthood CNA's who worked there. (Just the pretty ones.) And no, he was not senile. He knew full well what he was doing and he had a history of sexual abuse of children.

We know that most heterosexual men will continue to find young adult women very attractive no matter how old they get. There is no shortage of marriage breakups that occur when a man is in his 40's or 50's and leaves his wife for a younger woman.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Which gender or age group one is sexually attracted to is fixed. A person who is attracted to their own sex will ALWAYS find them sexually attractive. A person who is attracted to children will ALWAYS find them sexually attractive. I once encountered a very old man in a nursing home who frequently tried to kiss the young teenage and early adulthood CNA's who worked there. (Just the pretty ones.) And no, he was not senile. He knew full well what he was doing and he had a history of sexual abuse of children.
You had "young teenage" workers at a nursing home?

Anyone who is old enough to be working in any nursing facility is too old to attract the attention of a pedophile, by definition. Pedophiles are fixated on pre-adolescent children, and true, it is apparently normally an immutable characteristic. But your story doesn't jibe with that. If he was a pedophile but came to like young adults, that would contradict your premise.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
You had "young teenage" workers at a nursing home?

Anyone who is old enough to be working in any nursing facility is too old to attract the attention of a pedophile, by definition. Pedophiles are fixated on pre-adolescent children, and true, it is apparently normally an immutable characteristic. But your story doesn't jibe with that. If he was a pedophile but came to like young adults, that would contradict your premise.
They were teenage high school girls working part time for extra money. There were no prepubescent children working in the nursing home so he zeroed in on the next best thing--the 16 and 17 year old high school girls. At the age of 80 something he didn't really care--all they needed to be was young, female and pretty. He left us old hags alone.

Yes, he had a history of molesting both his daughters and even his granddaughters. At least he tried on his granddaughters but wasn't successful.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:00 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Since the majority of pedophiles are christian heterosexuals, what's the solution of the right wing?

False hate from the left, the ministers of misinformation.

Regardless of what someone claims to be, pedophiles should be locked up for life, as they are a constant danger to children.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:07 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Rrrrrrr......I did not say that all of these verminous pond scum were murderers. Though many are because they don't want their victims to talk or because they do like to murder. But, the one thing they ALL have in common is ...as I DID say..that "they live to kill the innocence and trust of the most defenseless among us". Cut paste and twist fail. Nevertheless, whether a molester actually murders or not is not the point. Adding murder just exacerbates the crime. Makes an already heinous act even worse. To look at a CHILD as an object of sex is astoundingly horrible enough, to act on that impulse is to disgusting to verbalize. I submit that ALL pedophiles have a sadistic element in that sexually abusing a CHILD is a sadistic act in and of itself. To argue otherwise is defending the indefenseable. Pedophiles do NOT love children! They victimize and abuse children. No worse kind of flea bitten varmint exists on Earth than a pedophile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies