Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes. Some of us do not find higher-level thought unfamiliar, have concern for our fellow citizens, and would like to better understand why people do what they do. You are not obliged to do that and clearly don't want to, but if so you ought to quit pretending you have any insight to offer.
You certainly have a lofty opinion of your intellect. Especially since you wish to assign "higher level thought" to such a disgusting type of person. If your views actually presented as an attempt at defending children from predatory beasts your arrogance might taste less like bile. However...your statements seem to offer excuses for a heinous act....and they smell worse than a two week dead rat in a crawlspace.
Your take that you are somehow intellectually superior in some vein is amusing....but more than annoying.as well. The suggestion of higher thinking because one attempts to JUSTIFY an act of sexual predation on children?!. Unmitigated and putrid gall.
Hmmmmm...and this spew you offer is somehow worthwhile? Compared to what? My take may be simplistic....but it is not without merit...whereas yours offers nothing but slander to mine without anything backing it up. Other than an inflated( or perhaps bloated is more apt) opinion of your own prowess of intellect.
Pedophilia is a disgusting condition of humanity. No doubt about that. If such sicknesses are allowed to spread a species is going to be over run with culls that have no useful purpose to the perpetuation of said species. Cull...look it up ...the definition may have some meaning beyond linguistics. One need not understand the motives of a virus to understand that it cannot be allowed to spread.One need only understand how to kill it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 01:41 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
I hate agreeing with momo on anything, but a fixated pedophile is sexually attracted to prepubescent children; that's what the word means. Some may be on power trips, but that only means that what they find personally empowering coincides with what they find sexually attractive.

(It's also true that some child sex offenders may not be clinical pedophiles, but may offend against children in order to feel powerful, or even in odd cases for revenge against the child's parents. I think you may be talking about cases like that.)

Momo is wrong, of course, in suggesting there is any causal or even correlative connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.
I'm not arguing about the definition of pedophilia. But what I'm saying is that most pedophiles don't act on their attractions and most child abusers aren't attracted to their victims. Therefore, child abusers and pedophiles are two different things. Child abusers violate children and pedophiles are attracted to them, but attraction does not imply acting on it and vice versa. What you said about "it's also true" is true most of the time.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:45 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Pedophilia is a disgusting condition of humanity. No doubt about that. If such sicknesses are allowed to spread a species is going to be over run with culls that have no useful purpose to the perpetuation of said species.
If that is true, people who wish to understand how and why the condition spreads ought to meet with your heartly approval.

In reality of course, pedophiles spend most of their time doing what non-pedophiles do: eating, working, shopping, reading books, etc. and therefore to say they have "no useful purpose" is incorrect and brands you as a fanatic.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:46 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm sure you have an equally impressive explanation for the erection used to penetrate these children.
I gathered that information from a mental health professional who had worked for decades with pedophiles.

An erection alone doesn't prove sexual attraction. Physical stimulation alone can cause an erection. Men get erections all the time without there being any sort of emotion or thought linked to it.

Many rape victims also report their organs responding to the penetration. Many rape victims do orgasm during rape. But it's pretty obvious they're not psychologically turned on by the idea of rape. Their organs are doing what they were wired to do--reacting to physical stimulation, pure and simple.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm not arguing about the definition of pedophilia. But what I'm saying is that most pedophiles don't act on their attractions and most child abusers aren't attracted to their victims. Therefore, child abusers and pedophiles are two different things. Child abusers violate children and pedophiles are attracted to them, but attraction does not imply acting on it and vice versa. What you said about "it's also true" is true most of the time.
OK, we only would disagree about how much of the time the two circles overlap, but we agree in principle.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
If that is true, people who wish to understand how and why the condition spreads ought to meet with your heartly approval.

In reality of course, pedophiles spend most of their time doing what non-pedophiles do: eating, working, shopping, reading books, etc. and therefore to say they have "no useful purpose" is incorrect and brands you as a fanatic.
i have to agree with the other poster.

if you spend even a small amount of your time exploiting a young child you have NO useful purpose, even if you spend the other hours of your day shopping, reading, etc.

people who do damage to the society are of no net benefit to the society.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
people who do damage to the society are of no net benefit to the society.
Anyone with any observable mental illness does some "damage to the society". But there are not typically calls for executing the mentally ill, except in this singular case.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:56 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Anyone with any observable mental illness does some "damage to the society". But there are not typically calls for executing the mentally ill, except in this singular case.
i certainly think the term "mentally ill" has been overworked in this country, and i think it all depends on what crime they commit.

i might suggest that ALL pedophiles are mentally ill, but that isn't an excuse for their behavior, nor an excuse for them to not receive punishment.

there is no normal desire to exploit and abuse children in this country.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Yes. Some of us do not find higher-level thought unfamiliar, do have concern for our fellow citizens, and would like to better understand why people do what they do. You are not obliged to do that and clearly don't want to, but if so you ought to quit pretending you have any insight to offer.
Very interesting.

The Nazis had some very smart people working on Genetics, and were 40 years ahead of the rest of the world. They believed that Aryans had a superior intellect and did some experiments on many 'lower' forms of Humans. They were also far ahead of the rest of the world in many other areas of Science.

They also were arrogant, and condescending to whom they viewed as inferior.

Just because some one thinks they are smarter does not mean they are smarter. You seem to have trouble with empathy, and morality, and maybe a conscience. I think there is a scientific term for that.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:

Bwahahaha....ok. Well, if you had quoted my whole post instead of cherry picking something you think you have a decent response to..the supposed problems you attempt to point out would not exist.
My summation lays it all out pretty well. Once again..." one need not understand the motives of a virus to know it cannot be allowed to spread. One need only understand how to kill it".
Why should time be wasted understanding an infections motives if it is well known it can be immediatly stopped with a simple method? Or eradicated and forgotten with the same simple method? At that point, what motivates a disease is irrelevant.
Good grief! I don't need to understand WHY a sexual predator does what it does to know it must be stopped and we don't need electron magnification to see the results if stopped it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies