Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM

15,058 posts, read 8,619,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Homosexuality is hardly restricted to America. It exists even in countries that legally and socially condemn it, like Iran. Obviously condemning it isn't enough to stop it. How do you explain that one?
Last time I checked, the larger portion of the world was pretty fouled up. But the rapid decline of America knows few parallels. We've quickly become as morally bankrupt as we now are financially .... and the homosexual agenda is just ONE aspect of this larger new age philosophy of moral relativism. And it is this well demonstrated embrace of moral relativism that gives birth to the idea of sympathetic understanding of pedophile child molesters.

This moral bankruptcy is a disease who's symptoms vary greatly ... from the support of endless wars .... to the legitimacy of torture .... from the looting of our economy ... to the enthusiastic support of abortion ... the sexualization of small children in elementary schools, to the defense of child molestation, along with many other deviant behaviors to which nothing seems too perverse for the left liberal sect to embrace with open arms.

You may believe these things are totally unrelated, but you'd be wrong. Every one of these things are made possible by first abandoning morality.
Obviously, if simply condemning it isn't enough ... then further measures may be called for. And I dare say that day isn't too far off either. People are getting sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 10:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Last time I checked, the larger portion of the world was pretty fouled up. But the rapid decline of America knows few parallels. We've quickly become as morally bankrupt as we now are financially .... and the homosexual agenda is just ONE aspect of this larger new age philosophy of moral relativism. And it is this well demonstrated embrace of moral relativism that gives birth to the idea of sympathetic understanding of pedophile child molesters.
I do not agree.

I'm not in favor of pedophilia and abuse of children is something I think we can all agree is wrong and horrible.

I support the civil rights struggles of the LGBT community, and I despise the homophobia and the hatred directed at this community.

To me there is no more of a "homosexual agenda" than there is a "Jewish Cabal" ... concepts that the haters and bigots have manufactured to somehow justify their loathsome prejudices.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Here we have someone who thinks highly of pedophiles
That's lie #1. You have no idea how highly or otherwise I think of them, aside from the fact that it's higher than I think of murderers and those who condone murder.

Quote:
.... scoffing at those who find them to be vile creatures.
That's lie #2. I save "scoffing" for murderers and those who condone murder.

Quote:
And I hold NO PRE-JUDICE .... It is POST-JUDGMENT based on actions and statements that are vile and show the lack of character and morality of the group you defend.
Since a pedophile is a pedophile whether they break any laws or not, it certainly is a prejudice.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Absolutely wrong. First, laws are "restrictive" by nature, and therefore do not "provide" anything. And, rights cannot be granted or denied by laws. If you have a "Right" to do something ... no one can deny you that right. Only privileges can be denied. This is why the founding fathers attributed fundamental inalienable rights as being endowed by one's "Creator", subject to no other authority.

Terrible (or perhaps very good) example. Freedom of travel would suggest that there should be no need to ask permission of the state (application for a divers permit) to operate a vehicle used for the purpose of travel.

And in fact, Texas is one state where there is no legal requirement for a person to have a diver license to operate a vehicle except when that pertains to "commercial" transport. Of course, very few actually know this, including law enforcement officers, so the non-requirement became a requirement under "color of law", and those choosing to exercise their right of travel without seeking such permission from the state are routinely harassed and prosecuted, though there are some who have endured the hassle and expense to fight this successfully. For most, it's simply too cost and time consuming, so they simply acquiesce.

Now, if EVERYONE got a clue, and truly understood the law, and chose to exercise their legitimate right to travel without seeking permission ... that would be a true stride forward for liberty. On the anti-liberty left, demands such as illegal aliens be provided the opportunity to receive valid driver licenses, for example, is just another example of steps moving in the opposite direction of liberty.

Although this is not an overly complex matter to understand, I have no doubt you are incapable of grasping it, because your entire mentality runs opposite. Nevertheless, I will define and explain the matter to you.

A privilege, such as the legal advantages offered married couples is itself inherently unfair ... as are the advantages offered those producing children. It's unfair to those who are not married, and to those who might be incapable of conceiving children ... if you're truly so hell bent on the universal application of fairness.

Furthermore, these advantages, like any other privilege or benefit comes with an inherent cost. And that requires that those costs to be paid for by taking from others by force (mandatory Taxation) and giving that which was taken to others in the form of those benefits and privileges. This, by definition is theft, and there is nothing inherently fair or legal regarding theft. And this is the foundational failure of leftist ideology across the board, which requires that wealth be taken from one person in taxation, and given to another in the form of special privilege or benefit.

The case of gay marriage covers the full gamut of the counterproductive measures that personify the left and all of it's plethora of "special interest groups" seeking advantage and privilege. Given the utter absence of anything remotely close to Constitutional authority to federally control who may marry and who may not, the examples you use above is a clear usurpation of State's (and people's) rights under the constitution, by an out-of-control federal government meddling in affairs it has no authority to involve itself. And this violation of people's rights comes from the mentality you embrace which demands the government involve itself illegally. That makes you and those of your ilk, anti-liberty, and an enemy to freedom and fairness.

So yes, your demands for gay marriage and the presumed benefits and privileges that come with it does indeed pose harm, not only to the rest of society, but to yourself too, by means of the damage to liberty that your agendas demand.

Your "philosophies" are so steeped in self interests, you're totally blind to the self destructive nature of that selfishness, as well as the threat you pose to liberty and freedom, including your own.

As has been said ... a government powerful enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have, away.

This is the basic nature of left wing ideology ... you're a danger to everyone, including yourself.
You said a mouthfull, yet it was full of nothing, you show absolutely no way that gays having the 1049 privileges granted to heterosexual couples would harm yours or any straight marriage, if anything you show what is wrong with denying us marriage. We pay into the tax system for programs that help families, yet gays and lesbians are denied access to those programs they pay for. You also say the rights/privileges are for those that procreate, but many if not more than half of heterosexual couples do not have kids, yet still get the 1049 rights. No where is there a requirement for married couples to have children to be granted the rights and privileges that go with marriage. You failed as will all the rest of the troglodytes wanting to grasp at the past and its biased laws.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Why are you howling about gays "rights"? This thread is about pedophiles and the deviant behavior that is now being pushed by the "feel gooders" for normalcy in society? Are you saying gay's have something to do with pedophiles? Your defending them as so? What spin are you trying to put on this whole thing? Do pedophiles deserve the "right" to marry their victims next? That appears to be your agenda.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:28 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
You divert ....

I really don't believe in homosexual couples raising children at all, if we're being totally honest.

It's just another of the many signs of a defunct America, in full free fall collapse.
I really don't believe in "bad" parents raising children, yet I see parents everyday as clients who have neglected or abused their children because they have become so caught up in their own self-focused conflict and drama. Heterosexual parents.

And let's not forget the topic of the thread and the fact that the vast majority of child molestors who have adult sexual attractions and relationships, are hetersosexual. You can ignore the research all you want. The facts are the facts.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
No ... that such a morally bankrupt response would be offered to this story of despicable deceit and betrayal is sadly consistent among your ilk. And it is exactly that attitude that illustrates why the judgment of the majority who find your group so twisted and distasteful, and lacking of morality have merit. The overall lack of respect for everything decent, while simultaneously embracing every deviation defines your group mentality, and why so many find it disgusting.

It's not a Pre-Judgment ... it's a Post-Judgment, and it's quite accurate.
No. I hear the "stories" of both sides of separated and divorced parents every day. They are always different. Your story sounded too one-sided and bitter to be factual.

All your arguments are from pure emotion, misrepresentation, incorrect assumptions and prejudice. Why would your story of your cousin be any different?

You also seem to need to lump all gay and lesbian people toghether as if they are all the same, and assign negative characteristics to them as a group. That is Prejudice.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
The very idea of making pedophillia acceptable is disgusting! That cannot be good for children. These people are sick freaks and need to be locked in a mental hospital. Along with all other pedophiles
No mental health organization is trying to make pedophilia acceptable.

It's pure fear-mongering hysteria.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:54 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:
Meet:

Here we have someone who thinks highly of pedophiles .... scoffing at those who find them to be vile creatures.

And I hold NO PRE-JUDICE .... It is POST-JUDGMENT based on actions and statements that are vile and show the lack of character and morality of the group you defend.
I don't think djacques is saying that pedophiles aren't morally defunct. But wanting to watch people murdered publicly is just as morally defunct.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:55 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:

This moral bankruptcy is a disease who's symptoms vary greatly ... from the support of endless wars .... to the legitimacy of torture .... from the looting of our economy ... to the enthusiastic support of abortion ... the sexualization of small children in elementary schools, to the defense of child molestation, along with many other deviant behaviors to which nothing seems too perverse for the left liberal sect to embrace with open arms.

You may believe these things are totally unrelated, but you'd be wrong. Every one of these things are made possible by first abandoning morality.
Obviously, if simply condemning it isn't enough ... then further measures may be called for. And I dare say that day isn't too far off either. People are getting sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Where did anyone defend child molestation? Please quote one post in this entire thread where anyone does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies