Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
So explain to me, why would the post be centered around the idea that people who use food stamps would riot if they weren't able to purchase grape soda? All three of the main ideas in the sentence have a stereotype that connects them, but I'm sure you already knew that. No, you're mainly replying to this because anytime the word "racist" is mentioned you take it as some sort of personal attack despite not being aimed at you which is far more ridiculous than what you're accusing my obvious conclusion of being.
why dont you just spit it out and stop with the word games. to chicken? yup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
why dont you just spit it out and stop with the word games. to chicken? yup

I spelled it out two posts ago.

In case you missed it:

"Am I REALLY going to have to explain to you that grape soda is a drink almost exclusively associated with black people, generally in a pejorative way?"

Except I know you didn't miss it because you quoted it.

In case you need it put in layman's terms:

black people were the obvious subject of the post.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I spelled it out two posts ago.

In case you missed it:

"Am I REALLY going to have to explain to you that grape soda is a drink almost exclusively associated with black people, generally in a pejorative way?"

Except I know you didn't miss it because you quoted it.

In case you want me to put in layman's terms:

black people were the obvious subject of the post.
ok starting to get some info out of you,so how is freaking grape soda exclusively associated to black people? are you for real or just trying to make fun of black people?

Even wikipedia is aware of the obvious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Grape soda (and to a lesser extent other fruit sodas) is often stereotypically associated with African-Americans, in a manner similar to watermelon and fried chicken.
Grape soda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:
So explain to me, why would the post be centered around the idea that people who use food stamps would riot if they weren't able to purchase grape soda? All three of the main ideas in the sentence have a stereotype that connects them, but I'm sure you already knew that. No, you're mainly replying to this because anytime the word "racist" is mentioned you take it as some sort of personal attack despite not being aimed at you which is far more ridiculous than what you're accusing my obvious conclusion of being.
What are you talking about? I'm saying it's ridiculous for you to make that assumption. I, for one, don't connect food stamps, grape soda and rioting with black people. That was you that did that.

It is funny, though, to see someone get this worked up b/c someone strung those three little phrases together.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What are you talking about? I'm saying it's ridiculous for you to make that assumption. I, for one, don't connect food stamps, grape soda and rioting with black people. That was you that did that.

It is funny, though, to see someone get this worked up b/c someone strung those three little phrases together.

Again, I did not say YOU did, I said the other poster did.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Those things are also stereotypical of people living in the south.

Why are you making a big deal of this? I like grape soda, too, and I love me some fried chicken. My husband loves his watermelon.

Guess what...we're WHITE.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:

where did you find that on stormfront? worship false gods much

Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Again, I did not say YOU did, I said the other poster did.
But YOU are the one who has taken this entire thread off topic. Also, I will stick up for people who are right. You, in this case, are wrong, so that is why I'm butting in. It was all in good fun, nothing to do with race at all, and yet here we are with the race card on the table, yet again, where it doesn't belong.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
What soda pop variety do white people drink? 7Up/Sprite?

Asians -- Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper?

Latinos -- Root Beer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies