Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 PM

321 posts, read 362,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I already knew that you were hispanic months ago. Again, what makes you think it was about you?

And no, I'm not letting this go because of how ridiculously obvious the intent of the comment is. You literally have to WANT to not get it to not get it, which does not surprise me remotely considering that all of you that came to this poster's defense are the ones who say that any of all accusations of racism are "playing the race card". Basically, "focus on the accuser, not the accused." Do you actually care whether or not the comment was racially motivated or not? You strike me as not caring.
The race card got played out in the Nineties Flavor

Like MSNBC says.....lean forward LOLZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
I already knew that you were hispanic months ago. Again, what makes you think it was about you?

And no, I'm not letting this go because of how ridiculously obvious the intent of the comment is. You literally have to WANT to not get it to not get it, which does not surprise me remotely considering that all of you that came to this poster's defense are the ones who say that any of all accusations of racism are "playing the race card". Basically, "focus on the accuser, not the accused." Do you actually care whether or not the comment was racially motivated or not? You strike me as not caring.
Welp, that's your problem then. The race card will continue to be called out by people who recognize it as such, deal with it.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 PM

16 posts, read 16,825 times
Th grape soda comment was racist

Like saying if tortillas were not part of the foodstamp program, children on welfare would die.

Like saying if mountain dew was banned there would be less demand for Oxycontin

Wait...

Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Welp, that's your problem then. The race card will continue to be called out by people who recognize it as such, deal with it.

Congratulations, you recognized that I accused the poster of making a racist comment which is exactly what I said in my first post. Got anything else to add to that? I was right, you don't care at all whether the accusation has any merit... you're too blinded by brainwashing that all claims of racism are trumped up to have ever seriously considered that option in the first place.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Congratulations, you recognized that I accused the poster of making a racist comment which is exactly what I said in my first post. Got anything else to add to that? I was right, you don't care at all whether the accusation has any merit... you're too blinded by brainwashing that all claims of racism are trumped up to have ever seriously considered that option in the first place.
Brainwashing, are you kidding me? I believe you have that backward. Just b/c someone mentions grape soda does not mean they are making a bad comment about black people, that is so utterly ridiculous.

And you need to go back and reread what I said, b/c you must have misunderstood. I said people will continue to call people like you out for playing the race card when there was no racism involved. Go back and see how many of us were laughing/calling you out that your assumption was even made to begin with. You don't have to believe me, the posts speak for themselves.

Now seriously, get off it b/c you're diverting the entire thread and ruining the conversation.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Brainwashing, are you kidding me? I believe you have that backward. Just b/c someone mentions grape soda does not mean they are making a bad comment about black people, that is so utterly ridiculous.

And you need to go back and reread what I said, b/c you must have misunderstood. I said people will continue to call people like you out for playing the race card when there was no racism involved. Go back and see how many of us were laughing/calling you out that your assumption was even made to begin with. You don't have to believe me, the posts speak for themselves.

Now seriously, get off it b/c you're diverting the entire thread and ruining the conversation.

Actually, two others on this thread have recognized that the comment was indeed racist... including myself, that brings the believes its racist vs. believes it not tally to about 3 vs. 5. Not exactly the lopsided argument you're making it out to be.

And the bolded is exactly my point... you refuse to entertain the idea that the comment might actually be racist because you've been brainwashed to believe that accusations of racism are leftist anti-white dogma (as if the ony people accused of racism are white) as opposed to genuine accusations coming from people who just might know a racist remark when they see one.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Peggy View Post
Th grape soda comment was racist

Like saying if tortillas were not part of the foodstamp program, children on welfare would die.

Like saying if mountain dew was banned there would be less demand for Oxycontin

Wait...
One persons opinion does not make a fact. Prove that it was racist or move on.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
One persons opinion does not make a fact. Prove that it was racist or move on.

Your opinion that it's not racist isn't a fact that it's not either. I've already made 3 pages worth of arguments for why the comment is likely racist... let's see your argument for why it's not. I won't hold my breath

Old 08-19-2011, 11:34 PM

My argument is simple. You are too sensitive. It is subjective whether or not the intent by the poster was for it to be racist. You will never be able to prove it so stop wasting your time on it.

Instead, spend some time engaging with people who don't link grape soda and racism

Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
My argument is simple. You are too sensitive. It is subjective whether or not the intent by the poster was for it to be racist. You will never be able to prove it so stop wasting your time on it.

Instead, spend some time engaging with people who don't link grape soda and racism

What an amazing argument. I got another simple one: You are too insensitive. You have no argument whatsoever, smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies