Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Re-read the OP. There will be NO business practice until a more favorable business climate is in place. That will not take place until Barack Obama is out of office. He's had 2+ years to prove his business acumen, and all he's done is decimate business confidence.
Excuses. Exactly what has Obama done to create unfavorable business climates? This excuse is nothing more than a scapegoat maneuver to cover his failing business due to poor business practices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 09:17 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
If Barack Obama was not the antithesis to business and job creation, then i'd gladly jump right in with my plans. The fact of the matter is that you don't want to admit that the man you voted for is a detriment to our business climate. This is not just my assessment...this is a widely regarded understanding in the small business world. Read up.
If you are the business man that you say that you are (and I have my doubts), you would know that it matters not who sits in the White House....unless you have your hand out for corporate welfare, then you will be unhappy with anyone other than an (R).

Old 08-20-2011, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
Blame your own party for this one!

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans on Thursday rejected a bill to aid small businesses with expanded loan programs and tax breaks, in a procedural blockade that underscored how fiercely determined the party’s leaders are to deny Democrats any further legislative accomplishments ahead of November’s midterm elections.
Small-Business Bill Falters on Senate Partisanship - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Republicans Filibuster Small Business Bill
http://washingtonindependent.com/930...-business-bill

Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The sad part is that people like the OP are so tied to the purse strings of the Republicans (like welfare recipients with their checks) that they can not fathom the possibility of succeeding without their own Republican financed corporate welfare.
Not at all.

The water well industry is fighting the EPA right now because they what us to handle out drilling mud as toxic fluids.

It is water and the dirt that came out of the hole with a little mud mixed to hold the hole open.

The rule would add about $800/$1000 per well.

I would be hauling it to a site 300 miles round trip.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Obama wants to bankrupt the coal industry.

SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY - YouTube

Electricity costs will skyrocket.

Is this what America Needs?

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube

Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Excuses. Exactly what has Obama done to create unfavorable business climates? This excuse is nothing more than a scapegoat maneuver to cover his failing business due to poor business practices.
Obamacare just for one.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Obama has done his share with all his class warfare saber rattling, threats to bankrupt entire industries, obvious pro-union/anti-business rhetoric, healthcare reform that puts the onus on business, and encouraging agencies to run amok with regulations (EPA,FDA etc.).

But as a business owner of 10 years, I'd say it's government at all levels that has been guilty of stifiling business creation.
The local govs are inhabited by some of the most small minded dolts you'll ever run into.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not at all.

The water well industry is fighting the EPA right now because they what us to handle out drilling mud as toxic fluids.

It is water and the dirt that came out of the hole with a little mud mixed to hold the hole open.

The rule would add about $800/$1000 per well.

I would be hauling it to a site 300 miles round trip.
Ohhhh, I see what the problem is now. You peddle in toxic sludge and you hate that your industry is being heavily regulated by the EPA, under President Obama, so that you can't continue to pollute the environment (polluting the soil, the water table, wetlands, etc)

Got it. Thank you for shedding light on the real reason for the Obama hatefest

Old 08-20-2011, 09:25 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.

What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation. This, of course, is not unique to me, as it as been stated quite clearly since Barack Obama took office that this Administration is a roadblock to business creation, and subsequently the jobs that accommodate business growth.

Here's why I am holding out:

1) I have no confidence in the economic policies of this Administration. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this point, as we all know the disaster that has evolved in the White House over the past 2.5 years. Any President who specifically states that he plans to bankrupt a private industry is not a supporter of business. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn.

2) Capital expenditures are too risky. Why should I purchase and/or expand facilities when the return on investment is far from calculable? Why should I purchase inventory and equipment when expectations for future sales and growth are far from certain?

3) If my competitors are liquidating, thats an indicator that revenues are down and profits are in jeopardy. I don't mind taking risks, but if the writing is on the wall, then I don't intentionally go and bang my head on that wall and expect to come away with a different outcome.

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
Get ready to see an increase in your electric bill, too.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obamacare just for one.
Wow, because healthcare that covers 95% of Americans (many of whom will eventually overtax the healthcare system with diabetes and heart disease due to sitting on their fat -sses and shoving Twinkies and tripledecker cheesburgers and chili fries into their mouths) is a bad thing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies