Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
To quote again from the WSJ, ”Employment in the state’s public sector has jumped 19% since 2000, compared with a 9% rise in the private sector.” In other words, the lion’s share of the job creation in the state has been government jobs.
Trying to State the Texas Jobs Issue as Simply as Possible

I think a lot of people are under the impression that Texas is a hotbed of private sector job growth. That's just not the case. Under Rick Perry, the Texas government has expanded considerably.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:45 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
I really wish you libs would get y'all stories straight.
One minute Texas has the highest unemployment rate in the history of mankind, the next minute we are rocking the job market.

Nice.
Obama would be proud.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I guess libs will be voting for Perry?

Old 08-20-2011, 02:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I think a lot of people are under the impression that Texas is a hotbed of private sector job growth. That's just not the case. Under Rick Perry, the Texas government has expanded considerably.
I'm by no means a fan of Perry. That said, given the love of all things government espoused by you and your fellow progressives I'd think you'd be thrilled to learn one of Obama's rivals is little different from Obama.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:

Can you liberals make up your mind? First we were told the jobs were due the commodity boom, then it was most of the jobs were minimum wage, now the jobs are government induced.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Can you liberals make up your mind? First we were told the jobs were due the commodity boom, then it was most of the jobs were minimum wage, now the jobs are government induced.
It is too bad that some of us look into the sources of information passed out by progs. Read the first part of the ABOUT Us that AUM's source has on its website. I was pretty sure that is what I would find and they aren't even trying to hide what they are.

"We’re an online journal of politics and foreign affairs analysis. For the most part, our views are Classical Liberal: a strong belief in free trade, limited government, and respect for human rights. We aim to have informed, polite conversation about the issues which we find interesting."

I don't know what classical liberal means to them but I know what it means to me.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:33 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
For what it's worth, my company is moving around 3000 positions from MA, NH, RI, and NY down to Texas. Texas seems to have quite a few advantages that make it attractive.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:

Those minimum wage private sector jobs are better than nothing. Perry has little to do with Texas being a right to work state and a big oil state.

Course he is getting people jobs by building the Nafta Highway/Trans Texas Corridor although he has to steal property owners land and use the peoples money to do it.

Ain't Rick "Bailout" Perry grand?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Those minimum wage private sector jobs are better than nothing. Perry has little to do with Texas being a right to work state and a big oil state.

Course he is getting people jobs by building the Nafta Highway/Trans Texas Corridor although he has to steal property owners land and use the peoples money to do it.

Ain't Rick "Bailout" Perry grand?
You're a bit behind on your current events. The TTC is no longer.
And that NAFTA highway is Fed oriented as part of NAFTA signed by Clinton.

Honestly..you try to pin NAFTA on Perry ?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
There are a couple of things Perry can not escape, most of his tenure he signed bills that ran up the debt. He also grew the state gvt, HMMMM, which {R} does this sound like?

Even though he is chirping about a balanced budget it is by sleight of hand that even {R} law makers are acknowledging :

Quote:
Even Republican state legislators acknowledge that the budget is riddled with IOUs and hidden shortfalls that will quickly come due. How is Texas likely to pay off its bills? First, by resorting to the $6.5 billion in the state’s Rainy Day Fund, effectively erasing the extra savings that Perry boasts his current budget contains. “The Rainy Day Fund is probably already spent with the Medicaid costs and public education,” acknowledges GOP state Rep. Phil King. “Effectively they’ve used it...They just aren’t going to fess up until January of 2013,” Bill Hammond, president of the Texas Association of Business, told the Texas Tribune.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rss=ezra-klein

If you are looking for a POTUS to grow the gvt, run yearly deficits, and use budget gimmicks then Perry is your man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies