Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Actually I wouldn't be cool with Billy making any statement that couldn't be proven. So exactly which statement of Rev. Wright was incorrect in this video?? ...which one??

Oh wait, I forgot, some white people are beyond reproach.

So let's say that a white minister took the podium and said:

80% of young Blacks now have criminal records

Blacks represent 38% of the U.S. prison population while they only represent 13% of the total U.S. population

70% of Black fathers abandon their children

Blacks have a High School dropout rate nearly double that of whites

How do you suppose that would go over? Which one of those statements is incorrect??...which one??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:36 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
GIGO.

Garbage in, garbage out.

We see the garbage in the White House which is a direct reflection of his years listening to the garbage on the pulpit.

Says the MSM....move along folks, nothing to see here!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBlue View Post
"all the flash mobs"? Really? Guess I've been under a rock but I've not noticed a great upturn in flash mobs committed to violence in the U.S.
look, an Obama voting Democrat

Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So let's say that a white minister took the podium and said:

80% of young Blacks now have criminal records

Blacks represent 38% of the U.S. prison population while they only represent 13% of the total U.S. population

70% of Black fathers abandon their children

Blacks have a High School dropout rate nearly double that of whites

How do you suppose that would go over? Which one of those statements is incorrect??...which one??
Yes but those facts are politically incorrect and racist. You are an evilwhitenaziraciss for even bringing them up! I'm suing the racist cracker whitey government to change those facts to reflect the diversity of the US population.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:09 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
This guy needs to be flash mobbed.
Have you seen where he lives?

"Youths" pulling a flash mob in that 'hood ain't gonna happen.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well, more blacks are in prison and most prisoners say they are innocent for the crimes they committed.
Another reason we should stop the war on drugs. It is enforced at a far greater rate against inner city minorities. The government has no business telling anyone what they can put into their bodies.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Another reason we should stop the war on drugs. It is enforced at a far greater rate against inner city minorities. The government has no business telling anyone what they can put into their bodies.
It's enforced at a far greater rate for inner city minorities???? Yeah a big BS on that. Have you thought about the fact that MOST inner city minorities are either using or dealing drugs? Nah, it couldn't be that more are doing it, it HAS to be racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think reverend wright DID enrich himself from the pulpit. his church may not be in a wealthy suburb, but HE is.

i find it hypocritical to try and work your community up (did you watch the video?) against white people for causing all the grief in the world, and then live in a gated white neighborhood. why not live and minister among your constituents that you allegedly serve? why be divisive from the pulpit anyhow? what purpose does that even serve? i would say SHAME on any minister that engaged in rhetoric like that, and i can tell you that i resent my tax dollars funding his propaganda forum.

i think it is great when churches collect congregation money and distribute the money for good works. i think it is different when churches collect TAXPAYER money to redistribute TAXPAYER wealth to projects they like. that is not the function of the church and a violation of the separation of church and state.

perhaps we should ALL get some of that taxpayer money to redistribute to causes that we like. i, for one, would certainly like to see an audit of where that money has gone.

if only we had journalists in the country.......
You think he enriched himself. Do you have any evidence that Rev. Wright was unusually compensated for a minister of a church the size of Trinity UCC? Again his compensation would have been known and voted on by the membership of the congregation. Until Rev. Wright retired he did live in the community where the church was located.

Yes I watched the video. I also watched a more complete clip from the source the reporter for the Blaze edited it from. A reporter that routinely does for Beck and the Blaze what Ed Schultz did to Rick Perry last week. At no point did Rev. Wright call all whites liars and insinuate that they were. Nor did he claim that "white people [are] causing all the grief in the world", as you just asserted.

Trinity UCC provided secular services in a secular manner for which government will provide subsidies. The government is not, nor have they subsidized their religious activities. When Trinity UCC runs those programs they have been and are subject to government review. This included an IRS review by the Bush administration during the 2008 election.

If you want government subsidies why don't you start your own programs to educate poor children in your neighborhood or provide housing for poor seniors. I would warn you that the government subsidies don't provide the complete cost of running such programs.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So you can prove that all whites are liars?
The only person saying all whites are liars is the reporter for the Blaze.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's enforced at a far greater rate for inner city minorities???? Yeah a big BS on that. Have you thought about the fact that MOST inner city minorities are either using or dealing drugs? Nah, it couldn't be that more are doing it, it HAS to be racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually studies have shown that whites and blacks have similar rates (per capita) of "using or dealing drugs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies