Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:23 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Remember this from 2008? Obama promises under him his cap and trade will bankrupt the coal industry. It's the same audio/video where he says electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket. If you don't like this audio, there's also video of him saying it in 2008 so you can see him speaking the words.

Barack Obama: I Will Bankrupt The Coal Industry!! - YouTube

Well he couldn't get his cap and trade bill through Congress so now he's going around them with guess who? The EPA and their regulations making good on his 2008 promise.

"Under new interpretations of old rules, the EPA will shortly be forcing the shutdown of about 20 percent of coal-generated electric capacity in the United States. Since coal generates about half the electricity demanded in the US, the country will have to find other, more expensive ways of making up about ten percent of electric capacity at a time that the administration wants electric to be the clean fuel of choice. In addition to the loss of generating capacity, the Commerce Department estimates that the new rules could kill up to 60,000 jobs, says Heritage, while an industry trade group says that the rules will cost $129 billion, according to the
Washington Post."

How Obama Spent His Summer Vacation- Day One: Kill Power Plants, Kill Jobs - Page 1 - John Ransom - Townhall Finance

So bye-bye to 60,000 jobs and hold onto your wallet because Obama is making good on his days before the 2008 election campaign promise that under him, electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket because the new industry costs are going to be passed down to you the consumer.

By the way, if you don't like my sources just Google "coal" on the Google News search engine. The Washington Post headline is "Getting Ready for a Wave of Coal Plant Shutdowns."

And you thought he wasn't working on his vacation.

I hope there are a lot of envirocrazies because he's going to need someone to vote for him in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
I'm sick of the Obama vacation threads. Taxpayers need to do better things to save their money like not maxing out on credit cards and buying Apple's newest white iThing. Life will be so much better

Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
The EPA is also about to issue stringent rules on farm dust and air pollution.
So farmers can't till their fields anymore ? Guess we'll all just stop eating.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 AM

34 posts, read 28,872 times
I'm sick of folks citing Heritage as an objective source of analyses.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBlue View Post
You've had 16 posts here, how exactly can you be sick of it?

Do you have anything to say the Heritage is wrong?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:44 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm sick of the Obama vacation threads. Taxpayers need to do better things to save their money like not maxing out on credit cards and buying Apple's newest white iThing. Life will be so much better
This is not so much of an "Obama vacation thread" as it is an "Obama finds another way to destroy or prevent jobs" thread.

This is a key distinction, since one is a mere distraction and the other documents the massive damage Obama is causing the economy.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:50 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The EPA is also about to issue stringent rules on farm dust and air pollution.
So farmers can't till their fields anymore ? Guess we'll all just stop eating.
The EPA knows that tilling and harvesting both cause a lot of dust. Maybe they figure since "no-till" has been such a big success, farmers can also go to "no harvest" methods.

I don't care if those bureaucrats don't want to eat, but I am a little concerned about the rest of us. We all thought Obama wanted to turn America in Europe, but maybe the real goal is North Korea, where they eat tree bark and grass.

The regulatory madness is doing more to wreck the economy and jobs than any other factor.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,324,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBlue View Post
Then pick your own sources to refute it. You're a little too new here to be sick of anything yet. And where does it state that a source must be objective? Who decides what is objective and what's not? YOU? LOL

Old 08-20-2011, 07:16 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
The EPA knows that tilling and harvesting both cause a lot of dust. Maybe they figure since "no-till" has been such a big success, farmers can also go to "no harvest" methods.

I don't care if those bureaucrats don't want to eat, but I am a little concerned about the rest of us. We all thought Obama wanted to turn America in Europe, but maybe the real goal is North Korea, where they eat tree bark and grass.

The regulatory madness is doing more to wreck the economy and jobs than any other factor.
On top of that is the fact that all this crap the EPA is pulling to go around Congress to implement BO's failed policy ideas is very UNCONSTITUTIONAL! What are we, the voting citizens, going to do about it?

I am promoting the closing down of EPA to start. It is a very foolish and destructive Agency. States can do a much better job, since different States have different areas that "might" need to be addressed, but the "one plan fits all" approach of the Federal Government's regulation is very destructive, to say nothing of a total waste of tax payers $'s.

Another Agency that should be abolished is the Department of Education. Again...that area should be left to the local jurisdiction in coordination with each state.

That's for starters from my perspective.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
On top of that is the fact that all this crap the EPA is pulling to go around Congress to implement BO's failed policy ideas is very UNCONSTITUTIONAL! What are we, the voting citizens, going to do about it?

I am promoting the closing down of EPA to start. It is a very foolish and destructive Agency. States can do a much better job, since different States have different areas that "might" need to be addressed, but the "one plan fits all" approach of the Federal Government's regulation is very destructive, to say nothing of a total waste of tax payers $'s.

Another Agency that should be abolished is the Department of Education. Again...that area should be left to the local jurisdiction in coordination with each state.

That's for starters from my perspective.
I'd like to see the next GOP debate address these issues:

1. The regulatory czar going around Congress
2. The abolishment of the EPA
3. What the GOP candidates plan to do about it if they become President.
4. Why is Obama killing jobs

I remind everyone at the same time he's fixing to raise your electricity rates, he's pushing electric cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies