Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry would trounce Barack Obama in the Presidential Election. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Just having the two stand beside each other on the stage will be enough of a visual for those on the fence to leap into Perry's court. The Pipsqueak From Chicago will look more like Steve Urkel than ever before standing next to the far more Presidential-looking Rick Perry.

This, of course, does not even take into account the 4 years of Failed Policy under this Administration, which will make it that much easier for the win.

Liberals should come to terms with the defeat of Barack Obama in 2012. It will happen, I have no doubt about it. And if it's Perry that gets the nomination, Barack Obama should just bow out of the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Wonder if Perry will bring back Texas style legislation to Capital Hill?

You know, where the House and Senate, work for 3 months and then it is time to do your day job.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
He CAN'T explain? Maybe he isn't qualified to be Secretary of Education. Because its very obvious. Its POLITICS. Why isn't he calling out Obama's Chicago, which performed worse? POLITICS! Disgusting...
Who in Obama's Cabinet is qualified?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:17 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
73% is good? I guess in a conservative state it is.
Given the sheer number of illegal aliens I'm surprised it's this high.

Last edited by doc1; 08-22-2011 at 07:25 AM..

Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
In the past campaign all they had to do is say it and it was believed no matter how outrageous it was.
This seems to be a flaw in both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Rick Perry would trounce Barack Obama in the Presidential Election. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Just having the two stand beside each other on the stage will be enough of a visual for those on the fence to leap into Perry's court. The Pipsqueak From Chicago will look more like Steve Urkel than ever before standing next to the far more Presidential-looking Rick Perry.

This, of course, does not even take into account the 4 years of Failed Policy under this Administration, which will make it that much easier for the win.

Liberals should come to terms with the defeat of Barack Obama in 2012. It will happen, I have no doubt about it. And if it's Perry that gets the nomination, Barack Obama should just bow out of the race.
I respectfully disagree with you, Aero. My vote is up for grabs right now, but I can tell you that Perry is too far to the right to capture the mainstream and independent vote. I do think Obama is in trouble in 2012, but the Republicans need to put someone up who is moderate enough to get that independent vote. And at this point, I don't care if the candidate looks like a purple alien from Mars as long as he or she can get the job done.

ETA: Oh, and on topic for the thread: Just because Texas has a higher grad rate than Illinois doesn't make it a model of education. A C is better than a D, but I still don't want the powers that be with the C running the country's education system.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
73% is good? I guess in a conservative state it is.
Better than blue state Illinois.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

I agree..and that's why the Left/MSM is in full tilt lying and smearing the guy.

His record in Texas will be a stark comparison with obama's failed policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies