Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Are you going to tell us what your point us? Why it matters if he said parent or parents
You are just going to play like a typical rabble rouser and avoid answering it by playing dumb.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You are just going to play like a typical rabble rouser and avoid answering it by playing dumb.
Your question has already been answered, he said parents. Now tell us what the point is. Or do you not have one

The statement was inclusive, therefore it doesn't matter if he said parent or parents

Old 08-22-2011, 09:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Your question has already been answered, he said parents. Now tell us what the point is. Or do you not have one

The statement was inclusive, therefore it doesn't matter if he said parent or parents
Yeah, in your mind, that's what it meant. Show me where he explained that in his statement.
The reality of it, is that he meant TWO parents as the use of the plural word PARENTS demonstrates. If he meant ONE parent, he would have said PARENT. It doesn't get any more basic than that.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:11 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Ok, so he said PARENTS. That means more than one right?
Of course... but your problem is that he also said "children," plural.

So while "parents" is certainly plural, it does not imply both parents for any individual child.

This is among the simple English rules that seems to escape Birthers.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
it would be easier to forensically determine the age, and authenticity, of a paper document rather than microfilm,.....
one point that you haven't addressed is the fact that the microfilm is available in multiple libraries. i'd recommend calling your local libraries and see if they carry it ( a university library or one with a genealogy center would be your best bet ).

Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Typical nonsense deflection. He said PARENTS. That means more than one. Obama doesn't fall under this definition.
Actually, as the child of a citizen parent, Obama absolutely falls under the definition of "children with citizen parents."

But that doesn't matter since, as we all know, Minor v. Happersett explicitly refused to define natural born citizen.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Some have tried. Remember Hillary's camp bringing it up in the first place?.
no, not about the "2parent" theory. phil berg, a hillary supporter but not part of her campaign, claimed that obama was born in kenya ( he later claimed that obama was an indonesian citizen ). he has never claimed that a person needs two citizen parents to be a NBC.

so my question stands, why do you believe no conservative, or other obama detractor, brought this up during the 2008 campaign?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Our politicians RARELY stand on merit and principle, ....
i'm not talking solely about politicians. my question includes ANYBODY with a knowledge of the US constitution.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Some have tried. Remember Hillary's camp bringing it up in the first place?
Of course I don't remember that, because it is not true.

The story was invented by right wing conservatives on the Freerepublic forum. The very first time the rumor ever saw the light of day was on Saturday, March 1, 2008, in a thread entitled “FR CONTEST: Pin the Middle Name on the Obama.” In that thread, posters were offering various 'funny' middle names for Barack Obama in lieu of “Hussein.” The first person to ever pose the rumor was a poster named “FARS” in this post.

Quote:
I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.
Four days later, on March 4, 2008, FARS’ rumor was picked up and elaborated by by right-wing conservative blogger “Alan Peters” on his blog “Ruthless Roundup.” The post read in part:

Quote:
Add to the family history shown in this article that Obama's mother was allegedly visiting Kenya with Obama's father in the final months of her pregnancy and was not allowed to board a flight in her late term to return home.She allegedly had Obama in Kenya and quickly boarded a flight to Hawaii. Airlines do not accept late term pregancies but do not refuse passage to a newborn, usually issuing a 10% or free fare ticket for the trip.Once in Hawaii, his mother registered him as being born in Hawaii.

Apart from his bloodline making him an Arab American NOT an African American, (his African blood only reaches less than 7% and insufficient to qualify for Federal standards of a minimum 12.5% as a given minority) he may not even be born in the USA, and unlike McCain without being on an American military base and with BOTH parents being Americans.
It was this "Alan Peters" who served as patient zero, and all the subsequent spreading of this baseless story trace back to him. It was not until about 5 months later that the PUMAs finally jumped on it.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
no, not about the "2parent" theory. phil berg, a hillary supporter but not part of her campaign, claimed that obama was born in kenya ( he later claimed that obama was an indonesian citizen ). he has never claimed that a person needs two citizen parents to be a NBC.
Berg is still not a "Vattelite," and does not believe that two citizen parents (or even one) are necessary to be a natural born citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies