Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 04:21 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No... it's not.

If you actually have a case, if you actually have evidence that you are correct, then you should have no trouble getting this into a court of law. Stop whining and do your job.

So... what's stopping you from getting this into a court? Other, of course, than the complete lack of evidence you have supporting a single one of your aberrant ideas?

And so is yours.

At least my purpose is honorable.

Tell us again...domiciled and permanent residence was not a part of the Wong Kim Ark decision. A reader may have missed it...

Perhaps it was a typo..

"Every citizen or subject of another country, while domiciled here, is within the allegiance and the protection, and consequently subject to the jurisdiction, of the United States." WKA

Gray discussing the 14th Amendment: "The Amendment, in clear words and in manifest intent, includes the children born, within the territory of the United States, of all other persons, of whatever race or color, DOMICILED within the United States."

"The evident intention, and the necessary effect, of the submission of this case to the decision of the court upon the facts agreed by the parties, were to present for determination the single question, stated at the beginning of this opinion, namely, whether a child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his birth a citizen of the United States. For the reasons above stated, this court is of opinion that the question must be answered in the affirmative."

Order affirmed.

"parents... at the time of his birth...have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States,"

Obama Sr. was a transient alien student. He was never a permanent resident. Obama Jr. does not meet the requirements of citizenship in the WKA decision.

The voting public needs to know this.

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 08-23-2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Preamble of the Constitution..."we give to our posterity"...this means our descendants...it does not mean the descendants of African citizens.

Obama's father was a transient alien student who had no intentions to remain in the US...heck it was recently discovered he was deported.
I wonder if you (or any other birther) would care if his father was of European descent rather than African descent. Things that make you go hmmm.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Tell us again...domiciled and permanent residence was not a part of the Wong Kim Ark decision.
Why would I tell you "again" something that I have never said in the first place.

Here, let me steer you away from the red herring you are chasing and redirect you again to the definition of natural born citizen provided by the Supreme Court in the case of Wong Kim Ark:

Quote:
It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established.
Note. It mentions domicile exactly nowhere.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I wonder if you (or any other birther) would care if his father was of European descent rather than African descent. Things that make you go hmmm.
My concerns are the Constitution.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
then why have you not sought out a respected constitutional attorney to champion your cause?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Why would I tell you "again" something that I have never said in the first place.

Here, let me steer you away from the red herring you are chasing and redirect you again to the definition of natural born citizen provided by the Supreme Court in the case of Wong Kim Ark:

Note. It mentions domicile exactly nowhere.
Your posted reference mentions natural born Citizen exactly nowhere.

WKA was affirmed a citizen because at the time of his birth his parents were permanent residents and domiciled in the US.

WKA was never affirmed a natural born Citizen. Never. Not once. Wong Kim Ark was not about natural born citizenship.

To claim he was is misleading.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Your posted reference mentions natural born Citizen exactly nowhere.
Oh... I forgot about your convenient memory problem. Sorry. Here for at least the twentieth time... also from the Wong Kim Ark decision:

Quote:
Subject and citizen are, in a degree, convertible terms as applied to natives, and though the term citizen seems to be appropriate to republican freemen, yet we are, equally with the inhabitants of all other countries, subjects, for we are equally bound by allegiance and subjection to the government and law of the land.
So now... what exactly about this definition of natural born citizen do you not understand?

Quote:
It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
No... it's not.

If you actually have a case, if you actually have evidence that you are correct, then you should have no trouble getting this into a court of law. Stop whining and do your job.

So... what's stopping you from getting this into a court? Other, of course, than the complete lack of evidence you have supporting a single one of your aberrant ideas?

And so is yours.

At least my purpose is honorable.

OP shld print off a petition to file in court since he is so passionate on this issue. Go to legalzoom.com OP and get 'er done..

let us know when they cover your winning case on CNN

Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if you're trying to convince me or yourself. Either way, he legally holds the office of POTUS. You can kick and scream all you want but nobody that can de-legitimize his presidency has done so. That ought to tell you something.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I'm not sure if you're trying to convince me or yourself. Either way, he legally holds the office of POTUS. You can kick and scream all you want but nobody that can de-legitimize his presidency has done so. That ought to tell you something.
Obama Sr. was never a resident alien. He was here on a student visa only. He does not meet the same standards as Wong Kim Ark's parents. This being a permanent resident...domiciled here..this makes Obama Jr. is a fraudulent President.

Millions of real Americans are finally beginning to understand there is an usurper occupying the White House.

Obama is not and never will be a natural born Citizen no matter how much the Obama supporters attempt to spin it.

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 08-24-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies