Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that blacks in America are getting special rights and privileges?
Yes 67 59.82%
No 41 36.61%
Not sure 4 3.57%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times

Advertisements

I don't know about "blacks" in general, but I can tell you this: If any white person with Obama's resume would have ran for President, he or she wouldn't have sniffed 5% in the Democrat primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 10:22 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Well, I guess it all depends on the definition of "special rights and previledge" If it means that you have almost twice the unempolyment rate of white Americans? If it means that you generally get a much harsher sentence for the same crime as a white defendent does? If it means that your people have sufferend inequality and discrimination in all spheres for over 200 years and it's just now getting a little better then I guess you could say yes, they get SPECIAL attention but it's the kind of attention I could sure do without.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
No I do not agree and I believe that anyone who agrees with this believes that whites should be entitled to special privileges. What's the saying about being free, White and 21? There are a whole lot of White people upset about having a black president. They see this as the loss of white privelege. It isn't that blacks are getting special priveleges, it is more about the fear of blacks and other minorities having the same priveleges or power that whites do.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If I were Obama, I'd be praying for a good war about now. It would make him a shoe-in "War President" and help build up the economy the way that WW2 saved us from the Depression. I don't know that Obama is all that, but he was the best option that we had for the country at the time. I don't think that any of the other candidates would have done any better.
We already have 2+ wars too many and you're rooting for another? Obama is, imo, a really smart guy. Definitely too intellectual for this country tho...what he needs is more political smarts and a spine.
I don't believe blacks are getting any special rights.
I do think people who tend to be racist are feeling a little easier about stating their beliefs these days.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
We already have 2+ wars too many and you're rooting for another? Obama is, imo, a really smart guy. Definitely too intellectual for this country tho...what he needs is more political smarts and a spine.
I don't believe blacks are getting any special rights.
I do think people who tend to be racist are feeling a little easier about stating their beliefs these days.

I'm not rooting for a war. But look at the history of this country's sneaky ways of getting into war. Remember the Maine, Gulf of Tonkin, Pearl Harbor, 9-11 all have conspiracy theories whereby those in power either knew about the planning or directed involvement in those wars through suspicious means. Maybe, just maybe a POTUS (any POTUS) has this as part of his poker hand. The economy would boom and the military industrial complex would be satisfied.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
See here, it was Bush that got us into 2 unending wars, an unfunded Medicare Part D, Wall St fiasco, mortgage mess. It's going to take longer than 3 years to fix all of that. It's what happens when ppl elect a retard.

Why are those wars unending?

The Wall St. fiasco is because Clinton repealed Glass-Steigal and left derivatives unregulated on the advice of Summers and Rubin. When Democrats decide to end Medicare part D, they'll get no argument from conservatives.

Since the Democrats have tried everything in their bag of Keynesian tricks and it has all failed miserably just the way conservatives said it would, what will you do next. Obama seems content to blame Bush and fly around the world on Air Force One until he gets tossed out.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
No

Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I voted no.

Obama, Pelosi, et al know that blacks are outnumbered by the hispanics and the corporations want dirt cheap labor so the issues blacks may have are not a priority.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He said that Obama got a "tremendous benefit" from social programs for blacks, and that Obama's goal is to "create dependency" because "it worked so well for him".

Coburn: Obama's "Intent Is To Create Dependency Because It Worked So Well For Him" | RealClearPolitics
It's called Affirmative Action.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's called Affirmative Action.
Bingo! And a whole lot more... Most blacks still can't make it workout for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies