Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 10:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
wait, so a cop lets someone go that they could have arrested without issue, and you have a problem with that? i suppose that you would have had a problem with the cop if they arrested the ladies as well. hypocrite.

just because i dont have issues with cops, doesnt mean i let them run all over me. it seems to me that you are the one with the issues with authority, not me.
The woman was obviously out of control. Like I said he was probably looking to get lucky if he played nice. Maybe next time.

Let them run all over you? So you would have let the cops just force their way into your home for no reason? Yeah you probably would. From your post you've had many more run in's with the cops than anybody I know. Maybe you should start following the law instead of your handshakes and sir yes sir. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Let them run all over you? So you would have let the cops just force their way into your home for no reason? Yeah you probably would. From your post you've had many more run in's with the cops than anybody I know. Maybe you should start following the law instead of your handshakes and sir yes sir. lol
considering that i have been driving since 1976, and i have gotten few tickets over that period of time, i have done pretty well. as for following the law, i generally do. and when the LEOs check my driving record, they find no dings on it.

as i said, treat them right and they will generally treat you right. however i doubt that you will ever learn that lesson.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 PM

Treat them right? By letting them enter your home with no warrant? That's treating THEM right? No it's their job to treat US right. We pay their salaries. We have rights. Not everybody has signed them over to law enforcement like apparently you have.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
No I suggest you read the thread before chiming in..
My comment was really for the OP, but ...

What is there to read, a bunch of people that have been caught on the wrong side of the law bi*ching about the police.

Again, not all cops are "good" nor are they all "bad".

Generally speaking, you don't break the law you never have any contact with the police.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Treat them right? By letting them enter your home with no warrant? That's treating THEM right? No it's their job to treat US right. We pay their salaries. We have rights. Not everybody has signed them over to law enforcement like apparently you have.
again you are trying to put words in my mouth, just where did i suggest letting them do what they want? i did say that there is a time and a place for everything. if you dont want a cop to enter your house without a warrant, then tell them so. if you get arrested for it, then SUE THE DEPARTMENT for false arrest, violation of your fourth amendment rights, etc. you can always find a good lawyer that will work for you for a cut of the settlement without you having to put up any money up front.

all i am saying, which you will never seem to understand, is treat them with the respect you want them to treat YOU with, and you will get along nicely with most LEOs.

as i have said there are bad cops, but they are few. the large majority of LEOs are doing their jobs, and you excoriate them for it. its no wonder you have issues with LEOs.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:10 AM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
Google Eric Wells Indianapolis

I am quite certain the "thin blue line" exists. And "NO"! I dont need a cop to protect me, Ive never had to call one in my 50 years on the planet.

Eric Wells IMPD Crash: Mother of crash victim sends letter to Mayor Ballard - fox59.com

Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 AM

629 posts, read 771,729 times

Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
LOL. So now its my fault for not "treating them with respect" in your eyes because I don't agree with you. I guess respect is earned. When they try and barge into your house and you've done nothing see how much you'll respect em.

If you "have contact" with LEO's all over the nation you must be speeding all over the nation or something wrong because a cop would never even bother you if you were obeying the law in your view it appears.
What are you talking about? "Try" and barge into your house? They either knock on the door, get their answers, then go away. Or they barge in.

Your motivation for this hatefilled rant is becoming obvious. I'm thinking you wanted to continiue on with your illegal ways, and the cops won't let you. Did I guess right?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
I was simply interjecting an experience I had with the po po. AFter all isn't this the topic of the thread? One of my best golfing buddies is a county sherriff. Whenever I start giving him sheet about cops pulling their crap all he does and laughs and shakes his head. Thats about all they can do. You go along with some of the nonsense or find another job. More of that reality you can't seem to grasp.
Maybe he's laughing and shaking his head because he's thinking, "I can't believe I golf with such a complete ditz."

Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
My comment was really for the OP, but ...

What is there to read, a bunch of people that have been caught on the wrong side of the law bi*ching about the police.

Again, not all cops are "good" nor are they all "bad".

Generally speaking, you don't break the law you never have any contact with the police.
So you still didn't read the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies