Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,536,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Christ, I don't even feel like debating this issue.

Just tax the freaking rich and be done with it. I wish Obama and the liberals would just grow a pair and say, look, we're going to tax the rich, and if the right wing kooks want to shut down the government and deny millions of people unemployment to save tax cuts for the likes of billionaires, so be it.

It's time to stat calling bluffs, and it's time for the liberals to stop worrying about the political consequences. I'm sure that at first Obama might get blamed, but he needs to grow a sack or I'm not voting for his sorry ass next year. It's as simple as that.

The real problem is that the WH and the Dems can't seem to get their message out. Whatever happened to attack ads and 527 organizations? Saving that for next year? It'll be too late then. Just smear the bastards now.
the "debt ceiling" theatrics and manipulation from Congress has disgusted alot of swing voters and Indeps....they are at 17% approval rate and on vacation now. wtf....??? anyone else would get fired.

The more garbage they push onto us before election time...the more it alienates the intelligent voter...at this point I am voting Ron Paul or not at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,268,651 times
Mircea, good post, but I disagree that it was the tarriffs on imports part. (perfect example of my position is the actions taken by Alexander Hamilton and the success tarriiffs had to help build our economy). It was the tax increases and forced instead of optional income taxes that certainly pushed the depression into being, along with the immediate actions of fdr when he became President, unfornately for the Nation, and all the people his admin. robbed when the banks were needlessly shut down.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 AM

954 posts, read 1,277,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, it was, which is why Kennedy reduced the tax rate to 70% and federal revenues suddenly increased.
That's strange, everyone else seems to call it the golden age of capitalism.

But hell, the people saying that are economists and historians, I should probably ignore them, and take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because it is unfair

why would you want to DISCRIMINATE and tax ONLY the top 10%???

if we are TRUELY a UNITED states of 320 million CITIZENS , then dont you think EVERYONE should contibute EVENLY and EQUALLY (as far as a rate)

taxing INCOME is just stupid since a majority of income is NEVER REPORTED....tax spending
Working class hero, eh? That's ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies