Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sunstein falls on the conservative side of regulation and is viewed by liberals as a de-regulator, which is actually what he is doing. I happen to agree with what he's trying to accomplish.

Also, all this job talk of "job killing" is a little silly considering last the month economy added a net gain of 117,000 jobs.
117K jobs? Wow. We should be out of this recession in what 30 years if this keeps up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then you tell me where they are saving this 2.5 BILLION dollars? That's how much the debt ceiling was raised. Why didn't they just do this and the whole fiasco and credit rating dropped would have been avoided right? Or is our hero lying yet again. I think so.
The debt ceiling was raised $2.4 TRILLION.

The fail, with you it never stops.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
117K jobs? Wow. We should be out of this recession in what 30 years if this keeps up?
Obama took office when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month. We just added 117,000 jobs last month. As a Republican, if I were you I wouldn't want to bring up the economy.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Obama took office when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month. We just added 117,000 jobs last month. As a Republican, if I were you I wouldn't want to bring up the economy.
If you were me I'd kill myself.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
If you were me I'd kill myself.
Oh snap.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
Ten billion over five years is nothing short of pathetic; if it's five hundred billion or more, then perhaps somebody might be impressed.

Tryuing to eliminate secret ballots in order to make it easier for unions to expand thei ranks is also pathetic, as is his war against WalMart, big business in general, and too many other entities to count.

The ongoing NLRB vs. Boeing episode proves conclusively that he's just not serious.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
See, that's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals understand that both sides want to improve the country, we just disagree on what approach to take. Conservatives think liberals are trying to destroy the country.
Not bad, you have the Carville/Axlerod playbook down pat.

But not all conservatives think liberals are trying to destroy the country, though that's becoming a harder sell with my more conservative colleagues when we watch what the most liberal president in modern history is doing to the economy of this country.

Most conservatives think academic liberals with no business or executive experience have no idea how to run the country or the economy. Especially libs who think business is the enemy. Every liberal nostrum this president has tried has only gotten us deeper in debt, while more people lose their homes and the unemployment rate keeps hovering between 9%-10%.

You can blame it on Bush all you want. You can call the Tea Party terrorists. You can blame the GOP for any ill your heart desires.

The fact remains, this president has been a dismal failure, and the electorate will have to decide if the country can afford four more years of BHO.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Obama and his team cutting the red tape.
Really?

Coal-fired power plant to be shut down by Duke Energy unit - Power Engineering

"Duke Energy Ohio announced its plan to retire units 1 through 6 in its 2011 Resource Plan filed with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) on July 15. The utility said its decision is largely based on the plant’s age and what it called the “prohibitive” cost of implementing the new emissions control technology at the plant."

AEP to shut 5 coal-fired plants, citing EPA rules

"The cumulative impacts of the EPA's current regulatory path have been vastly underestimated, particularly in Midwest states dependent on coal to fuel their economies," AEP chairman and CEO Michael Morris said in a*news release. "Because of the unrealistic compliance timelines in the EPA proposals, we will have to prematurely shut down nearly 25 percent of our current coal-fueled generating capacity, cut hundreds of good power-plant jobs, and invest billions of dollars in capital to retire, retrofit and replace coal-fueled power plants. The sudden increase in electricity rates and impacts on state economies will be significant at a time when people and states are still struggling." (Read more)

Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Lol, somehow I don't think Obama will run on the economy........

Old 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Obama and his team cutting the red tape.
Gawdamighty, they are going to save a whole $2 billion a year. They will spend more than that drawing up all the regulations involving Obamacare so we are still in the hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies