Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,188,547 times

Advertisements

Libya declares “liberation” as Gaddafi remains unburied

Libya TV | News and Opinions about the Liberation of Libya

Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

Libya Our Home ليبيا وطننا :

Libya Our Home : News and Views

Old 10-24-2011, 01:57 PM

Free TV from Libya

Free TV from Libya - LyngSat

Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Gadhafi Legacy a Lasting Burden for Libya

Quote:
Few dictators have ruled a country as long and as thoroughly as Moammar Gadhafi. With his death last week, he leaves behind a country without functioning institutions and a traumatized people. Even dead, he will remain a burden to Libya for some time to come
The Despot's Demise: Gadhafi Legacy a Lasting Burden for Libya - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Old 10-24-2011, 02:34 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Propaghanda

Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 PM

Muammar Gaddafi still on show, rotting as wrangling goes on

Quote:
MISRATA, LIBYA: Libyans filed past Muammar Gaddafi's decomposing body for a fourth day on Monday, to see for themselves that the dictator was dead, while talks dragged on among emerging local factions over disposing of the corpse.

Fighters guarding the darkening body and those of Gaddafi's son Mo'tassim and his former army chief had placed plastic sheeting under them as fluids leaked into the market cold store in Misrata where they had been taken after their capture and killing near Gaddafi's home town of Sirte on Thursday.

With the door constantly opening to allow a procession of onlookers, in a grim parody of the lying in state typically accorded to deceased leaders, the refrigeration unit was failing to prevent a rapid decomposition and guards handed out surgical face masks to visitors to shield them from the stench.

Muammar Gaddafi still on show, rotting as wrangling goes on - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Muammar-Gaddafi-still-on-show-rotting-as-wrangling-goes-on/articleshow/10477037.cms - broken link)

Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Hope and anxiety go hand in hand in Tripoli

Quote:
With the war over and the official announcement of Libya's liberation, the country is looking ahead, albeit with a shade of uncertainty. For the people on the streets all that matters is that Gadhafi's rule is over.
Hope and anxiety go hand in hand in Tripoli | World | Deutsche Welle | 24.10.2011

Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
The document, translated into English, states:
Quote:
"This is my will. I, Muammar bin Mohammad bin Abdussalam bi Humayd bin Abu Manyar bin Humayd bin Nayil al Fuhsi Gaddafi, do swear that there is no other God but Allah and that Mohammad is God's Prophet, peace be upon him.
I pledge that I will die as Muslim. Should I be killed, I would like to be buried, according to Muslim rituals, in the clothes I was wearing at the time of my death and my body unwashed, in the cemetery of Sirte, next to my family and relatives.
I would like that my family, especially women and children, be treated well after my death. The Libyan people should protect its identity, achievements, history and the honourable image of its ancestors and heroes.
The Libyan people should not relinquish the sacrifices of the free and best people. I call on my supporters to continue the resistance, and fight any foreign aggressor against Libya, today, tomorrow and always.
Let the free people of the world know that we could have bargained over and sold out our cause in return for a personal secure and stable life. We received many offers to this effect but we chose to be at the vanguard of the confrontation as a badge of duty and honour.
Even if we do not win immediately, we will give a lesson to future generations that choosing to protect the nation is an honour and selling it out is the greatest betrayal that history will remember forever despite the attempts of the others to tell you otherwise."
according to the UK guardian, not that I trust them to tell the truth, but it sounds legit.
Gaddafi will requests Sirte burial as Libya declares liberation | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 10-24-2011, 03:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Sadaam had 12 doubles, Gaddafi had some too.
read the entire article
Mixed Messages on Gaddafi | War Is A Crime .org

Neither will committed activists for peace, equity and justice. Quitting isn't an option. Struggle will continue against monstrous US imperialism and unindicted war criminals like Hillary Clinton laughing about Gaddafi's reported assassination saying, "We came, we saw, he died."

Sirte's genocidal slaughter may energize greater resistance. Counterpsyops.com said streets filled with "martyred civilians" and mass destruction defy description.

Mass graves can't suppress a crime too great to conceal. Depleted uranium, thermobaric fuel-air bombs, white phosphorous (able to burn flesh to the bone), and other terror weapons were used to commit mass slaughter.

Throughout the conflict, rebel rats committed gruesome atrocities against suspected Gaddafi loyalists, including summary executions, lynchings, beheadings, and desecration of corpses. Led by US, UK, French and other NATO Special Forces, they also had license to loot and took full advantage.

Jamahiriya loyalists won't forgive or forget. Neither will global millions raging against America's imperial monster.

After Gaddafi's reported assassination, Jamahiriya supportive web sites were hacked, including Algeria-ISP. Controlling the message is why, whether or not Gaddafi's alive or dead. It hardly matters if public opinion believes what, in fact, may be a lie.

Leaders at times have doubles. Saddam reportedly had 12. To this day, it's not clear if he or a double was executed. Gaddafi also had them. Was one of them killed, not him?

These and other questions are unanswered. Reliable independent confirmation one way or other will have final say unless a very live Gaddafi shows up and states it.
A Final Comment

Under Gaddafi, Libyans had Africa's highest standard of living because oil wealth created economic growth and provided generous social benefits.

Under his Decision No. 111, everyone got free healthcare, education, training, rehabilitation, housing assistance, disability and old-age benefits, interest-free loans from Libya's public bank, subsidies to study abroad, free electricity and water, generous stipends for newlyweds, and practically free gasoline.

All of it's now gone, replaced by impoverishment, destitution, depravation, homelessness, hunger, disease, fear, insecurity, and despair.

Gaddafi's Libya no longer exists. Jamahiriya loyalists want it back. They won't quit until they get it.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
How's Gaddafi doing with that prevailing thing today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.