Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If information contradicts other information, you search for which is truth and which is fiction. There may be a little bit of both in each source. You have to use your common sense in combination with gathering 'facts' from several sources, to discern what you believe to be true. You also should consider the source, and what motive they may have to bend or obscure the truth. No one source will be consistently without some bias, but some are closer to the truth than others. Use your own judgment.
I actually 100% agree with this post.

Now go over to alexjones and come back and tell me what products they are trying to sell you. Remember, people claim THAT site is the one true source of information and not info for the sheeple....they have no agenda, their information is true whether it's about the nuclear bomb test under washington recently (buy our radiation kits NOW!) or the nuclear meltdown in nebraska (buy our MRE's now!) or the imment meltdown of society (buy gold and silver from us NOW!).

Remember, "consdier the source, and what motive they may have...."

Honestly, come back and tell us what they are being PAID to sell the people that come to their site. This should be pretty interesting.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now go over to alexjones and come back and tell me what products they are trying to sell you. Remember, people claim THAT site is the one true source of information and not info for the sheeple....they have no agenda, their information is true whether it's about the nuclear bomb test under washington recently (buy our radiation kits NOW!) or the nuclear meltdown in nebraska (buy our MRE's now!) or the imment meltdown of society (buy gold and silver from us NOW!).

Honestly, come back and tell us what they are being PAID to sell the people that come to their site. This should be pretty interesting.
That's a valid point but it leads nowhere... all the products advertised coincide with the issues he reports on his show... That doesn't mean it isn't true... You'll need a lot more to try to discredit Alex Jones...

Old 09-09-2011, 12:42 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It actually makes the most sense. I don't buy into the Rothschild's thing but the elite such as the IMF etc. do not want an African monetary system. Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:

Sounds like you pay more attention to the ads than I do. He's gotta bring in money somehow - doesn't everybody sell advertising space? If they are selective about it, that's a plus. I noticed Whoopie running an ad on Fox for her charity, even tho she loathes Fox. The only thing that disturbs me about ads, is if they treat us like we're stupid, and if they use children to sell their service. Alex Jones is more interesting and probably more credible than the main stream garbage. View it all with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Individuals are the greedy ones.

Like, they put corporations to shame.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It actually makes the most sense. I don't buy into the Rothschild's thing but the elite such as the IMF etc. do not want an African monetary system. Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs
Look and see who created the IMF...

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Sounds like you pay more attention to the ads than I do. He's gotta bring in money somehow - doesn't everybody sell advertising space? If they are selective about it, that's a plus. I noticed Whoopie running an ad on Fox for her charity, even tho she loathes Fox. The only thing that disturbs me about ads, is if they treat us like we're stupid, and if they use children to sell their service. Alex Jones is more interesting and probably more credible than the main stream garbage. View it all with a healthy dose of skepticism.
That's not what we are being told in these threads though. And to be fair you've fallen right into lockstep with all the claims.

I just find it funny that people give him a pass for being unbiased and credible when many of his HIGHLY speculative articles (which i mentioned) seem to tie in nicely with the products being hawked on his website.

I'm not talking about his vague claims, I'm talking about some of the outlandish completely disproven claims like the nuclears blast, nuclear meltdown etc etc. which quite frankly are fearmongering for profit IMO.

Please, go over there and let me know what he is selling today.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
That's a valid point but it leads nowhere... all the products advertised coincide with the issues he reports on his show... That doesn't mean it isn't true... You'll need a lot more to try to discredit Alex Jones...
Ah, so his repeated claims of nuclear disaster, explosions etc. which all turned up false and the fact that he shills disaster kits, radiation related products etc. have NOTHING to do with each other.

That dude is laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
FANTASTIC ARTICLE!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Ah, so his repeated claims of nuclear disaster, explosions etc. which all turned up false and the fact that he shills disaster kits, radiation related products etc. have NOTHING to do with each other.

That dude is laughing all the way to the bank.
What nuclear disaster?... You mean Ft. Calhoun, Nebraska?... That report was about a fly-zone in the aftermath of Fukushima... Are you saying Fukushima didn't happen?...

I guess not having as much money as Alex Jones seems is a burning issue for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies