Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why are Obama's ratings in the toilet?
Republicans have sabotoged him at every turn 21 16.54%
George Bush 10 7.87%
Obama can't walk on water 23 18.11%
Democrats have brought the country to the brink of collapse 45 35.43%
He's the worst President we've ever had 69 54.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am not going to defend President Obama. However, anyone who does not realize the it was GW Bush and Cheney who got us into this mess must have been asleep during his presidency. Secondly the republicans have made it very clear through their actions that they represent big business and the wealthy and not the common man. Under Bush jobs left this country by the boat load while he lined the pockets of he richest people in the country. The most significant factor is that there has not been one job created by the so-called trickle down economics. Putting money in the hands of the rich only results in larger revenues in swiss banks or the purchase of a seventh summer home in Naples.
I am disappointed in President Obama too but mainly because he did not stand up to the republicans being driven by 18% of the voters called the tea party. He had some good ideas but failed to carry them through even when he had control.
The worst president without a doubt was GW BUSH. A man who called himself a born-again christian who spoke with God and then murdered one million Iraqis, 5000 Americans, and injuring thousands more. He involved us in two wars where we have lost trillions of dollars and companies like Halliburton made billions. At the same time he lowered tax to a record level for the rich.
President Obama may not be the best but he is a whole lot better than anything the republicans have to offer.
MSM brainwashing in action right here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
His ratings are far better than those of any REPUBLICAN President who is dealing with POST-BUSH realities and the most pathetic representation of regressive obstructionists since Jim Crow.

And, other than your widely known political bias, what proof do you have for this type of statement? You don't have a Republican dealing with these "realities", you have a Democrat who is failing miserably. No way to know how another would actually deal, since all we have is the liar in chief.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Bush screwed this country up big time. Its going to take more than 4 years to get this country back to the way it was before Bush took office.
Right out of the 0bama playbood. Blame Bush for everything. If that doesn't work, find someone else to blame.

0bama should just man up, admit mistakes, and take visible non-partisian steps to correct the situation. Instead, we have had four years of campaigning for relection.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I think Americans are becoming infuriated with the lack of real debate and negotiation---and they are not solely blaming Obama.

Dont count the chickens-------theres still a lot of time for real incompetence by both parties to come into play--------there real question is who will make a bigger fool of themselves in the upcoming months---stay tuned.

Totally agree with this. I feel the ultra-polarization from both sides of the political realm is something that most Americans are sick of seeing and hearing and reading about, which is why both the president and Congress have low approval ratings. It sickens me too and if I had to give an approval, yea or nay, for Congress or the president, I would give everyone a disaproval. Because it is ridiculous how inept they are behaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
We are still at war, this was the main reason he was elected, to end the war.
I also agree with this. I was one of those who wanted out of the war and voted for him especially for this reason, needless to say I am disappointed. I feel we should have been completely out of Iraq by now and should be completely out of Afghanistan by the end of 2011. This is my biggest disappointment in the president and even though I am not a democrat, I feel this is one of the biggest disappointments for the left and is a major factor in liberals have an unfavorable opinion on him.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:30 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Bush screwed this country up big time. Its going to take more than 4 years to get this country back to the way it was before Bush took office.

Thats always the reason, need another 4 years.....please...where have we heard this already. it seems every president has a freaking mess to clean up, Than the next idiot we have will have to clean up Obamas mess.,...2011, and we still cant get it right.

get the damn troops out already....

Old 08-25-2011, 06:25 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Boy does it ever, and especially for this overwhelmed rookie.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I think the final blow was when he started Hurricane Irene to stimulate the economy. Everybody on the east coast ran out and bought milk, bread, toilet paper, wood to board up their windows and gasoline to get out of town. He expects a bump in the economic outlook numbers next week.

There is no truth to the rumor that he's planning a plague to stimulate the economy on the west coast.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am not going to defend President Obama. However, anyone who does not realize the it was GW Bush and Cheney who got us into this mess must have been asleep during his presidency. Secondly the republicans have made it very clear through their actions that they represent big business and the wealthy and not the common man. Under Bush jobs left this country by the boat load while he lined the pockets of he richest people in the country. The most significant factor is that there has not been one job created by the so-called trickle down economics. Putting money in the hands of the rich only results in larger revenues in swiss banks or the purchase of a seventh summer home in Naples.
I am disappointed in President Obama too but mainly because he did not stand up to the republicans being driven by 18% of the voters called the tea party. He had some good ideas but failed to carry them through even when he had control.
The worst president without a doubt was GW BUSH. A man who called himself a born-again christian who spoke with God and then murdered one million Iraqis, 5000 Americans, and injuring thousands more. He involved us in two wars where we have lost trillions of dollars and companies like Halliburton made billions. At the same time he lowered tax to a record level for the rich.
President Obama may not be the best but he is a whole lot better than anything the republicans have to offer.
So I guess poor people now own the businesses that create jobs? That's news to me.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And, other than your widely known political bias, what proof do you have for this type of statement? You don't have a Republican dealing with these "realities", you have a Democrat who is failing miserably. No way to know how another would actually deal, since all we have is the liar in chief.
You don't really expect an answer from him, do you? If so, you will have a long wait!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You don't really expect an answer from him, do you? If so, you will have a long wait!
No, not expecting an answer. Just expecting more hit and run, undefendable biased comments as is the history of the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies