Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
]I believe being gay is a choice and a poor choice. I teach my children this. This does not mean I teach my children to shame or chastise others for their choices as that is not their role. These are my opinions, no more no less.
I believe willful ignorance is a choice and a poor choice. I teach my children this. I chastise others when their willful ignorance is tantamount to bigotry. That's my opinion.

Have you ever met a single gay person who says its a choice? I've been gay for 37 years and haven't.

When did you decide to be heterosexual? Would you be equally satisfied performing fellatio on a man, but you simply choose to be with women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
but it's kinda been said that liberals tend to get degrees in "philosophical meaning of hotdogs during medieval times" and other "liberal arts"...so of course they find stuff like this "educational"....and without it you're "ignorant"....and then wonder why they can't get a job....who the hell told you to major in 16th century art?.....(I was in highschool when my lab teacher told me his niece couldn't get a job, despite her having a degree in photographer)...you may not be as wealthy as that guy with a major in business and a minor in mathematics, but at least you're "smarter" then him...
Got any stats to back that up? This liberal has undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer science and engineering.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Exactly what the left wants.

More perverted lifestyles.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Exactly what the left wants.

More perverted lifestyles.
What the "liberals" want (and this has nothing at all to with Leftism), is for people to make their own decisions about this stuff without the government regulating personal behavior where other people's rights aren't implicated.

Which should be the same thing that any conservative would want: less government intrusion and bureacracy.

So you aren't really a conservative. You are an authoritarian.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
"Pray away the gay" doesn't work and is harmful -to the person, the people they care about, and their wallets.
Again, I have no affiliation to any religion. It's all mythology IMO.

Now you're going to have to go to all the trouble of finding another attack vector...

Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Let's stick to the topic of school libraries, shall we. You can order all the trash you want for the public library, which I now avoid. Hopefully, more parents are becoming aware of what is in the library and can make the same informed decision. Unfortunately, many parents cannot afford to homeschool or private school and are forced to send their children to the public schools where this trash has infiltrated the classrooms. They cannot just change the channel with regard to their child's education, as we are so oft glibly told to do.

Time to wake up parents and taxpayers! Is this what you want your children to be learning?
You have the option to homeschool your children and produce bigoted, extremely paranoid offspring with low or nonexistant social skills. That is your choice. So yes, you do have options.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
And you wonder why people call you a bigot?
I'm little concerned with what people call me, although my favorite is when my daughter says "You're the best Daddy in the world!" and hugs me tight. Anything else,... pfffft!

Quote:
Then stop trying to change the school curriculums to suite your agenda, leave it as is, and parent your children accordingly. But you are implying that changing it to suite your belief system is the right thing to do. The irony.
Then I'll ask that you also stop trying to change the schools and not provide a forum in any form which promotes such alternative lifestyles. When I was in school we didn't need to have explained to us why Suzy has two mommies, why we shouldn't tease Jimmy for wanting to dress like a princess (becasue he would not have dared to do so), why some boys just like boys, why books that show two princes getting married are good to read in class, why books about a couple of qu**r penguins somehow teach valuable lessons, etc. There were no straight-gay-student-alliance clubs, we didn't take off to support gay pride parades on Main Street, and why the football coach just got married to some other guy and we should be happy for him. And there's no agenda to normalize such things in the impressionable minds of children? Yeah, right...

Quote:
Yes, let's just call people abnormal and sick. Unless of course it's your children that are being called that, then it's an abomination. The irony.
Uh-uh! "Abomination" is a word reserved for religious zealots. I don't think either of us fit that category. You seem to like the word "irony", too. And I'm teaching my children to handle others' opinions appropriately.

Quote:
So people who don't share your opinions are stupid? Wow, you are such a great role model for kids.
I guess including relevant quotes from others is wasted on you. Can you please add me to your ignore list as I think I'm writing well above your level and you're just getting upset and confused.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I believe willful ignorance is a choice and a poor choice. I teach my children this. I chastise others when their willful ignorance is tantamount to bigotry. That's my opinion.

Have you ever met a single gay person who says its a choice? I've been gay for 37 years and haven't.

When did you decide to be heterosexual? Would you be equally satisfied performing fellatio on a man, but you simply choose to be with women?
Actually yes I have.
A close friend didn't put it in those exact words but he did tell me he wondered if perhaps he should have went the other way.

As for chastising others about their willful ignorance, you expose your own ignorance and bigotry. You are exactly the type social authoritarian which pushes me to oppose 'gay' legislation.

You assume your own infallibility and intrude upon others to impose your bias.

I believe if coerced or manipulated at an early age to engage in same-sex relations I probably would prefer that to which I was accustomed to.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Then I'll ask that you also stop trying to change the schools and not provide a forum in any form which promotes such alternative lifestyles. When I was in school we didn't need to have explained to us why Suzy has two mommies, why we shouldn't tease Jimmy for wanting to dress like a princess (becasue he would not have dared to do so), why some boys just like boys, why books that show two princes getting married are good to read in class, why books about a couple of qu**r penguins somehow teach valuable lessons, etc. There were no straight-gay-student-alliance clubs, we didn't take off to support gay pride parades on Main Street, and why the football coach just got married to some other guy and we should be happy for him. And there's no agenda to normalize such things in the impressionable minds of children? Yeah, right...
I find it quite sad that you really believe this is about "promoting the homosexual agenda". I see it as studying modern literature. If that also means improving understanding and minimizing hatred, that's an added bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I guess including relevant quotes from others is wasted on you. Can you please add me to your ignore list as I think I'm writing well above your level and you're just getting upset and confused.
Oh please, you are giving yourself way too much credit.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Actually yes I have.
A close friend didn't put it in those exact words but he did tell me he wondered if perhaps he should have went the other way.

As for chastising others about their willful ignorance, you expose your own ignorance and bigotry. You are exactly the type social authoritarian which pushes me to oppose 'gay' legislation.

You assume your own infallibility and intrude upon others to impose your bias.

I believe if coerced or manipulated at an early age to engage in same-sex relations I probably would prefer that to which I was accustomed to.
If the close friend didn't put it in those exact words, then it seems you are reading into his words what YOU want to read. You can't change your preference.

I think it's interesting that you take such a passive-aggressive approach. It's someone else that makes you oppose things, not your own choice to oppose those things. If you turned out to be gay, it would be someone else who coerced or manipulated you into those preferences. If your children turn out to be gay, someone else had to have turned them gay. Is that what bigotry is, just about assigning blame to someone else, a need to blame others? The more I think about it, the more that seems to be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies