Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
All apart of the Gay Agenda. Socialization at a young age.

Why do you think they want Burt and Ernie to be outed as booty buddies.
Why is it only the kids of conservatives that are so at risk of getting the gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Well, as a gay rights advocate, I do not think any book should endorse pedophilia. If we really care about our gay youth (or our youth period.), should we be promoting ANY book featuring sex between a 31 year old any a 13 year old? Gay is completely different than pedophilia. People need not confuse the two. This is no more healthy than straight people promoting the behavior of Joey Budofuko (or however you spell it).

Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Are you implying that a book can kill somebody? If so, I think you need to seek help... now. Terrible analogy, almost frighteningly so.
No, actually it is a very good analogy.
Would you intentionally poison your body?
Of course not, so why would you intentionally poison your mind?

In your case it's worse, why would you intentionally poison my childs mind?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-24-2011 at 08:11 AM..

Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Nothing is being pushed on these kids???? ok so why are these books allowed but the banned books aren't?? If people don't want to read the books on any "banned book list, no ones making them.

When there are fewer choices in the libraries, I guess they have to read those other books huh?
Banned books aren't really banned, but I guess you didn't realize that. The term only means that somebody has "challenged" it, but the American Library Association and the Government of the United States does not support actual BANNING of books... so you can still get those titles too, and many (if not all) are on a good number of reading lists.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
So you are glad that these books can now be provided and feel they are appropriate for teens? (BTW, they are apparently in the middle school libraries also, so that means they are available for 10 year olds.) But, I guess all our children need to learn what it means to be gay...But is this really what it means to be gay? Orgies? Adult/Child sex? Hard to believe you defend this.

“Tweak: Growing up on Methamphetamines,†a book that features a scene depicting a homosexual orgy and “Norwegian Wood,†a book that features a sex scene between a 31-year-old woman and a 13-year old girl."

School Reading List Featured Books on Lesbian Sex, Gay Orgy | TheBlaze.com
“Tweak: Growing up on Methamphetamines,†a book that features a scene depicting a homosexual orgy and “Norwegian Wood,†a book that features a sex scene between a 31-year-old woman and a 13-year old girl."

School Reading List Featured Books on Lesbian Sex, Gay Orgy | TheBlaze.com
Read the books in their entirety, and maybe I will too. Then we can have a real discussion on their content, but until then you're just regurgitating snippets of a paranoid opinion piece - and I'm over it.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
No, actually it is a very good analogy.
Would you intentionally poison your body?
Of course not, so why would you intentionally poison your mind?
Arsenic = chemical poison which WILL harm your body.

Gay-themed books = literature which some people will hate, some people will love, and which others don't care about either way. If I find such material appropriate and safe for MY child, who are you to call me wrong? You have the right to choose what your children read, so please don't take that right from me. I don't find homosexuality to be poisonous, and survived a childhood where my parents were accepting of all sexual orientations, religions & races. Heck, my mother's two best friends were gay men, and somehow she managed to raise three straight children!

Quote:
In your case it's worse, why would you intentionally poison my childs mind you sanctimonious ~?
Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't realize you can't say NO to your child, or properly monitor their reading to ensure it's in-line with your values. Did you lose the ability to use your mouth and hands? My values are clearly different, but apparently you think yours are the only ones that matter - talk about sanctimonious.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Why is it only the kids of conservatives that are so at risk of getting the gay?
I've heard the most empty minds are typically the most vulnerable to suggestion... just sayin'.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Gay-themed books = literature which some people will hate, some people will love, and which others don't care about either way. If I find such material appropriate and safe for MY child, who are you to call me wrong? You have the right to choose what your children read, so please don't take that right from me. :

I'm still trying to figure out why you think Gay kids need to read about Orgies and adult/child sex, which is what is being discussed.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Well, as a gay rights advocate, I do not think any book should endorse pedophilia. If we really care about our gay youth (or our youth period.), should we be promoting ANY book featuring sex between a 31 year old any a 13 year old? Gay is completely different than pedophilia. People need not confuse the two. This is no more healthy than straight people promoting the behavior of Joey Budofuko (or however you spell it).
Of course not, but without reading these books, it's really hard to judge the content and context... and in case we've all forgotten, "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov is widely considered a classic, despite the depiction of an affair between a schoolgirl & an older man. Doesn't make it right, but a piece of fiction literature is hardly a commercial endorsement for behavior - although some people don't realize that, hence the uproar over Harry Potter's "endorsement" of the black arts.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why you think Gay kids need to read about Orgies and adult/child sex, which is what is being discussed.
Again, have you read the books? I haven't, so how can I judge their content effectively? Many books depict behavior you & I might find objectionable, but that doesn't mean I support having them banned... I do consider content in my book orders, though, so I'd have to look further into them before making that call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies