Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The reason is these countries have NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL POLICIES.

What's the national industrial policy of the United States of America?

LET CORPORATIONS DO WHATEVER THEY WANT!

More American people need to realize that the biggest corporations in this country NO LONGER HAVE THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT HEART. The sooner more American people wake the hell up and smell the damn coffee the better off this country will be.
Then one can only assume the democrats and the "president" are completely complicity in your scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
AeroGuyDC - As you probably realize I am far left of liberal and I think this is an absurdity designed to pander to GE at a great cost to OUR future. Without a set of protective National policies we will destroy ourselves in order to profit an transnational set of financiers and investors.

Please refer to my proposals for a set of countervailing tariffs to protect our trained workforce and industrial capacity. We have put our country at great risk if a non-nuclear war breaks out and surface sea trade is stopped. Without the shipping we do not get the oil we need or much of the manufactured junk sent to Wally World. We can live without the latter but, until we become energy self sufficient (possible but expensive), we would ace an collapse without the former.

Leftist or right I do believe we have the best interests of our country and people in mind. We just differ on how to protect and enhance our country. Financiers in London, Zurich and New York do not care about either.
There's nothing about bigger moats, largess walls, larger tariffs, more taxes, ect that makes us more competitive.

I'm not niaeve in thinking that business won't do what business does best. We can compete. We can do much more than we're doing now and we certainly don't need a self-interested CEO giving "advice" while secretly working in direct opposition to our national interest.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
The shame of it is, journalism is dead.

This is a major story about corruption in government and nobody seems to care.

What a shame.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Obama's favorite greeeeeeeeen energy company, paying zero taxes and Chinafying their business model.

Corporate fascism WIN!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Have an acquaintance who works for Boeing and he advises China requires a portion of the aircraft manufacturing to occur in China if Boeing wishes to sell them aircraft or if foreign made then it must meet numerous other requirements.

Japan(JAL) and Australia(Quantas) have similar requirements in that a % of the aircraft need to be manufactured locally.

Other countries protect their manufacturing base but we do not. They also learn foreign technology so as not to be dependent on foreign companies.
If GE is funded by our government for that intellectual property that is ours and if GE is selling it it's a hostile company that needs to be taken over and distributed out between its US competitors.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Then one can only assume the democrats and the "president" are completely complicity in your scheme.
It's not my scheme. And unles you have been under a damn rock for the past ten years or so it's been going on UNDER BOTH DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATIONS!

Now what's your point REALLY?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
GE ‘all in’ on aviation deal with China - The Washington Post

Really? I wonder if the "president" knows America is in economic trouble and that it's losing its manufacturing base?

I think the "president" got the words preserve and subversive mixed up when reading his oath.

I guess we know why Obama is opposing the construction of the Boeing plant in South Carolina- it subverts the will of his buddy, Jeff. Funny that GE, who seems to be working to help destroy the US economy, pays no taxes. Funny, huh?

Can the nation withstand the remaining 16 months of Obama? I wonder what revelations will come about after he leaves office?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
It is very sad and outrageous that GE is selling their technology to the Chinese. Fact is regardless of who is president, GE would have done the same.

This folks is the difference between large multinationals and people. The middle class, who some crap on repeatedly, will stay here and try to develop the country. Large multinationals are not mom-and-pop types, have zero allegiance and will sell you out after taking your subsidies. They have both elected Ds and Rs in their camp - they do not need more people rooting for them.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
It is very sad and outrageous that GE is selling their technology to the Chinese. Fact is regardless of who is president, GE would have done the same.

This folks is the difference between large multinationals and people. The middle class, who some crap on repeatedly, will stay here and try to develop the country. Large multinationals are not mom-and-pop types, have zero allegiance and will sell you out after taking your subsidies. They have both elected Ds and Rs in their camp - they do not need more people rooting for them.
So if Obama is all for the little people, why did he appoint him to this job?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So if Obama is all for the little people, why did he appoint him to this job?
Beats me - I dont like it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies