Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
They have arrived and any war with China will bring the Russians at their side.
In 1952 one of my most respected professors told us that the day would come when the Chinese, and they weren't much then, would someday lead the non-white people of the world against the Russians, Europeans, and the US in a racially aimed war. I always thought he sounded pretty right and still do. The Russians may not be the Soviets now but they don't want China in control when they can stop it from happening.

I don't think we will be attacking Pakistan but maybe having India on our side might be kind of handy.

The Chinese made all kinds of noises when we were in Vietnam in the early years of that one and one good old Green Beret major came back and told me that the Chinese on the Vietnamese border trained with broomsticks and didn't have any real weapons. That was the second time we could have won a war in the area (Korea) and allowed the Chinese to back us down.

They will be much more ready for a conflict in 5 or 10 years than they are now, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
LOL...the USA was almost bankrupted fighting a bunch of Arab retards in Afghanistan and Iraq...

People think the USA could fight against an actual enemy anymore?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...the USA was almost bankrupted fighting a bunch of Arab retards in Afghanistan and Iraq...

People think the USA could fight against an actual enemy anymore?
Again - it's a matter of who's in power.

I know that if I was president, as soon as the dead U.S. soldiers were paraded around Fallujah - that would have been Fallujah's last day as a city. If that could have been done, it would have changed the course of history in that our enemies would know that we wanted to win, and we had the firepower to do it - and much of what went on afterwards may not have occurred.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Again - it's a matter of who's in power.

I know that if I was president, as soon as the dead U.S. soldiers were paraded around Fallujah - that would have been Fallujah's last day as a city. If that could have been done, it would have changed the course of history in that our enemies would know that we wanted to win, and we had the firepower to do it - and much of what went on afterwards may not have occurred.
That wasn't done under Reagan.
It wasn't done under Clinton.
Under BushII the USA was humiliated by China when the spy plane was forced down.

The USA hasn't fought an enemy that could fight back on the same level since...WWII.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:36 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Is China in a position to make military threats against the U.S & follow through on them?

MAYBE...its just like when we(not me though) say any attack on our allies and Our father and mother Israel is a attack on us

Old 08-24-2011, 01:38 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That wasn't done under Reagan.
It wasn't done under Clinton.
Under BushII the USA was humiliated by China when the spy plane was forced down.

The USA hasn't fought an enemy that could fight back on the same level since...WWII.
None of our presidents lately would be classified as a war hero or someone who is battlefield tested. Even McCain seemed kind of shaky on being aggressive in times of war. I won't even mention Vietnam "hero" John Kerry.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 PM

Add FDR to the list...and Truman...

Anyway,point is China has stated it's position,the USA must respect Pakistani sovereignty.
Not sure why that is even an issue.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:42 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Is China in a position to make military threats against the U.S & follow through on them?
As the expression has it, what goes around comes around. Have you ever heard of the Monroe Doctrine?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
“warned in unequivocal terms that any attack on Pakistan would be construed as an attack on China.”

Ah, bit late for that sort of posturing (if the posturing is true to begin with).

Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 PM

Guess we will see what the USA does in the future...

Judging by the lack of any backbone in the last few decades,the USA will do nothing to annoy China.

The USA knows who is boss,and China has quite enjoyed showing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies