Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:10 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,661,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
......not so much.

They may very well be able to detect homosexuality while still in the womb some day.....they are trying. So, would someone who hates homosexuality be OK with abortion to effectively end homosexuality?
And they have still found nothing despite the pipe dreams of the gay agenda. No evidence of "being born that way" however if the left repeats it enough, they will force people to believe it.

I don't hate homosexuals or homosexuality, I just believe that to force others to believe that it is right, it dead wrong.

BTW, not for abortion either....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,165,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
homosexuality is considered abnormal human behavior overwhelmingly by the majority of human on earth. homosexuality should be called combative behavior. cause it goes against normalcy, totaly!!!

I'm sorry where do you get your facts from? Do you believe information that you happen to enjoy, or information that is true?

1) Homosexuality is considered normal. It occurs in a predictable percentage of humans-- in is observed in the animal kinddom as well. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it normal. Of course the same argument was used to justifying not allowing blacks to marry whites.

As far as the rest of the world, check out non-theocratic first world countries as a model... unless you are trying to say we should use Uganda and Saudi Arabia as some types of model of ethical standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
you have your climatologist and I have mine and I guess yours are the one that are right ,yea you're close minded. universities, bastians of liberal thinking, you are right ILL BE LUCKY IF i FIND A REPUTABLE CLIMATOLOGIST THERE
No. Actually I have just about EVERY reputable climatologist. There consensus that climat change is occurring. If you'd bother to understand your own right-wing talking points the ONLY debate is over what's causing it.

You shouldn't have animosity towards the university system. Based on the quality of your writing, I'd say an English course would do you some good. Furthermore, I did a major in computer science and computer engineering. Wasn't politcal. We didn't discuss politics. Even in the one philosopy class I had both sides of every issue were addressed without bias.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,165,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
And they have still found nothing despite the pipe dreams of the gay agenda. No evidence of "being born that way" however if the left repeats it enough, they will force people to believe it.

I don't hate homosexuals or homosexuality, I just believe that to force others to believe that it is right, it dead wrong.

BTW, not for abortion either....................
I would say the evidence that gays just about unanimously say they were born that way is pretty good evidence, wouldn't you?

Did you make a decision to be straight? Or, again, is fellating another man just a option you decided against?

Oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. Your posts evidence huge bigotry.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:27 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,577,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm sorry where do you get your facts from? Do you believe information that you happen to enjoy, or information that is true?

1) Homosexuality is considered normal. It occurs in a predictable percentage of humans-- in is observed in the animal kinddom as well. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it normal. Of course the same argument was used to justifying not allowing blacks to marry whites.

As far as the rest of the world, check out non-theocratic first world countries as a model... unless you are trying to say we should use Uganda and Saudi Arabia as some types of model of ethical standard.

No. Actually I have just about EVERY reputable climatologist. There consensus that climat change is occurring. If you'd bother to understand your own right-wing talking points the ONLY debate is over what's causing it.

You shouldn't have animosity towards the university system. Based on the quality of your writing, I'd say an English course would do you some good. Furthermore, I did a major in computer science and computer engineering. Wasn't politcal. We didn't discuss politics. Even in the one philosopy class I had both sides of every issue were addressed without bias.
see what I mean being black is not something so decide you want to be later in life. that's a mute point to justified gays!! now that you clarified that we are not causing gw I have an open mind to the possibility that the earth is getting warmer, but I will not accept blame as a human being to causing gw. I am dreading my kids going to college! and turn into zombies by the liberal establishments there. my communication skills are not at all good, but I GET MY POINT ACROSS. writing is only a skill like any other skill and if you think that makes people ignorant not smart. close minded you are!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,633,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's easy: They really don't care about fiscal constraint (see spending from 2001-2009) and are using it as an excuse to try and gut spending on progressive programs that help America in order to further their tax breaks and subsidies.

Throw in war and torture and you get the definition of evil.
well said. And the other social issues should be off the table...we are in the worst economy since 1930....gay marriage is a persons lifestyle, it is a personal issue---why oh why does the far right yell about the NRA and big government, yet when it comes to this they tote out the bible..it is beyond hypocritical.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,661,831 times
Quote:
I would say the evidence that gays just about unanimously say they were born that way is pretty good evidence, wouldn't you?

Did you make a decision to be straight? Or, again, is fellating another man just a option you decided against?

Oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. Your posts evidence huge bigotry.
Yes, I am such a bigot for actually having some values but then again the evidence that I have seen refutes what you have posted. But in your own little myopic world, I am sure that what I have seen doesn't matter and your bigotry against people who disagree with you is evidence of that.

Are you seriously saying that there are no environmental conditions that could influence a person's behavior? Isn't that really a contradiction to everything that anthropology has presented and found?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,020,396 times
Becasue goig forward at their growth rates three programs are the majority of spending coming increases.SS;medicare and medicaid. Mnay economist say at growth rates they will consumer 16% of the 18% of GDP federal revenues laying years. Taxing more for no wealth building investing is just a deadend.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,448,411 times
Quote:
I think that different individuals would have different opinions on that. Whether or not I have equal rights/protection is a very important issue to me.

Nonsense!

Homosexuals want special rights.

Homosexuals don't want a legal remedy when their rights are violated as other Americans enjoy.

Homosexuals want a proactive campaign by the federal government to act as Minitrue pro-gay thought police.

Homosexuals want the power of the federal government to be used to restrict and inhibit the expressed opinions of others and to assure only agreeable voices are heard.

Religion News: Religious News and Headlines - USATODAY.com

Homosexuals have already taken their Orwellian indoctrination program to kindergartens and elementary schools in an effort to propagandize those too young to see the glaring inconsistencies of their claims.

Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools

Anyone who dares oppose them in the political area will have their home address and place of business listed on a gay website leading to all sorts of organized harassment and terrorist threats.

http://www.*****ty.com/pro-prop-8-do...iage-20090109/

The reason a different tack is needed in the case of homosexuality is the proactive protections they seek are not because of perceived discrimination based on a innate characteristic, but rather voluntary behavior. Whereas a black female is such because she was born so, a homosexual is only one when he or she chooses to engage in sexual activity with a person of his or her own sex. Furthermore, a black person appears to be black to everyone who interacts with him or her. In the case of homosexuals, no one knows their sexuality until and unless they choose to offer such information. I have personally never been asked at a job interview who I ****. I have never offered this information, so the notion that homosexuals are discriminated against in such situations is ridiculous.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,091,510 times
Quote:
I don't include believing religious dogma over science or denying climate change science as open minded. It's idiocy and/or pandering. Believing something that has proven to be inaccurate scientifically is just dumb. That's not the same as open minded.

As far as abortion, you can be open minded and against abortion.

I find just the opposite, however. Open minded people negotiate and sometimes change their position based on new facts or further consideration. I have changed my mind on a number of things lately.

What have you changed your mind on? What do you support that doesn't fall in line with the conservative/libertarian or tea party mantras?
I've changed my mind on military conflict.

We are in a constant state of conflict.

For who? For what?

What have you changed your mind on?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:37 PM

1,019 posts, read 591,652 times
Quote:
I am wondering: How come if I support a fiscally conservative candidate, it usually means I am supporting a candidate who does not support gay marriage, doesn't believe in evolution and/or global warming?

Why can't we have a fiscally conservative candidate who isn't using the fiscal conservatism as a proxy to attack boys kissing, public libraries and separation of church and state?

Please think about your answer... I am not interested in hearing talking points regurgitated.
Judging from the gibberish that is your post, it is evident your not really interested in hearing anything of substance. I suggest you try again..... no, just give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies