Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I know those who consider themselves liberals find this alarming, but what about political and fiscal conservatives who do not define themselves as Social or Religious conservatives?

The New Apostolic Reformation: The Evangelicals Engaged In Spiritual Warfare : NPR
Obviously you have no understanding of Christianity. To you, anything but a quasi Christian is a threat. You can't deal with those who really believe.

I suppose you think we are (as many of your ilk have dared to say) as bad as Muslim extremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 04:33 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If we need not concern ourselves with Islamic law creeping into our system of government, as many liberals have so stated, then why is there any concern over this kind or fringe group?

Because these are not fringe groups. They put one of their own into the presidency in 2000 and every GOP candidate since then has to have their seal of approvals. Even McCain had to pick a radical religious zealou as his running mate to please them.

Just watch these crazies derail Romney and orchestrate a Perry/Bachman ticket.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obviously you have no understanding of Christianity. To you, anything but a quasi Christian is a threat. You can't deal with those who really believe.

I suppose you think we are (as many of your ilk have dared to say) as bad as Muslim extremists.

As a Christian, I understand Christianity just fine. It's the radical, "God hates liberals but loves guns" brand of Satanistic Christianity that I don't get and it's the brand of religion practiced by most Republicans nowadays.

No, you guys are not as bad as the Muslim extremists but you're getting there. The rest of us sane people realize we have to, "nip it in the bud" so to speak.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because these are not fringe groups. They put one of their own into the presidency in 2000 and every GOP candidate since then has to have their seal of approvals. Even McCain had to pick a radical religious zealou as his running mate to please them.

I just heard that Perry is up in recent polls on Romney 29% to 22%. It looks like the "Crazy Train" has left the station.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
If we need not concern ourselves with Islamic law creeping into our system of government, as many liberals have so stated, then why is there any concern over this kind or fringe group?
Because fundamentalists and evangelicals make up a very large portion of this country. Muslims do not.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:56 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
I would respectfully argue that the difference is simply we are not seeing top-tier front running candidates espousing a fundamentalist Muslim world-view and inferring that they would use the powers granted to them by elected office to promote that view via government policy.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I would respectfully argue that the difference is simply we are not seeing top-tier front running candidates espousing a fundamentalist Muslim world-view and inferring that they would use the powers granted to them by elected office to promote that view via government policy.
(Waiting for someone to say: what about Obama .)

Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I think fundamental extremism is destructive to society no matter what prophet or deity is followed.

And as for my understanding of Christianity, I am far less concerned with understanding the current religion and would rather understand Christ's teachings and the beliefs of those early Christians that kept the flame alive for the rest of us to follow, should we so chose.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:01 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Most here on C-D suspect that I am one of those crazies yet I will vote for Romney in a heartbeat.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I just heard that Perry is up in recent polls on Romney 29% to 22%. It looks like the "Crazy Train" has left the station.

Exactly. Could see this coming from miles away. Perry, of course, is a disaster in waiting but that's never stopped the Republicans before.

That's good for my investment in China. As long as the GOP is cutting taxes for the rich and putting crazy radicals in charge, China will reap most of the benefits.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies