Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 AM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

Looks like the gov found another peaceful group daring to live without government assistance and interference. These people refuse to assimilate into our culture of gov regulation and knowing what is best and how to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
I live in New York City which is, I believe, being unfairly discriminated against as a workplace for goat herders.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Unfair to the NY folks. I think redistributing the goat herds across the country especially to those who havn't been able to herd goats due to discrimination is in order. They get two cell phones instead of one!!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM

30 posts, read 109,535 times
You can also read more about this story at Obama’s New Goat Herder Regulations*|*NewsHuddle.com

Absolutely pathetic!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
I visited several farms this past summer and at each and every one of them the farmers were the most concerned about government regulations.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I visited several farms this past summer and at each and every one of them the farmers were the most concerned about government regulations.
I came back from MO at the beginning of the week, and thats all the farmers I know could talk about.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Goats should be herding people, in a fair world.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
So ..... the nanny state is now going to regulate the nanny herders? Is this only for the imported nanny herders? What about the domestic nanny herders? What about the cattlemen? Is this discrimination against cattlemen?

The US Labor Dept is creating jobs here. We are going to have Goat Herder accommodation inspectors - one for each county in the entire USA. They will inspect bedding, kitchen counters, cell phone batteries (do these fools even understand that most areas that have goats don't have cell coverage??) and THEN ..... it's going to become clear that Goat Herders must Unionize.

How much do you suppose a Goat Herder Inspector for each county is going to cost the Taxpayers?

How much more of this nonsense are we going to take?
I believe someone pointed this out in the comments to this story. Of course they won't get cell coverage. The gubmint will use that as ammo to fight to give them satellite services.

Every goat herder needs a satellite phone...and since they have satellite, may as well give them satellite t.v. as well...and internet...hey! Let's just keep on giving!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From the link....

"..75 new major regulations with annual costs of $38 billion."

I'm sure goat farmers/ranchers have plenty of extra money to meet these new regulations.
Watch for the price of goat products to sky rocket.
Government is our enemy.

Government is a the arch enemy of our children and grandchildren.

We need to cut federal government work force by 75%.

We need to abolish the failed departments of energy, education, labor, agriculture and housing. That would be a start.

Then put the Imperial Presidency on a budget of $10 million/year. And yeah, they could function on that and if they don't like it they can always quit.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:14 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Why just goat and sheep herders? And only foreign ones, at that? What about citizen goat herders? And why not cattle herders......or dairy farmers.......or chicken farmers......or fish farmers? This is unfair discrimination!!!

Doesn't it strike you odd that for each goat or sheep herder "a separate sleeping unit shall be provided for each person......"? Is that so the goat herder can have some private time with the partner of his choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies