U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2011, 06:48 PM
 
1,123 posts, read 740,462 times
Reputation: 400

Advertisements

Syrian gunmen break artist's hands as 'warning' - Yahoo! News

Syrian gunmen break artist's hands as 'warning'

BEIRUT (AP) — A renowned political cartoonist whose drawings expressed Syrians' frustrated hopes for change was grabbed after he left his studio early Thursday and beaten by masked gunmen who broke his hands and dumped him on a road outside Damascus. One of Syria's most famous artists, Ali Ferzat, 60, earned international recognition and the respect of many Arabs with stinging caricatures that infuriated dictators including Iraq's Saddam Hussein, Libya's Moammar Gadhafi and, particularly in recent months, Syria's autocratic Assad family.

--------------------------------------------------

May NATO bomb the life of this animal subhuman filth bashar, along with everyone of his fake regime and family, into dust.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 11,102,361 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Syrian gunmen break artist's hands as 'warning' - Yahoo! News

Syrian gunmen break artist's hands as 'warning'

BEIRUT (AP) — A renowned political cartoonist whose drawings expressed Syrians' frustrated hopes for change was grabbed after he left his studio early Thursday and beaten by masked gunmen who broke his hands and dumped him on a road outside Damascus. One of Syria's most famous artists, Ali Ferzat, 60, earned international recognition and the respect of many Arabs with stinging caricatures that infuriated dictators including Iraq's Saddam Hussein, Libya's Moammar Gadhafi and, particularly in recent months, Syria's autocratic Assad family.

--------------------------------------------------

May NATO bomb the life of this animal subhuman filth bashar, along with everyone of his fake regime and family, into dust.
I cannot understand how the rest of the world can stand by while these atrocities occur. It makes no sense.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
 
1,123 posts, read 740,462 times
Reputation: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I cannot understand how the rest of the world can stand by while these atrocities occur. It makes no sense.
I don't understand it either. Removing the scumbag bashar would be a real game-changer in the middle east, it would cut hezbollah off at the knees and isolate iran completely, both politically and geographically.

We need to start a Boycott China campaign to get them to stop protecting syria at the UNSC. All the chinese understand is money, so if a major effort is initiated to boycott all chinese-made products of any kind, they will recognize and understand that they need to back off vetoing all anti-syrian resolutions. If they want to keep their own citizens in the world's largest gulag, that's fine - but there will be consequences for their actions RE: syria.

If china backs off, russia will as well as they are cowardly dogs who would not stand alone against the rest of the world. Then the NATO strikes against the syrian armed forces could commence and with them, the termination of the scumbag bashar ass-ad illegitimate dictatorship.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 PM
 
13,749 posts, read 9,195,261 times
Reputation: 6654
What's going on in Syria was tried in Egypt and Libya, so I can see the tables turning in the future. The backlash will continue to grow as things get worse. Bad situation. I will pray for the people of Syria.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 PM
 
1,123 posts, read 740,462 times
Reputation: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
What's going on in Syria was tried in Egypt and Libya, so I can see the tables turning in the future. The backlash will continue to grow as things get worse. Bad situation. I will pray for the people of Syria.
NATO intervened to stop Khadafi from massacring civilians at one town only - Benghazi.

Ass-ad has been massacring dozens of towns, thousands of people - yet NATO, US, the arab league and EU do NOTHING.

IT IS INSANE.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Del Rio, TN
38,156 posts, read 23,904,248 times
Reputation: 24170
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I cannot understand how the rest of the world can stand by while these atrocities occur. It makes no sense.
We intervened in Iraq after Saddam had done far worse, including 2 major wars with neighboring countries over decades and the use of chemical weapons against his own people. What did that get us??

We went into Afganistan, attacking the Taliban after they committed attrocities against their own people and concealled terrorists that attacked this country. What did that get us?

We should stay the heck out of these 3rd world hellholes. Nothing and no one there is worth the life of more young American soldiers or marines. Now that we are involved in 3 wars, with no end in sight, even our elected leaders seem to be waking up to this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
NATO intervened to stop Khadafi from massacring civilians at one town only - Benghazi.
Oh bull. NATO attacked in order to force a regime change. They attacked the legitimate forces of the government of Libya (bad as they were) from the first day. They weren't "stopping the massacre of civilians". The probably killed more than Khadafi's forces did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I don't understand it either. Removing the scumbag bashar would be a real game-changer in the middle east, it would cut hezbollah off at the knees and isolate iran completely, both politically and geographically.
How does removing one evil dictator when we have no idea if the person or people replacing him would be any better ensure that Hezbollah are cut off or Iran isolated? In all likelyhood, these uprisings are orchestrated by Iran, or worse.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 08-25-2011 at 11:52 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
 
18,881 posts, read 18,165,328 times
Reputation: 12143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
........How does removing one evil dictator when we have no idea if the person or people replacing him would be any better ensure that Hezbollah are cut off or Iran isolated? In all likelyhood, these uprisings are orchestrated by Iran, or worse.
I agree.

It seems as though nothing good comes out of that part of the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,307 posts, read 4,585,930 times
Reputation: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
NATO intervened to stop Khadafi from massacring civilians at one town only - Benghazi.

Ass-ad has been massacring dozens of towns, thousands of people - yet NATO, US, the arab league and EU do NOTHING.

IT IS INSANE.
Will you be assisting in these bombings that you're advocating????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 11,102,361 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We intervened in Iraq after Saddam had done far worse, including 2 major wars with neighboring countries over decades and the use of chemical weapons against his own people. What did that get us??

We went into Afganistan, attacking the Taliban after they committed attrocities against their own people and concealled terrorists that attacked this country. What did that get us?

We should stay the heck out of these 3rd world hellholes. Nothing and no one there is worth the life of more young American soldiers or marines. Now that we are involved in 3 wars, with no end in sight, even our elected leaders seem to be waking up to this fact.



Oh bull. NATO attacked in order to force a regime change. They attacked the legitimate forces of the government of Libya (bad as they were) from the first day. They weren't "stopping the massacre of civilians". The probably killed more than Khadafi's forces did.


How does removing one evil dictator when we have no idea if the person or people replacing him would be any better ensure that Hezbollah are cut off or Iran isolated? In all likelyhood, these uprisings are orchestrated by Iran, or worse.
Frankly, we have no evidence that Gaddafi was killing any protestors. There were some protests, that were infiltrated by Islamist extremists, then things started turning violent. They stormed compounds and police stations, who fought back, the crowds gathered weaponry as they overtook the gov't facilities. Gaddafi provided weapons to his people, outside interest were arming the rebels. I have read Soros is involved in funding the rebels, can't verify that.
At this point, Gaddafi is powerless. I don't know why they continue to hunt him down to kill him. The TNC have been recognized, countries are providing them money from Gaddafi's holdings, so get on with it. Start organizing your new country. Our community organizer can only do so much for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 AM
 
1,123 posts, read 740,462 times
Reputation: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We intervened in Iraq after Saddam had done far worse, including 2 major wars with neighboring countries over decades and the use of chemical weapons against his own people. What did that get us??
Had we attacked iran first, as I've been advocating for since the mid-90s, iraq would have been a much easier situation.

Quote:
Oh bull. NATO attacked in order to force a regime change. They attacked the legitimate forces of the government of Libya (bad as they were) from the first day. They weren't "stopping the massacre of civilians". The probably killed more than Khadafi's forces did.
So then explain why NATO did intervene, and if your explanation is going to be "it was a war for oil," don't bother responding.

Quote:
How does removing one evil dictator when we have no idea if the person or people replacing him would be any better ensure that Hezbollah are cut off or Iran isolated? In all likelyhood, these uprisings are orchestrated by Iran, or worse.
If you knew anything about syria, you'd know that the regime is from less than 10% of the population - the vast majority of the country is sunni, a longtime enemy of shia muslims, of whom make up 50% of iran's population.

If you remove ass-ad, the sunnis will rule syria again as the natural majority, and they are not going to of mind to assist shia-iran or shia-hezbollah, both of whom have been responsible for not only helping to murder lots of syrian sunnis over the past 6 months inside syria, but both have also murdered alot of sunnis in lebanon and iran.

Remove ass-ad, and hezbollah will become much more pliable and willing to stop being a terrorist organization, and hand over its weapons, freeing up lebanon. Remove ass-ad, and iran has no method of sending weapons to hezbollah, and would be entirely isolated in the arab muslim middle east, so its terror-sponsoring through proxies, as well as hegemonistic goals, would also have to end.

This is chess, not checkers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top