Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the federal government fund race based organiazations?
Yes 31 23.13%
No 103 76.87%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Prove it! And while you are at it "Mr Stormftont" please explain to me how the Government giving money to a Organization such as the United Negro College fund is comparable? Since their on;y purpose is to provide funds for education.
Does the federal government give money to this group?
United Caucasian College Fund | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
They don't give a you-know-what about NYC schoolkids, that's for sure.

They haven't seriously represented minorities in ages.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
It's impossible for us to quit being racist.

You define what racism is, then get money power and fame for fighting it. Then, when you accomplish it, you simply redefine racism and get more money power and fame. You've been doing it nonstop for over 40 years.

I mean you started off fighting against lynchings and beatings. You won. Then you fought for affirmative action and quotes. You got them. then you fought negative stereotypes and media images. You got that. Now you're at the point of fighting racist "code words" and "undertones" and "subconscious racism" and other such silly stuff that's meaningless and unmeasurable in real terms.

It's a neverending cycle.

The feminists are doing it too. They've gone from wanting basic human rights like voting and property ownership in 1912 to wanting equal pay and opportunities in 1962 to declaring a war on women if they don't get their birth control paid for by federal mandate in 2012. It's pathetic.
I know, its so pathetic that we want to be treated as equals. How dare we not accept lynchings, fire hoses, unequal employment opportunities. you are right, we shoud just ignore racism all together an go back to the 60's. I'm guessing it was so much better for you.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Explain please. Using your logic, MLK goes against everything MLK stands for...

Judge one, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character - Martin Luther King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Prove it! And while you are at it "Mr Stormftont" please explain to me how the Government giving money to a Organization such as the United Negro College fund is comparable? Since their on;y purpose is to provide funds for education.

My point is, if it is race based, it itself is racist. It is all about the race. Not the individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Does the federal government give money to this group?
United Caucasian College Fund | Facebook

Again, there should be no government special privileges granted, based on race. It perpetuates us all uniting as Americans.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I know, its so pathetic that we want to be treated as equals. How dare we not accept lynchings, fire hoses, unequal employment opportunities. you are right, we shoud just ignore racism all together an go back to the 60's. I'm guessing it was so much better for you.

Paranoid much? It's 2012. Do you honestly think that it would go back to this, and that the majority American public would tolerate it in this day and age?! This particular American won't, and I doubt that the majority of others would. Some of our country's history has dark moments, and things that we may not be proud of, but at this point I'm more concerned about us moving forward and working together as a nation! I wasn't around back then. We're in the here and now. Let's aknowledge the past, learn from it, and move forward! Unfortunately, you're always going to have racism, ignorance and bigotry on both sides! But in this day and age, don't give them the attention that they're craving! Let them wallow in their own misery and hatred.

Furthermore, I think it's the government that distracts us with all of these social issues to keep us divided amongst ourselves. I don't need the government to legislate morality or political correctness to tell me how to be a good person and treat others.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The CP designates race in the organization, NAACP. Colored People.
How racist can it get.

It is not NAAAP, for All People.

Just think of the outrage if there was a NAAWP, for White People? Chants of the KKK would be shouted from the roof tops.

The same can be said for the LaRaza( the Race) for hispanic racism.

Why in our society today, even after the civil rights movement of the 1960's, do we still need racist organizations such as this.

Should these organizations, receive subsidies/funds from our federal government?
Interesting that your Thread title question is a different one from the poll question, hmmmmm, me thinks I smell a troll.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Goes against everything MLK fought for.
And never mind that MLK Jr worked closely with the NAACP.

Again, people really need to read books.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
For some here, that would be the Good Old Days they so want us to return to, not gonna happen, most people have evolved past the stupidity of believing color makes someone better or less than others. As we can see, there are still some dinosaurs around but they are dieing off, cannot wait for the day they are gone for good.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:13 PM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
I know, its so pathetic that we want to be treated as equals.
If you want to be treated as equals then go for it. I'm all for you being treated equally. Go ahead and throw your race baiting affirmative action crutch away and start being equal. Nobody's stopping you.

Case in point: your complaining about the Voter ID laws. Voter ID laws apply equally to all individuals. So don't claim you want to be treated as an equal then claim a law that applies to everyone is racist because it's harder for you to comply with it. That's not being treated as an equal. Just go register for an ID card like everyone else. That's being treated equally.

Quote:
How dare we not accept lynchings, fire hoses, unequal employment opportunities. you are right, we shoud just ignore racism all together an go back to the 60's. I'm guessing it was so much better for you.
Straw man.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
If you want to be treated as equals then go for it. I'm all for you being treated equally. Go ahead and throw your race baiting affirmative action crutch away and start being equal. Nobody's stopping you.

Case in point: your complaining about the Voter ID laws. Voter ID laws apply equally to all individuals. So don't claim you want to be treated as an equal then claim a law that applies to everyone is racist because it's harder for you to comply with it. That's not being treated as an equal. Just go register for an ID card like everyone else. That's being treated equally.

Straw man.
No, that is called facts. We need affirmative action because racism still exist, and whites are still in control of this country. When racism no longer exist, or whites are no longer in control of the majority of this country, we can get rid of affirmative action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies