Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the federal government fund race based organiazations?
Yes 31 23.13%
No 103 76.87%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I don't think the NAACP is funded by the government, most groups like these don't have government funding either. That said, I don't think that the government should, IF they are doing so somewhere.

As a sidenote, I wonder how many people are aware that NAACP was founded by white people? lol.
It does get grants and loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why mention it, unless your using it for an agenda, that is based on race, because you are racist?

Are we all not equal, under Gods eyes?

I'm blind. Explain it to me.
Of course their agenda was race-based you loon! They were fighting for civil rights FOR the race whose civil rights were being denied.

Think before you type. Why mention the group whose cause you're fighting for? Using your logic, the CRM was racist b/c they were their "agenda" was race-based. Does that make any sense?

Quote:
Just like Mexican, Canadian, or Chinese, Polish is a nationality, not a race, Einstein.
Again, using your logic, they are all still discriminatory organizations. It's absurd to say that an organization identifying its target group is ONLY discriminatory when it refers to Blacks.

Quote:
Yes, that is how the intellectual, educated look at it, but the majority are ignorant and not as educated as you may be. Will they figure it out, when the brain washing started in their infancy?

Stopping the cycle, by education and friendships. Not by placing them on a platter, making them unequal to everyone else.
You're the last person to talk about ignorant & stupid when your basis for claiming racism is identifying the group you're trying to help. That kind of lazy thinking is the epitome of anti-intellectualism. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what racism is, what discrimination is, and history itself.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Of course their agenda was race-based you loon! They were fighting for civil rights FOR the race whose civil rights were being denied.

Think before you type. Why mention the group whose cause you're fighting for? Using your logic, the CRM was racist b/c they were their "agenda" was race-based. Does that make any sense?

Again, using your logic, they are all still discriminatory organizations. It's absurd to say that an organization identifying its target group is ONLY discriminatory when it refers to Blacks.

You're the last person to talk about ignorant & stupid when your basis for claiming racism is identifying the group you're trying to help. That kind of lazy thinking is the epitome of anti-intellectualism. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what racism is, what discrimination is, and history itself.
It really is sad to see how people really think on the internet where no one can see them.

The NAACP was founded to gain Civil Rights. That is racist. Wow.

For those that haven't stepped outside their small country town, minorities all over the world form their own leagues as they are the minority. Many times it is to gain equal rights. That is not racist.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Just like Mexican, Canadian, or Chinese, Polish is a nationality, not a race, Einstein.
Forget skin color for a minute, blacks are all from the same region of the world, just lile the Polish, Chinese, Canadians, or Mexicans. They are AFRICAN Americans.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yes I do. Educate yourself. It is all right at your finger tips.

Don't be lazy, do some research by typing in "Who funds the NAACP", like I did.
In other words, you don't have ANY proof for your BS claims.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
In other words, you don't have ANY proof for your BS claims.

Again, it is not I who has to teach the ignorant and uneducated.

So much so, it is all right there at everyone's fingertips, even yours.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Only white racists think so.
Only white racists. I love irony.

I believe anything based on race or sex is collectivism. I took the OP meant in using the term racist as in an evil way.
I'd like to see a black man as president and I dont want to see a black man as president are both racist but one is fueled by hate.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Again, it is not I who has to teach the ignorant and uneducated.

So much so, it is all right there at everyone's fingertips, even yours.
Lmao, only because YOU LIED, NAACP is not funded by the federal government and now you're squirming around because you cannot back up your lie with even bogus citations.

Sorta make me wonder what else you throw out there as "FACT" that is just BS floating around in your hate filled mind.

Last edited by buzzards27; 03-30-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies