Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Simple solution. Get rid of the media. I canceled my satellite subscription five years ago. The only thing I watch on TV are DVDs. I get my news from radio and the internet, and I never listen to anything any candidate has to say.
True. I left it off last night, didnt miss a thing. do like the artful films (with real actors) they put on every once in awhile, the rest is all trash...distractions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
And this is exactly what the GOP wants.

Republicans basically hate the U.S. Government and want to destroy most of it. Their goal is to turn the American people against our government as well. I can guarantee you that they're smiling about these low approval numbers. Many of them are hoping to see the approval ratings for Congress drop to zero.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:47 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Boehner has never had TEA Party support.
He is a Neocon.
He's like a dog on a short leash

Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol, they left lapsed Catholics off that survey...again they are forgetting Independents and swing votes.

All they have to do to lose is put Boehner on tv again with his red angry face....that is NOT what we need in this nation....
LOL, his smug sarcastic face

Old 09-09-2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
If you any foresight at all, you should immediately go to your nearest big box store and buy a case or two of Kleenex, cause, baby, you are going to need 'em on that historical day coming up in Nov. 2012.

Kleenex, lots of Kleenex. Visine too.

BTW, your post is a joke.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Lightbulb 87% in US disapprove of GOP Congress

Elected officials are not sent to DC to gridlock and stonewall.

They've been given a public trust to address problems, not exacerbate them.

The public is getting seriously fed up with obstructionism that's prolonging this recession. Current incumbents are well-advised to start doing their jobs instead of doing everything they can to prevent others from doing theirs.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And this is exactly what the GOP wants.

Republicans basically hate the U.S. Government and want to destroy most of it. Their goal is to turn the American people against our government as well. I can guarantee you that they're smiling about these low approval numbers. Many of them are hoping to see the approval ratings for Congress drop to zero.
Then why was the congressional approval rate even lower when Democrats controlled Congress? In 2010, under a Democrat controlled Congress, the congressional approval rating sunk to an historical low of only 6%. That means that 94% disapproved of Congress. Under a GOP controlled House in 2011 that approval rating has more than doubled, and is now 13%. When the GOP take control of the Senate and White House in 2012, I fully except the congressional approval rating will double again.

No matter how you slice it, the American people are much happier when there are fewer Democrats in government, as this poll amply demonstrates.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:50 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
LOL, his smug sarcastic face
President Obama never looks angry or smug?? He looked awfully angry and smug during his speech. "Must pass this bill"!! He only knows how to spend, President Obama has know idea how to do with out or cut back, I don't think he ever had to.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Then why was the congressional approval rate even lower when Democrats controlled Congress? In 2010, under a Democrat controlled Congress, the congressional approval rating sunk to an historical low of only 6%. That means that 94% disapproved of Congress. Under a GOP controlled House in 2011 that approval rating has more than doubled, and is now 13%. When the GOP take control of the Senate and White House in 2012, I fully except the congressional approval rating will double again.
I don't know which poll you're talking about, but I don't think it's the AP-Gfk poll. You can't take numbers from a different poll and say it's comparable to the numbers from this poll. You have to compare numbers from the same poll in order to make it a legitimate comparison.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The GOP may have control of the house, but people are disgusted with Congress in it's totality. That means every Democrat in it as well. You say the Tea "baggers" are going to get wiped out, but I think they will win even more seats in the Congress, even at the expense of their fellow Republicans.
Well, at least you are one of the few that admits they are Republicans.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies