Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 AM

88,229 posts, read 84,159,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
There needs to be protestors at this event. Anyone that lives around there that can do it should! That will get media attention.
It's already been in the NY media on and off for a while now. And of course there will be protesters from various factions. There are at every 9/11 anniversary--no reason why they won't show up for the tenth!

There just are space limitations. Think about it--15,000 people got out of the towers alive. They couldn't possibly all show up even if they wanted to. Don't know the number of those considered first responders, but it has to be a significant number, and about 40,000 people participated in the cleanup and recovery and/or volunteered at the site to feed and take care of the firefighters, cops, and construction workers. The Memorial is an 8-acre area within a 16-acre construction site. It just wouldn't be feasible or safe to have everyone there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 08:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,790,009 times
Only Mosques are welcomed there now...thanks Mikee.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,431,589 times
WTF??? That is so messed up!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,431,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's already been in the NY media on and off for a while now. And of course there will be protesters from various factions. There are at every 9/11 anniversary--no reason why they won't show up for the tenth!

There just are space limitations. Think about it--15,000 people got out of the towers alive. They couldn't possibly all show up even if they wanted to. Don't know the number of those considered first responders, but it has to be a significant number, and about 40,000 people participated in the cleanup and recovery and/or volunteered at the site to feed and take care of the firefighters, cops, and construction workers. The Memorial is an 8-acre area within a 16-acre construction site. It just wouldn't be feasible or safe to have everyone there.
That's why there's this thing called 24 hours in a day. They can have several ceremonies throughout the day for different groups of people.

(Sorry I'm not mad at you, but I'm pissed off about the lack of thought and organization.)

Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,632,840 times
It's a lot like NFL Football, only for the rich. They can stand around giving each other awards and patting themselves on the back for doing a good job

Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,281,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's why there's this thing called 24 hours in a day. They can have several ceremonies throughout the day for different groups of people.

(Sorry I'm not mad at you, but I'm pissed off about the lack of thought and organization.)
Thank goodness there's someone around here who can handle that Unit-801.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,799,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So this sounds like there was limited space and a variety of people could not attend due to space, not because who or what they are..... So?
Limited space? LOL!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,281,882 times
How come the general attendees don't get to meet and greet the heros?

Why not draw tourists by having, like, a petting zoo, or something?

Julie Annie is not, and has never been, a hero.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,799,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How come the general attendees don't get to meet and greet the heros?

Why not draw tourists by having, like, a petting zoo, or something?

Julie Annie is not, and has never been, a hero.
(AUG. 30) In an Infowars Special Report that aired tonight, We Are Change.org founder Luke Rudkowski discusses his most recent confrontation with World Trade Center leaseholder Larry Silverstein as the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 approaches.

Prison Planet.com » Infowars Special Report: Building 7 an Inside Job

Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 AM

88,229 posts, read 84,159,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

LOL, I wasn't thinking that you were mad at me. Having subsequent ceremonies sounds like a good idea. The annual observance is usually worked around the times of the two impacts and the times the building fell, so maybe they would feel as if they were at a subpar event if another was held later, I don't know. Anyway, almost every WTC survivor I know has zero interest in being down there that day. Don't know about the firefighter's/cop's feelings, though.

There will be ceremonies and observances in many towns through the NY/NJ metro area that day. A lot of people may just stay local and attend observances at their town memorials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies