Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider gays to be a threat to American society?
Yes 13 17.33%
No 61 81.33%
Not sure 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
  • The poll question as worded cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.
  • I continue to be amazed that, even among so-called "anti-gay" people, there is almost complete surrender to the PC mandate. The mandate that says thou shalt think and thou shalt know that homosexuality is not a choice.
  • I continue to be amused by the never ending references to homosexual behavior in animals and to ancient Greece or any other time in history of which posters have no first hand knowledge whatsoever....as though these references are valid and undisputable...and as though they are relevant.
Oh! So you have "first hand knowledge" of homosexuality? Why didn't you say so earlier? So tell us about your choice to be straight rather than go with your attractions towards males.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Ridiculous beliefs?

Only in an upside down world gone stark raving mad would "gay" marriage ever enter public debate....as there simply IS no concept more ridiculous.
I dare say I would find your marriage "ridiculous" (if you are married). But I wouldn't try to stop you from being married.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Fifty years ago the idea of same-sex marriage wasn't even on the radar and virtually no one of that day and age would have ever dreamed it would be a reality today. Fifty years from now something else will be militantly being shoved down the throats of those of you who think of yourselves as "enlightened progressives" today and you will be reviled and ridiculed for being so old-fashioned. Maybe it will be killing off old people and the hopelessly insane since they are no longer "useful" to society. Maybe it will become acceptable to eat aborted fetuses. The point is--it WILL be something that is totally unacceptable today--just as legalizing same-sex marriage was 50 years ago.
You compare Gay marriage to "killing off old people and eating aborted fetuses"?

Do you realise how offensive that is to loving committed gay and lesbian couples? What is harmful about gay marriage?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,673,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I dare say I would find your marriage "ridiculous" (if you are married). But I wouldn't try to stop you from being married.
As you ramp up the frequency and intensity of childish content in your posts, I find myself wondering why you haven't landed on my ignore list until today. Enough

Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
As you ramp up the frequency and intensity of childish content in your posts, I find myself wondering why you haven't landed on my ignore list until today. Enough
Thank you!!! I consider it an honor!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,179,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I never said that you used that word.
But you certainly have inferred it, and not in just this thread.
Blatant lie. Get your eyes checked; you are seeing things and connecting dots that do not exist except in your own mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.