Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Who cares?
Gandhi was a perv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Tea baggers don't like Obama because he's black and he's a Democrat. They hate both of those. I discriminate as well. I discriminate against stupidity therefore I discriminate against tea baggers.
So blacks and Democrats who identify with the tea parties must be self-hating individuals?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I have seen the word racism used against the Tea Party too much (I'm guilty of that as well) so I thought I would set teh record straight.

The meaning of racism is a belief that differences in intelligence or traits among different people can be entirely due to one's race. A racist is one who practices racism.

Discrimination is prejudicial treatment of an individual based on his race and forming stereotypes of that individual.

The two words are often used interchangeably by the public but there is a subtle difference.

My impression of Tea Partiers are that they hate Obama because he is Black. But I don't believe Tea Partiers think Obama is stupid or can't lead because he is Black (rather because he is a Democrat).

Tea Partiers are not racist against Obama because of his race. Rather they discriminate against him.
Quote:
Discrimination is prejudicial treatment of an individual based on his race and forming stereotypes of that individual.
false statement

discrimination is prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their DIFFERENCE.....like liberals DISCRIMINATING rich people by forcing them to pay a different rate

Quote:
My impression of Tea Partiers are that they hate Obama because he is Black.
your opinion would be incorrect...people dont like obama's POLITICS..I could care less if he was green, black, white, yellow, or red........DR. Condi Rice would have had my vote in a heart beat..........the reason I cant stand obama(and I didnt like bush either)..I cant stand the FASCIST LIBERALS

Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Who cares?
Well, at least you prove that you cherry pick your 'facts'.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Generally, the tea partiers(most identify with Modern Republican beliefs) hate President Obama because he's a Democrat. Look what the Republicans did to President Clinton. If any other Democrat would have become President, they would have hated him just as badly. The whole race thing just turns the notch from 10 to 11. hard to tell the difference when the vitriol is that high.
The Republicans didn't do anything to Clinton. He did it to himself.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The Republicans didn't do anything to Clinton. He did it to himself.
The republicans didn't criticize President Clinton?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, it is the Democratic Party that pushes race based policies. Obama would have lost the primary to Clinton was it not for racist blacks.
I agree!!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Well, at least you prove that you cherry pick your 'facts'.
No idea what you're talking about.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Generally, the tea partiers(most identify with Modern Republican beliefs) hate President Obama because he's a Democrat. Look what the Republicans did to President Clinton. If any other Democrat would have become President, they would have hated him just as badly. The whole race thing just turns the notch from 10 to 11. hard to tell the difference when the vitriol is that high.
Want to talk about vitriol? Most presidents get to enjoy what is termed a honeymoon after their inauguration. Obama had an extended honeymoon. GW Bush never had one. The very day he was inaugurated the Clintonistas vandalized the West Wing of the White House and it was downhill from there, except for a very brief respite after 9/11.

As far as the tea partiers are concerned the movement arose in opposition to the Stimulus package that was rammed through Congress. Although it was duly signed into law by Obama the stimulus was identified with Pelosi and Reid and the Democrat-controlled Congress and the opposition was largely focused on Congress, not on Obama who was still enjoying his honeymoon.

The sudden rise of the tea parties and the way they coalesced against the Democrat agenda posed a real threat to that agenda. In order to neutralize that threat Pelosi and company and the left-wing chattering class tried to discredit and marginalize tea partiers as racists and pawns of Republican moneyed interests (never mind that the tea party successfully challenged and unseated a number of Republican stalwarts, including Specter, Murkowski, Castle, Bennett, etc.). That effort continues to this day, as witness the OP.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:52 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Do you think the Tea Party would support John Kerry if he had come in with the same policies? Do they support Harry Reid? Nancy Pelosi? Joe Biden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies