Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,102,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Just curious. If you don't care about art work in the White House or Obama, why did you get involved in this thread and a topic you admit you know very little about? You've been pretty vocal here.
Look you are really making this into more than its worth
I stumbled upon the picture last night and made a comment , a simple one line comment , wasnt even mean

and then i make peace with the other poster and then you come marching along.

trust me I wont make a comment on a picture that hangs any where near the city of washington d.c.
nope i know nothing about the art work of that fine city, sorry!

kindly drop it okay

Last edited by sunnyandcloudydays; 09-01-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have to admit I wondered the same thing.....
See the post above , reading the threads last night stumbled across the picture found it weird . made a comment and the rest is history.
that is it folks.

stick a knife and fork in the dead meat - its over
like I said you two made your points and you were the victors
For goodness sakes probably thousands of people stumble upon items everyday
the threads hold vasts amount of information and its literally impossible to be an expert

i did not even claim to be anyone . i just said it did not look real , big deal

Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post

i did not even claim to be anyone . i just said it did not look real , big deal
Ironic that you reiterated you original statement here.
Didnt someone ask you why you thought it wasnt "real"?
And you never answered?
You must not be very old........

Last edited by kshe95girl; 09-01-2011 at 09:29 PM..

Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
I can not believe that there are 32 pages of posts based on the OP's a-troll-ciuos topic.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I can not believe that there are 32 pages of posts based on the OP's a-troll-ciuos topic.
Have you read the whole thread?
Its actually very interesting.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Have you read the whole thread?
Its actually very interesting.
Not yet.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Not yet.
If you have the time, you should.
I think you would find parts of it enlightening, and parts of it appalling.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Ironic that you reiterated you original statement here.
Didnt someone ask you why you thought it wasnt "real"?
And you never answered?
You must not be very old........
I am in my mid 40's probably older than you!

Yes, I literally stumbled upon the thread casually looking at City Data threads.
Please understand I did not have any idea i would spend days defending a topic that was not harmful

If I made a comment that was confronting or derogatory than yes i am ready for a debate to hear the opposing viewpoint of the reader
In this case it was simply an innocent comment of the setting did not seem to be real or one that was not in the actual White House.

Now to answer your question-

The picture looked like the president was in a setting perhaps on visit to a city with an art gallery (outside of the white house) it really surprised me because i honestly had no idea they had a gallery in the white house or even pictures of past events that have shaped our nation

It appeared to me a setting in an art gallery but an art gallery that was not located in the white house.

I find it enlightening the white house has a gallery dictating our countries past or at least pictures hanging showing our history.

Some of our past is hate and shameful but if that is what we did as a nation to grow -than the story must be told.

You just dont see too many pictures with the president looking at a piece of art with what appeared to be casual by standers and again it just looked like it was in a diff setting .

hope this answers your question .

I am a strong advocate of equal rights for everyone black, white ,brown, yelllow, indian, male ,female ,gay ,straight people with disabilities and immigrants.
If your intent is to get my reaction from the art work itself then I hope you realize this painting is merely a part of the past and I hope not the future.

Last edited by sunnyandcloudydays; 09-02-2011 at 04:23 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
For all of you who think the Rockwell painting hanging by Obama's office is out of place in the White House, what do you think of this painting---Really Classy Lady by Patrick Negel---hanging in the room next to the Oval Office during Bush's term? The woman who posed for the painting is Shannon Tweed, Gene Simmons' partner. Basically I'm posting this to illustrate how each president gets to personalize certain places in the White House with art the First Family enjoys. And rightly so in my opinion. The art one likes to live with is very personal and must speak to you.

The China Room - WHITEHOUSE.ORG

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-02-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I actually remember when this picture was on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post and I remember the tears I shed while looking at it. If we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it and I think that there is great proof that a whole lot of people have not learned from history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies