Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

What a shame. They should have just gone for an outright ban except under circumstances of rape and life-threatening to woman's health, instead of going through semantics like lectures and sonograms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is this a Perry thread or an abortion law thread?

Make up your mind, Leftists.
Taken directly from the article.

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican who is running for president, was critical of Tuesday’s ruling. Perry had made the law one of his top priorities for the 2011 legislative session."So now are you still gonna act so obtuse?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Taken directly from the article.

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican who is running for president, was critical of Tuesday’s ruling. Perry had made the law one of his top priorities for the 2011 legislative session."So now are you still gonna act so obtuse?
If this thread is a veiled "No Perry!" circle jerk, then call it what it is. But if this is a discussion on the merits of the abortion law that was thrown out, then feel free to come clean and present your best arguments.

Perry supported it. That's the extent of his involvement. But that support has no bearing on the merits of the law.

So, is this a Perry thread or an abortion thread?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,337 times
ok you answered my question, you just like being difficult and obtuse.

So I guess discussing Perry in this thread is unnecessary? I mean considering it's an abortion law presented in Texas under the governance of Perry, who was a major proponent of this law. No I guess it wouldn't make sense to mention him or his idiotic, antiquated, misogynistic, fundamentalist governing.

The fact is this is a draconian and ideological law forced upon women by religious zealot politicians (e.g. RICK PERRY, someone who according to some people has no bearing on this conversation). I understand they are pro-life and their hearts and misguided heads are in the right place, but this is not the way a civil society governs. Forcing women to endure more trauma when they're already experiencing a traumatic and difficult situation in their lives is plain cruel.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Repulsive Texas abortion-lecture law tossed out

GREAT! Glad to hear it!

Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
ok you answered my question, you just like being difficult and obtuse.

So I guess discussing Perry in this thread is unnecessary? I mean considering it's an abortion law presented in Texas under the governance of Perry, who was a major proponent of this law. No I guess it wouldn't make sense to mention him or his idiotic, antiquated, misogynistic, fundamentalist governing.

The fact is this is a draconian and ideological law forced upon women by religious zealot politicians (e.g. RICK PERRY, someone who according to some people has no bearing on this conversation). I understand they are pro-life and their hearts and misguided heads are in the right place, but this is not the way a civil society governs. Forcing women to endure more trauma when they're already experiencing a traumatic and difficult situation in their lives is plain cruel.
Yes, Perry is the Governor of Texas. Yes he supports the law. Yes, you disagree with his support for the law. That should be the end of the Perry discussion right? Because beyond that point, the discussion should be why you disagree with the law, not because Perry supported it.

Unless of course this is yet another "No Perry" circle jerk, as I asserted before.

We get it. You hate Rick Perry. No need to drag abortion into the conversation. There are plenty of merits to discuss on the abortion debate alone. Just say you hate Rick Perry and leave it at that. Because that's all this thread is really about.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
How can protecting babies be repulsive.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
How can protecting babies be repulsive.
why should anyone be able to tell a woman they don't know what she can do with her body? you are not protecting "babies" just trying to control women. this law was rightly shut down

Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
why should anyone be able to tell a woman they don't know what she can do with her body? you are not protecting "babies" just trying to control women. this law was rightly shut down
Who's telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies? This theme keeps recurring in Liberal arguments, but i've yet to see a law that actually tells a woman that she can't have an abortion.

Please clarify.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who's telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies? This theme keeps recurring in Liberal arguments, but i've yet to see a law that actually tells a woman that she can't have an abortion.

Please clarify.
any attempt at stopping abortion in essence is trying to tell a woman what she can do with her body. there is no reason other then guilt and control for this dumb ass law texas was trying to pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies