Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What a ridiculous statement.
Maybe ridiculous to those who didn't read the article in the link or didn't comprehend the GOP desire to increase taxes on the poorest Americans. To everyone else, it makes sense.

Quote:
Fits right in with the ideology.

Here's an ideology for ya:

"No tax increases except on the poorest!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
how about wiping out the current payrole tax system and just adopt a fair tax on stuff you buy.. makes sense to me. but then the two parties could play the class war fare as easily as they can now..

Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
It's clear that the know-nothings who oppose science only support the class warfare perpetrated by the GOP in favor of the wealthy.

Really...

Pray tell...what science are you speaking of..

No, class warfare is by the left....I know what I paid in income taxes, and I certainly paid more than my fair share....I would like to get a refund, as I did not get enough services for my money paid...answer this question -

If I go to a restaurant, and order a steak dinner...should I also pay for the dinner for the folks next to me, because my income is higher?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
... as long as those with the higher taxes are the working poor or old timers living on retirement and social security.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/op...e-poor.html?hp

More "class warfare" promoted by the GOP against America's poor, while advocating for the wealthy.

The GOP is headed for an electoral disaster.
false

we want ALL rates LOWERED

the government should not need more than 10% to run..if it does, its not efficient

either a flat 10% (to maybe 15% income tax)...or better yet since a majority of income is never reported...a tax on spending..a consumption tax to REPLACE the income tax

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
It's clear that the know-nothings who oppose science only support the class warfare perpetrated by the GOP in favor of the wealthy.

Really...

uhm

its the liberals who push the class warfare

Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

It's obvious by now that the memo went out to all the "useful idiots" to project THEIR real intentions onto the other side in hopes that the majority is as dumb as they are and fall for the propaganda.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 AM

146 posts, read 89,167 times
GOP heading for electoral disaster? Giggle.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

No, it's the liberals who point out what is really going on in this country. The conservatives just keep trying to deny what is going on right in front of our faces.

And when it comes to whacko idealogies, the Republicans win the prize. The latest is Michele Bachmann pronouncing to the country that the hurricane and earthquake were messages sent to us by god. Right. You'd think if god was interested in sending us a message, he'd just type it across the sky or something instead of indulging himself with the creation of natural events whose cryptic meaning can only be understood by Republicans.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
No, it's the liberals who point out what is really going on in this country. The conservatives just keep trying to deny what is going on right in front of our faces.

And when it comes to whacko idealogies, the Republicans win the prize. The latest is Michele Bachmann pronouncing to the country that the hurricane and earthquake were messages sent to us by god. Right. You'd think if god was interested in sending us a message, he'd just type it across the sky or something instead of indulging himself with the creation of natural events whose cryptic meaning can only be understood by Republicans.
And what is really going on? Do you actually believe that most people want leaders of either extreme in office?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
GOP heading for electoral disaster? Giggle.

See ya in 14 months...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies